Phuket reopening plan approved

snoop1130

On 3/28/2021 at 7:18 AM, ThailandRyan said:

What happens when the bully shows up and kicks sand in the sandbox because someone would not pay for their scam.

Just be sure to have the cuties cover their beers, so they dont get sand in their Schlitz!  ????  PBR me Asap (for yanks only)

10 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Just be sure to have the cuties cover their beers, so they dont get sand in their Schlitz!  ????  PBR me Asap (for yanks only)

Yes I do miss PBR fresh from a kegger.  One day maybe I will invest in a kegerator for the home like I had in the sports room at the house in the US.  Back on Topic, I talked with two friends who will now come to Thailand in July for their 2 week vacation and stay in Phuket.  Their only question was doing the transit in BKK with the airline.  They used to fly Thai Airways when they transited.  I told them I have no idea and to do some due diligence.  Their jobs only allow for 4 weeks of vacation a year but they can only take 2 weeks at a time, max of 16 days.  They have all 4 weeks from last year on the books as well as they could not use the time due to Covid.

On 3/26/2021 at 10:04 PM, Frank Abegnale said:

Do they really think that international tourists will come to Thailand just to come to Phuket and not be allowed to come to other parts of Thailand?

Absolutely. The couples and families I know who travel to Thailand from oz stay exclusively in Phuket. It's the perfect mix of good beaches and entertainment, up market accommodation. 

Direct flights makes it a very easy and attractive tropical resort island 

I'm heading back in July and am very much looking forward to it 

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes I do miss PBR fresh from a kegger.  One day maybe I will invest in a kegerator for the home like I had in the sports room at the house in the US.  Back on Topic, I talked with two friends who will now come to Thailand in July for their 2 week vacation and stay in Phuket.  Their only question was doing the transit in BKK with the airline.  They used to fly Thai Airways when they transited.  I told them I have no idea and to do some due diligence.  Their jobs only allow for 4 weeks of vacation a year but they can only take 2 weeks at a time, max of 16 days.  They have all 4 weeks from last year on the books as well as they could not use the time due to Covid.

Let me know when the keg is tapped ???? aka Miller time

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 7:04 PM, Frank Abegnale said:

Do they really think that international tourists will come to Thailand just to come to Phuket and not be allowed to come to other parts of Thailand?

that's the problem and why Thailand wants people carefully tracked. He knows when people from the west when they have a few drinks all regard for others goes out the window..

Phuket .

Are serious in their strategy , to attract the international sex tourist.

Cheap Charlies , like me .555

Essan , will do nicely .  

Buyers market , just perfect..

Phuket .

Essan , will do nicely .  

Phuket .

Essan , will do nicely .  

On 3/28/2021 at 5:49 PM, Thailand said:

And where are these tourists coming from?

Staycation seems to be the in word for many countries nowadays.

I'm not sure why you're asking this question of me instead of the agencies making the predictions.

However, I would suggest they'll come from many different countries as before, obviously just not in the same numbers for some time. I have a couple of Australian friends who are chaffing at the bit for the chance to resume their retirement plans of world travel.

Seizing upon a current in-word and thinking it represents every traveller around the world is somewhat disingenuous.

8 hours ago, rott said:

Strangely his location is listed as Patong

Strange indeed when it appears he lives in Buriram.

Others here with strong opinions about Phuket come from "near enough",  "the matrix",  "above the south pole in a warmer climate" and "in and out". 

What to believe and which to find funny/clever. 

As usual the most, and most strident, opinions on Phuket matters come from people living elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/1/2021 at 9:10 PM, Old Croc said:

Strange indeed when it appears he lives in Buriram.

Others here with strong opinions about Phuket come from "near enough",  "the matrix",  "above the south pole in a warmer climate" and "in and out". 

What to believe and which to find funny/clever. 

As usual the most, and most strident, opinions on Phuket matters come from people living elsewhere.

