Thailand approves quarantine waiver for tourists, orders more vaccines

rooster59

On 3/29/2021 at 12:58 PM, elgenon said:

Taiwan? Am I right?

From the most recent official Semi-Commercial flights spreadsheet updated 16 March 2021, flights Taipei to Bangkok:

Eva Air BR211  - TPE-BKK

Thai Inter. TG633   -  TPE-BKK

China Airlines C1833   -  TPE-BKK

China Airlines C1831    -  TPE-BKK

Starlux Airlines JX741  -  TPE-BKK

Check the spreadsheet for which days of the week these flights operate:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ijBJOTgFJPAuWUfkPIA60iniXB9j9Ba2XHafXzA6JCw/edit#gid=1507041608

19 hours ago, scorecard said:

From the most recent official Semi-Commercial flights spreadsheet updated 16 March 2021, flights Taipei to Bangkok:

Eva Air BR211  - TPE-BKK

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ijBJOTgFJPAuWUfkPIA60iniXB9j9Ba2XHafXzA6JCw/edit#gid=1507041608

It's a start but doesn't help me if I can't get to Taipei from LAX.

BTW I was apprised by the legendary Polpott that Taiwan is not Covid free so doesn't qualify. I only know what I am told.

23 hours ago, scorecard said:

Eva Air BR211  - TPE-BKK

4 hours ago, elgenon said:

It's a start but doesn't help me if I can't get to Taipei from LAX.

BTW I was apprised by the legendary Polpott that Taiwan is not Covid free so doesn't qualify. I only know what I am told.

China Airline has more flights going to Taipei and to BKK for month of May and June from LAX and SFO. And I expect more flight from July on.

Look under travel alerts in red for schedule for May and June.

https://www.china-airlines.com/us/en

Edited by gt162

On 3/28/2021 at 1:38 PM, bermondburi said:

The info on the embassy website is out of date. As things stand Gulf are flying once a week to Bangkok via Singapore until June.

And reading between the lines they're just trying to get more people into one plane by combining 2 routes. I'm presuming that, like you say, once Thailand opens up, more flights will appear and the stop in Singapore will end, and depending on the new route take up, which Singapore is, they may or may not continue the service to there. 

Hope so, I want to check out the new terminal in Bahrain. Had a look at the new Falcon Gold lounge on YouTube and if looks great. Al la carte menu, pool table, VR games, sports TVs etc.

I thought the Thai Embassy website might not be the most reliable and probably our of date which is why I mentioned the date on it. I normally check things on here for that reason so thanks for your information.  When I looked at Gulf Air flights I just looked at the departure and destination airports (as I would normally) so I didn't realise they were flying through Singapore. I'd love to visit but I think my wife would assume she should be there as well so at the moment it's just a longer journey. 

There are a lot of changing circumstances right now so I'll need to keep updated. It may well be that I don't come back until June or July anyway although I would prefer earlier. 

Good luck to Phuket. But if all they have to offer in CM is the Chinese vaccine that is only 50 -55% effective, then no thank you I will not at all costs. I do not trust anything Chinese made and I do not buy anything from China anymore unless have seriously have to and no other choice. So if they gonna do that for CM then send the vaccine of my choice or no ball game.

On 3/30/2021 at 8:29 PM, gt162 said:

China Airline has more flights going to Taipei and to BKK for month of May and June from LAX and SFO. And I expect more flight from July on.

Look under travel alerts in red for schedule for May and June.

https://www.china-airlines.com/us/en

Thanks, yes I saw China Airlines but with my bad experiences with mainland Chinese in Thailand I was hesitant. But I guess that route would be OK.

Have you ever flown them? What was your experience?

On 3/31/2021 at 1:26 AM, elgenon said:

Simply google Taiwan covid.

The legendary Polpott is on par with his cambodian alter-ego, regarding the quality of his advice... ????

41 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Simply google Taiwan covid.

The legendary Polpott is on par with his cambodian alter-ego, regarding the quality of his advice... ????

I gave no advice. Don't twist my words, seems to be a habit of yours. I simply stated that Taiwan is not Covid free (6 new cases yesterday) and it is not generally regarded by the international community, including the UN, as an independent country. Do you have a problem with those facts? Please quote me if you think I said anything else.

Also, my forum name has zero connection with a Cambodian, although I have visited the Killing Fields and School 21 with a Cambodian national. I was also once threatened with a gun by someone in the employ of Khmer Rouge.

On 3/27/2021 at 10:21 PM, polpott said:

Opening up schools and universities is indeed the biggest worry. Hopefully children's vaccinations will be approved soon.

Personally. after all the over 50s have had their second dose, I would work from the youngest upwards. The younger generation do seem to produce the most superspreaders, probably because they are the least likely to follow Covid rules.

Overseas brother #2 fully agrees.

https://nationalfile.com/faucis-orders-children-not-allowed-to-play-together-unmasked-until-theyre-all-vaxxed/

5 hours ago, gt162 said:

China Airlines and EVA Airlines are Taiwanese airlines and NOT from China. These 2 airlines are the best from SFO and LAX for the  price, service, route with shorter duration to BKK. Highly recommended. 

You're right of course. I always confuse it with Air China. I fly EvA but haven's seen any flights LAX-BKK. I have Silver status which is lounge access.  Have you flown both? What are the differences?