Google Search Dates showing Thai Calendar date

safarimike11

Thanks.

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

You should note that this will also influence the search results itself, you will get more results related to the

Yes, a HUGE benefit when searching for home country-specific details. Just changed to the U.S., and had been looking for Tax experiences. Wow. Massively more helpful.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 8:16 AM, jackdd said:

You should note that this will also influence the search results itself, you will get more results related to the UK and less results related to Thailand.

That is why i dont change the settings, but would be nice to have an european date with Thai search.

9 hours ago, robblok said:

That is why i dont change the settings, but would be nice to have an european date with Thai search.

Out of interest I checked search results (using the same search) for "Current Region" and then "UK" and came up with the same list of search results in each case, but note that I am using Firefox.

Edited by safarimike11

15 hours ago, safarimike11 said:

Out of interest I checked search results (using the same search) for "Current Region" and then "UK" and came up with the same list of search results in each case, but note that I am using Firefox.

Supposedly it should work this way. But maybe only if you search for more Thai related things. I mean if your searching for something European you should get it. Maybe depends on the search term. but I am not completely sure.

17 hours ago, safarimike11 said:

In all browsers, Google search looks for a region cookie which normally follows local IP address unless changed by the user.

Search for TV Show with region set to Thailand then change the region to UK and search for TV Show again. Note the different search results.

Region setting for Google searches is lost when cookies are cleared which is why it annoys so many people. IP change via VPN is the best way to ensure consistent region results.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Although I watch YouTube a lot, I actually failed to notice/realize that a lot of the right-hand side box searches are also coming up in Thai and found out that this is (also) based on my default location, so having goggled it I found the solution:

1. In YouTube, click on your Profile Picture.

2. Select the location you'd like to use.

(I don't really need Thai results for my search of "Sovereign citizen police stops", do I?)