Are you  referring to me?...Do we need to start showing ID here to appease others....Im happy to provide proof if anyone is claiming my statements are false....

Please inform us of your demands and what we are and arent allowed to say so we can submit...or maybe apply to be a moderator......my Gf loves the "in and out" ????

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Are you  referring to me?...Do we need to start showing ID here to appease others....Im happy to provide proof if anyone is claiming my statements are false....

Please inform us of your demands and what we are and arent allowed to say so we can submit...or maybe apply to be a moderator......my Gf loves the "in and out" ????

In my 15 plus years as a member of Thaivisa the one thing managements and I have always had in common is that I don't have the qualifications to be a moderator. Thanks for the laugh there.

I'm unsure as to why you would think I would want to check your ID, nor why I would ask you to prove the obviously unprovable, always negative, silly comments you make.

The "in and out" thing is hilarious and never gets old! 

( for Americans, the last line is sarcasm)

Edited by Old Croc

19 hours ago, Old Croc said:

In my 15 plus years as a member of Thaivisa the one thing managements and I have always had in common is that I don't have the qualifications to be a moderator. Thanks for the laugh there.

I'm unsure as to why you would think I would want to check your ID, nor why I would ask you to prove the obviously unprovable, always negative, silly comments you make.

The "in and out" thing is hilarious and never gets old! 

( for Americans, the last line is sarcasm)

Im a yank, so 99% of my posts here are sarcasm-satire, which some dont seem to get as Ive been on "timeout" many times...

You mentioned locations of posters here, and the actual locations of some--and you quoted "the matrix",which happens to be my location

being that the reason you are ready this is thru the internet aka the matrix........(for americans, and everyone else, im a sarcastic yank) ????

53 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Im a yank, so 99% of my posts here are sarcasm-satire, which some dont seem to get as Ive been on "timeout" many times...

You mentioned locations of posters here, and the actual locations of some--and you quoted "the matrix",which happens to be my location

being that the reason you are ready this is thru the internet aka the matrix........(for americans, and everyone else, im a sarcastic yank) ????

When I mentioned some of the various locations people give themselves on their profile I was making a point, to someone else, that just because someone claimed to be in Patong doesn't mean it's correct and give more credence to his opinions.

TVR is a social platform and I can not reasonably have problems with members posting on any forum they wish. However, I do get p...d off with some small minded people who only post on the Phuket forum, no matter what the subject, to deride the whole province because they have some petty grievance usually related to the high costs of taxis and their own small budgets.

Expats on Phuket are well aware of the rip-offs and it's the reason most buy their own vehicles. The last time I used a taxi was from the airport in 2010 when I arrived to live here.

Phuket's crowded highways are a symptom of the lack of cheap public transport for locals, and highlights the failures of governments to remedy the situation.

I was aware you're American and I congratulate you for defying the stereotype that your countrymen don't get sarcasm.

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2021 at 10:09 PM, Old Croc said:

When I mentioned some of the various locations people give themselves on their profile I was making a point, to someone else, that just because someone claimed to be in Patong doesn't mean it's correct and give more credence to his opinions.

TVR is a social platform and I can not reasonably have problems with members posting on any forum they wish. However, I do get p...d off with some small minded people who only post on the Phuket forum, no matter what the subject, to deride the whole province because they have some petty grievance usually related to the high costs of taxis and their own small budgets.

Expats on Phuket are well aware of the rip-offs and it's the reason most buy their own vehicles. The last time I used a taxi was from the airport in 2010 when I arrived to live here.

Phuket's crowded highways are a symptom of the lack of cheap public transport for locals, and highlights the failures of governments to remedy the situation.

I was aware you're American and I congratulate you for defying the stereotype that your countrymen don't get sarcasm.

Cant say im proud to be an American these days---I tell people im from canada.....Go Maple leafs!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, stuarty said:

Does anyone know whether after July1 (no quarantine for vaccinated) it is still going to be a requirement for the last vaccine to be within 3 months of arrival? Can't see this on official sites.

