Motorbike rider dies after hitting tree

rooster59

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1616817509_1-org.jpg

Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A 36-year-old man died in Phuket Town last night (Mar 26) after he overshot a curve and hit a tree without wearing a helmet, becoming the 23rd person to die in accidents on Phuket’s roads since the start of the year.

Phuket City Police were called to the scene, near the Phuket office of the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM-Phuket) on Damrong Rd, at about 10:15pm. 

Police together with Kusoldharm rescue workers and an ambulance from Vachira Phuket Hospital arrived to find the body of Narongchai Samat, 36, originally from Phang Nga, on the ground about 30 metres from the road.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/motorbike-rider-dies-after-hitting-tree-79483.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-03-27

2 hours ago, Paul Knight said:

How is the tree, standing there minding its own business being atree and along comes an idiot on a motor cycle and hits it, will it get counselling and any damage to the tree being monitored. BNugger the ridere...useless pratt. 

Another who thinks he is holier-than-thou. Useless prat.

A life has been needlessly lost through lack of road education or just bad judgement. It happens far too often in Thailand as we all know. R.I.P.

I'm glad that I will never be so unfortunate to meet someone with such disregard for life. 

• Like 2

On 3/27/2021 at 7:29 PM, rooster59 said:

A 36-year-old man died in Phuket Town last night (Mar 26) after he overshot a curve and hit a tree without wearing a helmet,

He won't do that again... but I bet someone else will soon.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, stevenl said:

I recall an average of about 1 dead every 2 days. So with 86 days gone, 23 dead so far seems like a big improvement.

that was when phuket was jam packed. personal just wonder that not more crash happen with all this pandas and grabs on the road.

There is ongoing discussion in this thread about causes and effects of Thailand's abysmal bike death toll :

Survey suggests deaths of motorcylists in Thailand largely due to poor decision making - Thailand News - Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa

Phuket is no worse, perhaps somewhat better, than most other Provinces in the motorbike death stakes even if It sometimes appears to be at the forefront of the problem. This is largely because of Thaivisa's partnership with The Phuket News whose indominable journalist,  Eakkapop Thongtub, seems to be at the scene of, and reporting about every local accident.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 11:20 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Another wasted life.

But just one of about 50 motorbike/scooter riders who die daily.

Only at a place like Phuket this makes a headline.

No doubt all practising for a job in the new Space Hub industry.