Pattaya: Mayor intends to raise hospital standards to international level for residents and tourists

rooster59

On 3/27/2021 at 9:48 PM, Petey11 said:

Exactly, sure I've heard it trumpeted before that Thai healthcare system is one of the best in the world, or is  just the cosmetic surgery healthcare industry?

It's the best place in the world for a penisectomy.

17 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Just more Hot Air from the Mayor.

All he really needs now mare a few Touroids to pay for all his wonderful schemes he  has in the pipeline for the City.

I read there are pipelines in the city but they are empty.

On 3/27/2021 at 2:00 PM, Nojohndoe said:

Which  Hospital/s ? I was  under the impression  Pattaya  had hospitals  who advocated  themselves as recognized options for  Medical Tourism pre pandemic   times?

They are not referring to the larger private hospitals.  They are referring to Pattaya City Hospital in the main, with some satellite facilities elsewhere.

A health center has already been set up in Koh Larn and plans for a kidney unit in Na Klua and another health center in Soi Wat Bunkanjanaram are underway. 

The mayor wants to raise standards and capabilities of all departments in line with developments at other health facilities. 

The plans also include the setting up of an external HIV treatment facility and one for tuberculosis too.

There so many other priorities for Pattaya for the Mayor to fix before starting on the hospitals. How about fixing all of the sidewalks, make them flat, without holes, and wide enough for to 2 people to walk side-by-side. Next, fix the street lights, even some of the high level beach lights haven't worked for years. Fix and clean-out the sewers so the streets don't flood in a rain. Plant 2,000 trees on the beach so people don't have to pay for shade. Add 100 new concrete benches to beach road walkway. Etc.etc. etc. Biggest issue for the Mayor to fix is CITY HALL and the employees that deal with the public!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Banana7 said:

There so many other priorities for Pattaya for the Mayor to fix before starting on the hospitals. How about fixing all of the sidewalks, make them flat, without holes, and wide enough for to 2 people to walk side-by-side. Next, fix the street lights, even some of the high level beach lights haven't worked for years. Fix and clean-out the sewers so the streets don't flood in a rain. Plant 2,000 trees on the beach so people don't have to pay for shade. Add 100 new concrete benches to beach road walkway. Etc.etc. etc. Biggest issue for the Mayor to fix is CITY HALL and the employees that deal with the public!!

The things you have suggested are a must but coming from you...who is going to take any notice.When it comes to things like sewer cleaning get the lads/lassies from prison to do that. Add to your list get the police force to actually enforce the Law and things will get better.

Now put that in writing (preferably Thai) and post it in a letter box or several letterboxes ....and who knows.

If you don't ask you don't get.

12 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

The things you have suggested are a must but coming from you...who is going to take any notice.

Perhaps they will take notice when the western tourists numbers decline, like they did, pre covid.  

Had to have a heart check-up last Friday ended up going to 3 hospitals Soi Buakhao City Hospital had an ECG done but "will need to see a cardiologist" and "we don't have one."  Then onto Memorial Hospital with ECG printout in hand (no cardiologist until Tuesday)then Finally Bangkok Pattaya Hospital...tests done and sorted thankfully.

What i would say is there is certainly no shortage of staff at any any of those hospitals...medical professionals maybe a different matter though at some.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Had to have a heart check-up last Friday ended up going to 3 hospitals Soi Buakhao City Hospital had an ECG done but "will need to see a cardiologist" and "we don't have one."  Then onto Memorial Hospital with ECG printout in hand (no cardiologist until Tuesday)then Finally Bangkok Pattaya Hospital...tests done and sorted thankfully.

What i would say is there is certainly no shortage of staff at any any of those hospitals...medical professionals maybe a different matter though at some.

I can only say thank heavens it was not urgent.... and if it had been, straight to the BHP would be the best idea. 

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

No, tourism was heading up pre Covid. Simply changing demographics. 

Yes, you are correct. 

The tourism numbers were up, on the back of mass package holiday tourism, mainly out of China. 

I would contest that whilst the numbers were up, the revenue from tourism was down, way down, and this was also the result of the changing demographics.  

13 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Yes, you are correct. 

The tourism numbers were up, on the back of mass package holiday tourism, mainly out of China. 

I would contest that whilst the numbers were up, the revenue from tourism was down, way down, and this was also the result of the changing demographics.  

I am unsure of that, they were more interested in bolstering the raw numbers landing, rather a simplistic approach.  Some people who adjusted to them likely made more money.... those who run the Walking St establishments didn't seem to have picked the right demographic.

29 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I am unsure of that, they were more interested in bolstering the raw numbers landing, rather a simplistic approach.  Some people who adjusted to them likely made more money.... those who run the Walking St establishments didn't seem to have picked the right demographic.

Not to forget, all the Thai companies set up by Chinese, further enhancing the zero baht tourism this demographic created.   

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I can only say thank heavens it was not urgent.... and if it had been, straight to the BHP would be the best idea. 

Agreed...but the Doctor i saw 1st in a small clinic in Noen plubwan suggested Soi Buakhao as my 1st port of call.