When will this forum be back to normal again?

balo

Or is this the new normal ? 

I am aware of the crash and change of server and that it will take some time.
Will the design look better than this on a WIndows PC ?  Just asking. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

To the OP. It looks fine, better than previously, on a Windows (10) PC.   Dunno about W7!

Not on my Windows10 - font is much too light and 90% open space - quotes do not include quoted material so meaning change - attaching photo hit or miss and sometimes appears OK in posting area but not there on actual post.  Alert notice at bottom of page unreadable and does not like to leave.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Not on my Windows10 - font is much too light and 90% open space - quotes do not include quoted material so meaning change - attaching photo hit or miss and sometimes appears OK in posting area but not there on actual post.  Alert notice at bottom of page unreadable and does not like to leave.

Agree about too much open space. But the rest of it is good for me..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You no mirrors in your home????????????????????????????

Had a sense of humour failure? Never met a Prestonian with a sense of humour. Going back to UK shortly for birth of my first grandchild. Daughter and son in law both working at RPH currently so I'll probably call into the Market Tavern for a beer huddled up next to the fire. I'll have one for you both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Me sense of humour, of course i have got 1, fact it is a twisted sense... Well thats another matter.????????????????

Is that a recent development or can we assume it has always been the case?.....................................

• Haha 1

After a week of eye aches from the extreme white light background have switched Windows10 personalization setting to high contrast 1 (black background) and that seems to help readability of forum greatly (yellow text).   This changes all apps but seems to be worth it.   Yes - I am a slow learner.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Old AIO Lazada with 21" screen - did not have issues prior to last forum software restore but since then huge white area on screen just too much light and the font is thinner then before - and the pop-ups are so black as to be unreadable without close check.  I do have distance IOL and not using computer glasses so more issues than many would have.   So far this yellow text/black background looks good and is easy to read.  Now just have to get used to the different looks.   

Your right about the font being thinner. I noticed that too. I can't really read stuff if i dont use my glasses so I dont even try.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

After a week of eye aches from the extreme white light background have switched Windows10 personalization setting to high contrast 1 (black background) and that seems to help readability of forum greatly (yellow text). 

Interesting, I will try to change some settings, can't get any worse. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, balo said:

Interesting, I will try to change some settings, can't get any worse. 

To be honest i like this more then the previous layout. But I think it gets more and more optimized for computers with bigger screens. Higher resolutions. I did notice the fond being smaller but it still quite sharp. But its all in the computer settings and monitor size. But its annoying if its just one website that stands out then you have to change things all the time. For me its good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MisterTee said:

Where's my avatar pboto, dude?

You need to "re" upload it.
It seems there's an issue with the software not being able to see where the image files are kept, which is probably why so many emoticon images don't work either.

The read post muting the highlighted text is working either when you go back to a forum all are highlighted when before the highlighting was muted after you had read it. Its a bit  frustrating to say the least along with the many of other not broken fixes that are make the whole site far less worth while .

14 hours ago, Randell said:

The read post muting the highlighted text is working either when you go back to a forum all are highlighted when before the highlighting was muted after you had read it. Its a bit  frustrating to say the least along with the many of other not broken fixes that are make the whole site far less worth while .

Please see if the information in this topic will help you:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Does TVF have the same programer that Thai Immigration uses 

for the TM 30 ,90 days reporting website, as they are both taking

forever to correct the problems,????

regards Worgeordie

As TVF is commercial software suspect years of mods are a factor in recovery attempts.  Or the battery is dead.  ????

image.jpeg.ac04586c3641f8f9ec251c8362eaedfe.jpeg

Edited by lopburi3

On 3/28/2021 at 3:51 AM, lopburi3 said:

Like most forums now, it's optimized for mobile phones, not PCs. Google heavily penalises sites that aren't optimized for mobile.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 2:05 PM, nkg said:

Google heavily penalises sites that aren't optimized for mobile.

So that's the reason!   Google again, they think they own the world , and they probably do.   
I still enjoy my PC with  Windows 8.1.  I need a big screen to read news and forums. 

Younger generations don't care about PC's.