Thailand road carnage: Nearly half of all bikers don't have a licence - almost two dead PER HOUR

rooster59

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

A proper system of training should be put in place it will bring fatalities down not stop it but should start with Motorbikes and then introduced to cars/Trucks, lorry and coach drivers to. 

It would be nice but the issue is not of doing it its the issue of why would they unless they get serious.

A lot of bla bla but the only reason we have this is because no enforcement. Just the prove that  Thai police force is not doing their job at all.  Any decent police force can turn this around in less than a month. Fines and enforcements can change attitudes very fast.

30 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It would be nice but the issue is not of doing it its the issue of why would they unless they get serious.

Yeah sad I use to sort of fail some people well that is ask them to come back again before issuing a CBT cert in UK.  

The joke use to be go to the chemist and ask for some balance. ????

Edited by Kwasaki

1 hour ago, Moo 2 said:

Covid-19 News should only come second behind Thailand road road carnage has it's by far over taking people dying on the road. Two dead per hour and most of it we are talking about the future Thai generations!

Could be said for a lot of countries .. Australia, New Zealand and many others have had far less deaths from covid compared to their yearly road fatalities. And in places like the good old US of A obesity deaths far outnumber covid deaths but apparently in this new world comparing death rates of covid to other statistics is verboten.

11 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

It is no surprise to me that once again the majority of posts have deemed Thai in general as intellectually deficient and naturally (in presumption) farang in general are superior.

One wonders, since you seem to notice it quite often, if it might actually be true?

Things that seem the same all the time, generally are true, or are quite close to being true.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 2

"Now nearly two are dying every hour - one per 35 minutes. 

She said that between 2011 and 2019 26,126 children and young people died.

In the next eleven years the death toll among youth could be expected to be 40,000 if nothing is done.

Drowning used to be the number one death toll for under 15s - now it is on a par with bike deaths."

Corr, there must be more drowning going on than I ever dreamed of! Why hasn't it been reported?

18 hours ago, NightSky said:

nonsense!

My license is perfectly valid. 

Look its from Washington..

Mickey-Mouse-Drivers-License-Is-Real-Yet

I think I've seen you riding a bike. Couldn't see your face but I recognise the ears sticking through the helmet. I thought they were stuck on the outside as a joke but I see now I was wrong.

My apologies for laughing at your ears.  ????

On 3/27/2021 at 3:38 PM, doctormann said:

I'm not sure that having a licence makes very much difference when it's the mind-set that is in need of adjustment!

It would be the same mind set that they adopted when the fishing magnates imported myamer workers full of covid.

Do nothing.. Motorcycle dealers must prevail. 

I might be wrong but a large contributory factor in the accidents I have seen seems to be the lack of foresight.

That lorry might turn left and bury me under its wheels.

That car might come across that crossroads but never mind I will just go through it even faster.

That double decker coach might stop but no matter I will travel at 100 kph 1 metre from its rear.

Every Thai motorcyclist is an accident waiting to happen. They only make it home by luck which is what most trust more than actually looking before pulling out or turning right.

But it will never change, each rider thinks he or she can’t die until the moment they do.  RIP

Police have to enforce the law better. If you are caught without a license your vehicle should be seized, and someone who 

actually has a license has to come and get the vehicle, whether it is a motorbike oar car.  It would not take long for

people to stop driving if they get fined, and the owner should also get fined as well for letting their vehicle get driven by

someone who does not have a license.

My opinion

Geezer

22 hours ago, doctormann said:

Well, the masks may serve some useful purpose, if only to filter out some of the black cr*p spewing from the buses and trucks.  Whether or not they reduce accident rates is rather unlikely!

@doctormanntrue but i dont think the majority of thais are wearing them cuz of that. and its stupid to wear a mask and not a helmet, as statistically you much more likely to die on a motorbike than of covid in thailand.  

On 3/27/2021 at 10:12 AM, PatOngo said:

Dreamer!

The Middle school across the street from my village has a lineup on the side of the road of about 200 or so motorbikes and scooters, all driven to school by 12-15 year olds.  Plenty of police in the morning managing traffic.  Nothing questioned.  I understand that the infrastructure for transportation of students sucks and many of the kids don't have many options but they are all riding illegally and nobody does anything about it.  Over the years I have lived here coming home from work I have also seen at least 5 bad accidents involving students.

On 3/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, digger70 said:

That's not going to change if the Road Rules are not Policed . 

Than the big Factor is , Who Cares ,  the kids,The parent's,the cops ,the Gov'ment .

None of them care ????

They could'nt care less, because they're too lazy 

On 3/27/2021 at 11:23 AM, Mywayboy said:

Nothing will ever change Thai mindset when driving cars or riding motorcycles. 

But there is a way that every motor cycle rider will wear a safety helmet  while riding the motor cycle and overnight will be effectively. Perhaps the official who make the revelations need to put their thinking cap on. 

On 3/27/2021 at 11:10 AM, ParkerN said:

Thee government already knows about this, it's what departmental statistics are supposed to tell them. They do nothing effective, not because they don't know, but because they don't care.

gotta keep the coffin makers in BUSINESS!!!

On 3/28/2021 at 11:31 AM, Forza2002 said:

This nonsense about a big bike license (>400cc) keeps rearing its head. What % of motorbike accidents involve a motorbike >400cc, probably <1% , so what is the point?

So , maybe, they can ride on Bangkok expressways?

On 3/29/2021 at 11:14 AM, actonion said:

They could'nt care less, because they're too lazy 

Maybe they are simply laid back and not overly concerned about misdemeanours which they don't see as crimes.

Slightly off topic, but just as  interesting..  A lot has been  commented on Thai's on Motorbikes / Scooters  riding without Night lights, ...a Teenager in our Village  rides constantly without lights, i asked  him why he does it .. his reply, ( in English,) was, " I not chicken, I  not scare to die,"..you scare to die,....but he wears a Covid face mask !!

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2021 at 1:00 PM, VocalNeal said:

Maybe they are simply laid back and not overly concerned about misdemeanours which they don't see as crimes.

The system is the problem.  MayPhenRi!  It's a free for all on the motorways and all the drivers are self-managed since there are no enforceable laws to consider.  The police come into the situation after-the-fact.

The Thai government worrying themselves senseless over covid and vaccines, while enabling the killing of hundreds each year on their dangerous roads. Good prioritisation folks.