Pattaya: Beggars and homeless people cleared off the streets after image problem

rooster59

1 minute ago, champers said:

So not exterminated or sent back to a third world, war-torn state were persecution is rife.

Quite right , but people expect more from Australia . There  following of agreements the country has made do not follow there actions.

54 minutes ago, itsari said:

What is the reality ? I can only consider reality what I see . I do not have to step over homeless people in the streets unlike many cities in the world . That is reality . 

Perhaps you would like to comment on Thailand's compassionate welfare system.  ????

• Thanks 2

Just now, Leaver said:

Perhaps you would like to comment on Thailand's compassionate welfare system.  ????

Family and the Buddhist temples do a very good job . 

Perhaps you can give some insight into your reality of Thailand welfare ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Leaver said:

What about the Thai government?  After all, they collect all that tax from the Thai tax payers and consumers.  They collect billions of dollars, not baht.  Why don't they take better care of the citizens?  Why is it left to charities and family?  

What Thai welfare?   

Thailand rely on charities to avoid higher taxation . Sales tax here is 7 percent I believe . Sales tax seems not applicable for a majority of sales here in Thailand . Most European countries demand from 20 to 25 percent where a  majority of sales will be taxable . 

You still do not wish to discuss your earlier statement that Thailand is covering up there homeless people . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, itsari said:

Thailand rely on charities to avoid higher taxation .

Well that's a solid social welfare policy.   ????

9 minutes ago, itsari said:

Sales tax here is 7 percent I believe . Sales tax seems not applicable for a majority of sales here in Thailand .

What about income tax?

10 minutes ago, itsari said:

You still do not wish to discuss your earlier statement that Thailand is covering up there homeless people . 

I never used the words "cover up."  

You read an article where a few homeless and beggars are rounded up and translate that into how well Thailand take care of the poor.  You are showing your naivety.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

What about income tax?

You read an article where a few homeless and beggars are rounded up and translate that into how well Thailand take care of the poor.  You are showing your naivety.  

I have asked you two times to back up your statement . Twice you wish to avoid the question . OK , I am naive you are evasive . Why are you evasive is because you are naive . Good night 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leaver said:

What about income tax?

I am afraid to disagree , you made a statement that the help given to the homeless was just to make them  go away . Now you can not back up your words .

21 minutes ago, itsari said:

I have asked you two times to back up your statement . Twice you wish to avoid the question . OK , I am naive you are evasive . Why are you evasive is because you are naive . Good night 

Do I, or anyone else, really have to tell you?  Do your own research.

Thailand's welfare system is next to non-existent.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Leaver said:

Do I, or anyone else, really have to tell you?  Do your own research.

Thailand's welfare system is next to non-existent.  

Just answer the question I requested from you . I answered you the best I can . 

Income tax you asked , I am quite sure the majority of Thais do not pay income tax . 

Just now, Leaver said:

No, I never said it was to make them go away. Where would they go to?  They would still be homeless or begging.

It was to create the illusion, to people like yourself, that a serious effort is being made, when clearly it's no real  effort at all.  

Thailand is all about "appearance" or "image" not reality.  

I have seen reality in much richer nations than Thailand . I stick to my statement that the Thai people do need congratulating on the way they care for the people that have difficulties to fit into society .

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Leaver said:

No, I never said it was to make them go away. Where would they go to?  They would still be homeless or begging.

It was to create the illusion, to people like yourself, that a serious effort is being made, when clearly it's no real  effort at all.  

Thailand is all about "appearance" or "image" not reality.  

Thai government is one thing , Thai people is something else . Thai government is not representing the people in other words .

26 minutes ago, itsari said:

Thai government is one thing , Thai people is something else . Thai government is not representing the people in other words .

isn't it the job of the Thai government to take care of Thai citizens, and should they not, is that not a reflection of Thai society?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, newnative said:

Wow.  Totally nuts.  

In fact it was the security guard who explained it all to me whilst we were in the parking area. Then he asked the name of my companion and sang a song about her on the spot. Captured it on video. :)

Travel can really bring the colours out in one's life.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, itsari said:

Thailand rely on charities to avoid higher taxation . Sales tax here is 7 percent I believe . Sales tax seems not applicable for a majority of sales here in Thailand . 

7% ? You could have fooled me. Not for most things foreigners buy. Wine (foreigners tax) about 300% 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 9:28 PM, itsari said:

Just answer the question I requested from you . I answered you the best I can . 

Income tax you asked , I am quite sure the majority of Thais do not pay income tax . 

That is because they earn peanuts in the first place, I am sure they would love to pay tax, even 10,000 baht a month, as that would mean they earned very well too!

Anyway, it is well known that taxes are paid here via alcohol and the like instead.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 10:38 PM, hotchilli said:

They must be hidden away so as not to tarnish the image of Thailand.

love it ! as if Pattaya’s and Thailand’s image wasn’t tarnished already. My neighbours shun me since I started going to Pattaya... really ..They ignore me on the street or in the supermarket. Dirty man ! Not that I give a whatever .