EURO 2020

stament

40 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

How can other players not be affected if they are all in the bubble? Surely there will be other players who will need to be isolated as well. 

That's what I thought - but according to the BBC report (and others I've read):

The Scottish FA currently say there are no close contacts identified from inside the camp.

I can't quite see how that can be - they're eating, training, changing, showering and travelling together the whole time. Surely some of them have been in close contact with him? Don't players usually have room mates when they're at a tournament? What about his room mate?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

We got lucky again

Maybe, maybe not... I mean we could win the group with 7 points yet which would be a clear win and not lucky.  Good to know we've qualified before out final game though, eases the pressure.  Now they should go out and perform and produce their first decent performance this tournament.  Croatia win was over-hyped, they aren't the force they were.

No luck at all in qualifying from the group, it was obvious with four best third place teams qualifying that four points would be enough.

However it does just paper over the cracks, England under Southgate are negative in general and he sets his team up not to lose.  Shame really as we do have some good players, played some good stuff for twenty minutes in the first half against Croatia.

Alas, hope springs eternal and no doubt i will be up at 2 Am tomorrow morning hoping for better but knowing deep down it will be just another frustrating performance.

• Like 2

The team that finishes in first will play one of France, Germany, Portugal or Hungary, while the team that finishes second will play the runners-up from Group E, being Sweden, Slovakia, Spain or Poland.

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Due to Denmark and Belgium both winning, even if we lose to Czech, England are now officially through to the last 16.

OMG....so they are going to be even more laid back?....not sure I can watch them again.

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

OMG....so they are going to be even more laid back?....not sure I can watch them again.

I have the school run in the morning, so if I watch it I'll get 3 hours sleep max. I am in deep ponder as to whether to bother or not

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I have the school run in the morning, so if I watch it I'll get 3 hours sleep max. I am in deep ponder as to whether to bother or not

Say I am going to watch every night......climb into bed.....gone.....dead to the world. Watch them all on catch BBC or ITV (avoiding the news beforehand).

3 hours ago, Bangkokhatter said:

No luck at all in qualifying from the group, it was obvious with four best third place teams qualifying that four points would be enough.

However it does just paper over the cracks, England under Southgate are negative in general and he sets his team up not to lose.  Shame really as we do have some good players, played some good stuff for twenty minutes in the first half against Croatia.

Agreed. England’s strengths are their attacking players. Maybe if we had a manager who wasn’t an ex defender he may have a different mindset. 

We can look forward to the likes of Maguire and Henderson playing tonight. He has already said Kane will start. 

Can’t wait. 

7 hours ago, stament said:

Chilwell and Mount, fortunately we have cover in both areas.

This doesn't make any sense. They could only have met up with Gilmour on the night of the England-Scotland game. His Scotland teammates however, have been with him every day since before the tournament began. How is it that Chilwell and Mount are classed as close contacts and have to isolate but none of the Scottish players do?

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

4 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

This doesn't make any sense. They could only have met up with Gilmour on the night of the England-Scotland game. His Scotland teammates however, have been with him every day since before the tournament began. How is it that Chilwell and Mount are classed as close contacts and have to isolate but none of the Scottish players do?

If you watched the end of match scenes you would see that Mount and Chilwell were climbing all over Gilmour and virtually snogging him. A clear breach of Covid protocol.

Lucky for England as it gives yet another London centric England manager less Chelsea nancy boys to choose from and forces him to give their places to much more deserving and capable players from Northern clubs.

8 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

It’s a load of nonsense. Their little love in session at the end of the game makes them a higher risk then all of his team mates with him day in day out. 

Schools are sending classes home to isolate if one pupil is tested positive. Makes a mockery of the whole system. 

28 minutes ago, polpott said:

If you watched the end of match scenes you would see that Mount and Chilwell were climbing all over Gilmour and virtually snogging him. A clear breach of Covid protocol.

Lucky for England as it gives yet another London centric England manager less Chelsea nancy boys to choose from and forces him to give their places to much more deserving and capable players from Northern clubs.

Team vs Scotland plus subs: Pickford, Mings, Foden, Stones, Grealish, James, Mount, Philips, Shaw, Rice, Rashford, Sterling, Kane. 

I make that 9 Northern club based players and 4 London. 

Yeah real London centric bias there. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, polpott said:

What about northerners who play for southern clubs, do you classify them as nancy boys too?

57 minutes ago, polpott said:

True, but according to everything I've read it usually takes more than one, relatively short exposure to a person with CoViD-19 to get infected, especially if that person is asymptomatic. People with constant, repeated contact (such as his teammates) would seem to have a much better chance of being infected, as far as I can tell.

Having said that, and as much as it makes sense for Chilwell and Mount to self-isolate due to their highly-visible close contact with him, it would surely make sense that at least some of the Scotland players should be isolating as well.

3 hours ago, polpott said:

Yeah we need tough men like me, not them southern Nancy boys. 

EFAE9815-908A-4D11-A71F-4ED5DAFF2A1C.jpeg

Edited by Kadilo

Covid aside <deleted> was Mount doing at the end of the game. 
A kid making his debut made you look a d.ick during the game  and got MOTM and you want to give him an extended cuddle cos he’s your team mate at your club. 

No wonder our attitude as a team was sh.ite. 

Roy Keane just about summed it up. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, polpott said:

You mean Lord Flashheart from Villa?

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Team vs Scotland plus subs: Pickford, Mings, Foden, Stones, Grealish, James, Mount, Philips, Shaw, Rice, Rashford, Sterling, Kane. 

I make that 9 Northern club based players and 4 London. 

Yeah real London centric bias there. 

To us Scots you are all soft southern sissies.

• Haha 2