5 days on KPN

I haven't been to KPN since 1992 and expect it has changed a lot from 2 bars on Haad Rin beach and 1 night club. 

I'll be paying a lot more than 60 baht a night for a beach bungalow, if there are any left and don't expect 10 baht for a meal. 

I'd appreciate any advice on a nice sea view hotel. 

Can I take my car there, or best leave it at Surathani? 

Also, any hotels do the 40% govt. discount? 

I was on KPN about one month ago and it was nice and quiet. Not that many places open.

Haad Rinn was a smaller version of Chaweng (Samui) - dead.  Mind you, there is a Full Moon Party - old school at Haad Rinn tomorrow.

You can take your car - Donsak to Thong Sala. 2.5 hours

If you want to leave your car, there is a faster speed boat from Maenam (Samui) to Thong Sala but the journey time from Donsak is roughly the same. 1.5 hours Donsak to Samui. 30 minutes by taxi to Maenam then 30 minutes speedboat to Thong Sala. This way is also more expensive.

Less hassle to take the car.

The Raja ferry is the only one. Definitely book as the ferries are busy lately and they are going to get busier in April

https://www.rajaferryport.com/?act=p&title=sailing-schedule-donsak-koh-phangan

Sorry, I cannot help you with hotels as I always stay on the NW coast at Mae Haad. (Only two hotels, a Family Mart and nothing else was open.)

• Thanks 1

Tommy Resort on Haad Rin's Sunrise Beach is still extremely alive and have excellent offers at the moment – it's also Tommy that is arranging "back to the roots" full moon party...????

If you take the fast track to Samui, and a taxi to Haad Rin Quen Pier in Bang Rak by Big Buddha, there is a speed boat commuting in 20 minutes directly to Haad Rin twice a day, in the morning and in the afternoon, see more here...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, khunPer said:

Tommy Resort on Haad Rin's Sunrise Beach is still extremely alive and have excellent offers at the moment – it's also Tommy that is arranging "back to the roots" full moon party...????

If you take the fast track to Samui, and a taxi to Haad Rin Quen Pier in Bang Rak by Big Buddha, there is a speed boat commuting in 20 minutes directly to Haad Rin twice a day, in the morning and in the afternoon, see more here...

Thanks and interesting. I frequented Tommy's nearly 30 years ago. 

Maybe I'm a bit old for those special omelettes ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1