Decent Frankfurts? Any reccomendations?

Kenny202

Tried a few here including a Buchers varieties, which are not bad but not that great, particularly for the price. After a nice flavor, smokey maybe....something cooks firm. Thicker ones best. I have access to Tops, Makro, Tesco and Big C where I live up country. I've seen some of the German white ones look interesting, never tried. I am up country. Most of the ones I have tried here pretty bland and usually cook pretty mushy, lot of liquid comes out of them. Appreciate any recommendations

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I hate to think which part of the pig goes into these sausages called Hot Dogs.

I don't really want Hot dogs as such, prefer a nice bratwurst or German type thing.

The Dukes sells quality dogs by the box for takeaway..imported from the us....might be quite a bit better deal than rimping.....not sure how hot dog imports have been affected by our favorite virus.

I just checked my local kroger in Wyoming..3.49 for Hebrew National..close to a pound..beef dogs.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I don't really want Hot dogs as such, prefer a nice bratwurst or German type thing.

Sorry, your title said FRANKFURTERS, which ARE Hot Dog sausages. Bratwurst, mettwurst and most other wursts are made with 'real' pork.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Pretty decent price too. Do you know if they are available in Makro or Tesco?

Price is OK, until you add the shipping charges, so unless you buy a lot of them, they are expensive. eg 3 x Bratwurst Bht 160 + Bht 260 for shipping.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MaxUhu said:

BMS has quite good ones and they ship allover Thailand... 

https://www.bms-food-shop.com/

Looks interesting. How do they ship in respect of cooling? 

If I look at the Weisswurst for instance it should be kept at 0-4 ° C and even kept frozen. 

Storage conditions:

* Store refrigerated at 0-4 ° C, (Keep frozen possible) 

* unopened packaging can be kept for at least 30 days 

* Consume within 3 days after opening the packaging

On 3/28/2021 at 7:56 AM, KannikaP said:

I hate to think which part of the pig goes into these sausages called Hot Dogs.

Don't be afraid of pork meat in most of the "sausages" found at the supermarkets.

Just last week I studied the labels at MAKRO and many have less than 50% pork.

Chicken, chicken, chicken...

Bought some BM(?) stuff with 80%.

For the dogs ????

A friend in Jomtien swears on "Otto" (Bangkok) frankfurters.

Pretty expensive and no way to find it upcountry.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Better than most of the CP (Seven) c..p:

Bücher (BUCHER) Frankfurters at MAKRO.

I thinks it's a 1 kilo package.

Will check today.

I don't say it matches what you get in Europe.

But "OK".

Tastewise the other Bücher sausages (500 gr pack) are OK.

(I don't think about the parts used :>)

Edited by KhunBENQ

Just checked:

Frankfurter from Buecher (MAKRO) is only 50% pork. Not great.

The small Buecher sausages are 73.3%.

And surprisingly small Frankfurter like sausages from BMP (Bangkok Meat Product) are 80% pork. Haven't tried them myself.

All sausages have about 15% added water.

Carve It Up butcher on FB has a really good bratwurst.

Sloane's does one as well, I just bought some last week but haven't cooked to compare yet. You can order Sloane's and Accidental Butcher direct, or they are also carried through Paleo Robbie. (Paleo Robbie also carries Serial Pickler so you can order some sauerkraut and have a one-stop shop.)

All of the above companies ship frozen nationwide via Inter Express refrigerated trucks, for around 300thb.

I got these today from Tops. 117 baht for 3 big Bratwurst. I haven't tried them yet but look the goods. Not too bad a price I guess with pork at 150 baht a kilo. Check back when we've tried them ????

BTW has anyone noticed Lea and Perrins Worster sauce has disappeared off the shelves everywhere? People selling bottles on Lazada 490 baht lol

IMG20210330191515.jpg

IMG20210330191519.jpg

I can recommend The Kitchen in Bang Saray.

All sausages are made from old recipes and best quality ingredients.

The Kitchen Special is similar to what you would put in a French-hotdog or normal hotdog.

Wiener sausage is the same as red sausage, but without the coloring.

Olma Bratwurst (my favorite).

Super Borge (what we call a Frankfurter in Denmark) 150-160g each. 

200thb for cooler box, dry ice and delivery, or free delivery by ordering 10 items.

https://www.the-kitchen-bang-saray.com/e-shop/

On 3/30/2021 at 7:19 PM, Kenny202 said:

I got these today from Tops. 117 baht for 3 big Bratwurst. I haven't tried them yet but look the goods. Not too bad a price I guess with pork at 150 baht a kilo. Check back when we've tried them ????

BTW has anyone noticed Lea and Perrins Worster sauce has disappeared off the shelves everywhere? People selling bottles on Lazada 490 baht lol

IMG20210330191515.jpg

IMG20210330191519.jpg

Tried these today and happy to report very very nice. Not really a Frankfurt as such but the texture of a hotdog and taste of a really nice peppery pork sausage. Very nice indeed and skin cooked up nice and crispy. Also tried a packet of Bucher today I hadn't tried before from Makro. About 6 or 8 normal size frankfurts in the pack, 120 baht. Not 100% sure of the name (Pack all in Thai) but I think they were Raucherwurst. You will know anyway as all the other products about 180 baht plus. They were a very nice flavored firm smokey frank. Will be buying them again for sure. Funny, the Bucher website only seems to have Thai and Chinese, which seems odd as they are selling basically a European product