I read 7 days quarantine for those who have had both vaccinations, with the second vaccination not being less than 14 days from arrival, and this is what I am following and I arrive in September

1)  All travelers with or without vaccine certificate

1.1  Quarantine period for travelers without vaccine certificate is reduced from 14 days to 10 days.
1.2  Travelers with vaccine certificate with the following conditions maybe eligible to no less than 7-day quarantine:

2.1.1   Travelers vaccinated with the list of vaccine approved by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand as follows: (as of 31 March 2021)

(1)  Sinovac
(2)  AstraZeneca / Oxford
(3)  SK BIOSCIENCE AstraZeneca / Oxford
(4)  Pfizer / BioNTech
(5)  Covishield (Serum Institute of India)
(6)  Janssen – Johnson & Johnson
(7)  Moderna

2.1.2   Travelers must be vaccinated for more than 14 days before the traveling date
2.1.3   Travelers must present the vaccine certificate (with an original paper or a printed copy) at the port of arrival.
The quarantine period will be determined by the Health Control officers upon arriving to Thailand

Edited by beano2274
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, beano2274 said:

I read 7 days quarantine for those who have had both vaccinations, with the second vaccination not being less than 14 days from arrival, and this is what I am following and I arrive in September

1)  All travelers with or without vaccine certificate

1.1  Quarantine period for travelers without vaccine certificate is reduced from 14 days to 10 days.
1.2  Travelers with vaccine certificate with the following conditions maybe eligible to no less than 7-day quarantine:

2.1.1   Travelers vaccinated with the list of vaccine approved by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand as follows: (as of 31 March 2021)

(1)  Sinovac
(2)  AstraZeneca / Oxford
(3)  SK BIOSCIENCE AstraZeneca / Oxford
(4)  Pfizer / BioNTech
(5)  Covishield (Serum Institute of India)
(6)  Janssen – Johnson & Johnson
(7)  Moderna

2.1.2   Travelers must be vaccinated for more than 14 days before the traveling date
2.1.3   Travelers must present the vaccine certificate (with an original paper or a printed copy) at the port of arrival.
The quarantine period will be determined by the Health Control officers upon arriving to Thailand

To be clear, the rules stated above apply to arrivals prior to July 1st.

From July 1st onward, the above also applies with the exception being no quarantine is required.

The question remains, however, whether or not there will be any requirement that the vaccination be completed within a stipulated time frame (e.g. not more than 3 or 6 months prior to arrival) from July 1st onward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrDave said:

To be clear, the rules stated above apply to arrivals prior to July 1st.

From July 1st onward, the above also applies with the exception being no quarantine is required.

The question remains, however, whether or not there will be any requirement that the vaccination be completed within a stipulated time frame (e.g. not more than 3 or 6 months prior to arrival) from July 1st onward.

And its also not clear whether you still need, as a requirement to have, a ASQ booking (even if you don't need it if negative but in case you test positive on arrival, ) , as they have not said that you must have that, on official sites, from July 1. 

Also, do you need proof of an onward/outward flight ticket after your visa (45 days etc) or not? What if you haven't decided where you're going next yet?

On 3/26/2021 at 11:39 PM, sammieuk1 said:

If I've had a double dose and tested negative I wont want to be near any dirty unvaccinated untested Thais and banged up for a very expensive 7 days so what's the next plan????

Why not consider a holiday in the UK ..

On 4/6/2021 at 9:32 PM, stuarty said:

And its also not clear whether you still need, as a requirement to have, a ASQ booking (even if you don't need it if negative but in case you test positive on arrival, ) , as they have not said that you must have that, on official sites, from July 1. 

Also, do you need proof of an onward/outward flight ticket after your visa (45 days etc) or not? What if you haven't decided where you're going next yet?

In summary .

No clear , is the only certainty ..