TUMERIC

lelapin

I have been investigating various brands of tumeric with a view to buying some. Most show dosages of 2 tablets 3/4 times a day.

Can that be right and is there a limit on the length of time that you should take them.

27 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I use a brand called KAMIN-CHUN and each capsule is 500mg.

An otc tub of 100 is 80 thb at my local pharmacy.

I take 3 per day and I am able to walk upstairs for more easily than before.

Do I believe that they work? They seem to work for me.

I might give them a go.

IMG_20210326_140846.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

There is a Thai Turmeric drink available in 7/11, supposedly very good and popular. 

Thailand’s QminC sets 20 million bottle target following last year’s success ©Tera Food & Beverage Co

Funny..just watched a video ad for this today in the BTS platform while waiting for the train.

46 minutes ago, tonray said:

Funny..just watched a video ad for this today in the BTS platform while waiting for the train.

Like most Thai drinks its has heaps of sugar. 

If you look around the wet markets you can find little old Thai ladies that make a traditional version, and its not sweet.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Oldie said:

If you take it then look that the pills have piperine (black pepper extract) or otherwise take it with black pepper. Without black pepper not much will be absorbed by the body.

In what form can you take the black pepper and how much should you take with each tablet.

2 hours ago, lelapin said:

In what form can you take the black pepper and how much should you take with each tablet.

I eat several pepper corns when I take pills that don't contain piperine. It will be listed as ingredient if it is there. Normally such pills are more expensive. Pills and Tumeric should also be consumed with fat. 

Edited by Oldie

On 3/26/2021 at 10:47 AM, Oldie said:

In pills is (hopefully) often an extract of turmeric - curcuminoids. They are important to reduce inflammation. 

0,5 grams of turmeric extract will give you about 400 mg of curcuminoids. 0,5 grams of the ground spice will only provide about 15 mg curcuminoids. A testing Company named Consumer Lab came to these numbers.

Anyway - don't forget to consume it with black pepper if there is no piperine added. Here is some information

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/turmeric-and-black-pepper

Ordered these based on your suggestion   https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i302624346-s521608712.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&spm=spm%3Da2o4m.order_details.item_title.1

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Hey, just wondering if turmeric is such a wonderful thing then how come it's not helping much to those poor folks in India at the moment? 

After a month it's done absolutely nothing for me.

I'll keep taking the pills until I run out, but won't be buying any more.

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

After a month it's done absolutely nothing for me.

I'll keep taking the pills until I run out, but won't be buying any more.

Have you investigated the underlying cause of your inflammation? It may be that you have insulin resistance (88% of adults in the US). You should be treating that as well by reducing carbs.

2 hours ago, Denim said:

I switched to a hot ginger infusion every morning before getting up. I get this from a stallholder at the local market who also sells hot tofu and patango. I buy 4 bags at a time and store them in the fridge..

After just a wekk my fingers were 90% better with no pain and a much better grip.

Smoking cannabis has the same effect.

So a friend tells me.

• Haha 1

Next on the list is Cinnamon. Also supposed to be anti-inflammatory. 

Most of my ( ahem) older running/jogging mates take turmeric in one form or another. Mixing it with black pepper also helps. Some capsules are premixed with pepper.

Edited by VocalNeal

Turmeric is a root. Available in any local market - I buy a handful of it for 15 baht. Buy it in a bottle and you're ripping yourself off.

Chop and boil with lots of ginger for use as a tea (personally I add some cider vinegar and lime juice after cooling).

Does it help with muscle-related or arthritic symptoms? Maybe - or maybe it's the Chang that does it.

Been taking Tumeric (Pictured post 4) for over 4 years now,4 or 5 tablets every morning. Had to pack up caddying 4 years ago (in the UK) as i could n,t bend down to read players putts,had an MRI scan which showed degenerative arthritis in both knees...solution new knee caps (no thanks) Cortisone injection (no thanks) lose 10 kilo,s (i weigh 96kg)....tried but like my food too much. Was advised by a Golf coach to take Tumeric...now in my golf croup here of at least 30 players (on occasions) i am the only one who bends down to read putts...so Tumeric works for me, but reading (Oldie,s post) i will take it from now on with Black Peppercorns. Playing Pattavia tomorrow and i will will probably be the only one walking.....plus my Caddy.