EURO 2020

stament

1 hour ago, norfolkandchance said:

On Thai telly last night they showed the guy who bought the rights for Baht 280 million. A gift to Thai people it said.

is there any way to stream the channel online? would like to watch the 8pm games

2 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

On Thai telly last night they showed the guy who bought the rights for Baht 280 million. A gift to Thai people it said.

Buying some vaccines would have been a better gift! Hope England win, so when taking the knee yet again being presented with the trophy it's another chance to boo the idiots ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2021 at 11:13 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

The kneeling is no longer linked to the Black Lives Matter movement and the players no longer have the BLM name on their shirts as they did when it first started.

It's now just a gesture indicating disapproval of discrimination and racism of all sorts and in favour of greater equality. Southgate went to great lengths to explain this after the first game. So anybody who boos the players now, is indicating that either a) they just don't understand the message or b) they're OK with racial discrimination and inequality in general.

So a totally pointless gesture then, there is no 'message' to understand. All this does is to divide, not unify. The UK is NOT a racist country, if it were thousands of illegals would not be flooding into it on little boats. People booing are not ok with racial discrimination as there is none in the country anyway. They are booing pointless virtue signaling and race baiting, NOT supporting racism.

Edited by clivebaxter

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So was the 1st game shown live here on NBT (ch2 on Truevisions)?

It was. I didn't stay up to watch it but I set the DVR on my TrueVisions box to record it and sure enough, there it was when I checked this morning.

It only seemed to have Thai commentary though, because even though I set the language to "Original" rather than "Thai" the commentary was still in Thai.

I'll have to see when there's a live game on though, as sometimes the languages are reversed.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

It was. I didn't stay up to watch it but I set the DVR on my TrueVisions box to record it and sure enough, there it was when I checked this morning.

It only seemed to have Thai commentary though, because even though I set the language to "Original" rather than "Thai" the commentary was still in Thai.

I'll have to see when there's a live game on though, as sometimes the languages are reversed.

Unfortunately during the live event it was Thai but still it's on the TV and it's better than nothing.

Forgive my naivety in all things Thai TV as I'm new to it all and tbh I don't watch it normally. Too many karaoke shows and screaming, shouting and hitting soaps for my liking. The odd occasion I put it on is for Netflix.

Anyway, the wife sorted out our free TV stuff but our box doesn't say True visions. This is the remote, anyone know what I'm watching or can explain how TV works here

20210612_113736.thumb.jpg.f301e3f3c31da2458d36a10eeec34b5a.jpg

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

This is the remote, anyone know what I'm watching or can explain how TV works here

You are watching a satellite TV broadcast  most likely the Thaicom  cluster at 78.5 degrees east it works the same worldwide ????

to switch audio channels/language  try pressing the R/L button

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, johng said:

You are watching a satellite TV broadcast  most likely the Thaicom  cluster at 78.5 degrees east it works the same worldwide ????

Yeah, I was meaning many people are saying "Channel 2 on TrueVisions" etc. What I am asking is does the TrueVisions package have all the same channels as the Thaicom one you mention above and are they fixed at a certain channel? i.e. NBT is on Channel 2 on Thaicom, is it the same Channel as NBT on TrueVisions? Or are they all muggled up depending on what package you have and are there more providers than just Thaicom and TrueVisions?

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah, I was meaning many people are saying "Channel 2 on TrueVisions" etc. What I am asking is does the TrueVisions package have all the same channels as the Thaicom one you mention above and are they fixed at a certain channel? i.e. NBT is on Channel 2 on Thaicom, is it the same Channel as NBT on TrueVisions? Or are they all muggled up depending on what package you have and are there more providers than just Thaicom and TrueVisions?

Looks like it might be Mr BJ. Just asked the missus to put Ch2 on her TV and it comes up with NBT2HD which is the one showing the footy. Her remote is exactly the same as yours so I assume she is Thaicom.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What I am asking is does the TrueVisions package have all the same channels as the Thaicom one you mention above and are they fixed at a certain channel?

It depends upon your Satellite receiver as to channel numbers mine is an "infosat"   and NBT is on channel 12

Truevisions also broadcasts from the same satellite/s  (encrypted) has all the "free" channels + paid for extra chanells

I believe they all broadly follow the channel allocations set out by the "government" for  the free Digital terrestrial channels  which puts "Army channel 5" at number 1  !

1951848530_Mux_Loading_LOGO_220863.jpg.4c3d8a7bc4fc2a2645bb44d63ff490ca.jpg.590f69a26aa018d4b45245c3757b4bea.jpg

P_20210612_121524.thumb.jpg.0f0d87af4dd195972f7468ed17b83977.jpg

• Like 1

MrBJ seems you have psisat which is a tv provider used mainly upcountry (i think). If you can't get it on the TV (it will be on there somewhere as NBT is a free channel, then you could download the free Truevisions app called TrueID and watch on that.

If you type 'psi tv thailand english' in to google you should see a link to a downloadable english manual

• Like 1

I stayed up to watch it and it was worth it. Italy were excellent - Mancini has really got this team playing well as a unit. Pace, power, press - not the type of game you would usually associaate with the Azzuri but boy did they hand out a footballing lesson to Turkey! Great staart to the tourney - more of the same please!

As for the whole drama about will it or won't it be shown - didn't the same drama unfold exactly the same for the last world cup? In steps Prayut to save the day... not planned at all!!! ????

19 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

I stayed up to watch it and it was worth it. Italy were excellent - Mancini has really got this team playing well as a unit. Pace, power, press - not the type of game you would usually associaate with the Azzuri but boy did they hand out a footballing lesson to Turkey! Great staart to the tourney - more of the same please!

As for the whole drama about will it or won't it be shown - didn't the same drama unfold exactly the same for the last world cup? In steps Prayut to save the day... not planned at all!!! ????

LOL did he?  I wasn't aware as I wasn't in TH then.

19 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

Who knew there was so much money in flip flops?

• Haha 2

On 6/12/2021 at 9:22 AM, cyril sneer said:

is there any way to stream the channel online? would like to watch the 8pm games

If you are going to stream a game why choose NBT anyway? There will be dozens of streams out there?

I just seen this news. Can anyone confirm if the games are in Eng language if one has True Visions? If not I will likely continue to watch via teatime as the Thai commentary drives me nuts with all the 'krup's' every 10 seconds..

Regardless, pleased for the Thai people that it's being shown and big kudos to the fella who stumped up the 280 large.

2 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

I just seen this news. Can anyone confirm if the games are in Eng language if one has True Visions? If not I will likely continue to watch via teatime as the Thai commentary drives me nuts with all the 'krup's' every 10 seconds..

Regardless, pleased for the Thai people that it's being shown and big kudos to the fella who stumped up the 280 large.

All yesterdays games had English commentary so I would say yes  the first game of the tournament didn't but I think that was just because it was such a late deal they didn't have the time to arrange for english commentary but it appears now they all have it.

To put it on via true visions select on the language tab and choose "Original" I would go with NBT as it is more reliable than a stream

Edited by Chad91

3 minutes ago, Chad91 said:

All yesterdays games had English commentary so I would say yes  the first game of the tournament didn't but I think that was just because it was such a late deal they didn't have the time to arrange for english commentary but it appears now they all have it.

To put it on via true visions select on the language tab and choose "Original" I would go with NBT as it is more reliable than a stream

Can you get English with NBT?

3 minutes ago, Chad91 said:

Good news. I have True Visions, why would I even consider a stream?