Thailand aims to become Asia-Pacifc hub for the space industry

rooster59

On 3/30/2021 at 8:29 PM, Danderman123 said:

Operating a satellite ground station does not make Thailand a hub for space services.

You would have to show me in the text where it said Thailand was a "Hub", as far as I can see the text talked about creating a hub which is work in progress.

But then distorted negativity is par for the course.

Sweden with GISTDA as Strategic Partner aim for Thailand to become an Asian Hub for sattelites is the reason why SSC Space Thailand has been created, in order to collaborate with related companies and co-creating leading Space/Sattelite industry in Thailand and ASEAN region in the future.

https://scandasia.com/sweden-invested-in-a-joint-satellite-station-in-thailand/

On 3/28/2021 at 6:58 AM, rooster59 said:

However, the plans were met with fierce criticism from the Thai public who said the government should be focussing its efforts on pressing matters, such as the economic recovery post COVID-19.

Obviously not BIG dreamers. The economy, covid, no future in that. Launching spacecraft and satellites, perhaps from submarines, there's a dream worth having.

On 3/28/2021 at 10:46 AM, Nobbie49 said:

Not really, my wife’s car was rear ended by Somchai last week.  No prizes for guessing what his excuse was

When i was rear ended the Guy said .. why you stop so quick ,  the problem was the police  agreed with him  that i was in the wrong for stopping too quick 

• Sad 1

Well nothing surprises me about the pipe dreams coming out of this failing government. However after saying that perhaps given their low intellectual ability they, the government, discovered whilst watching Youtube, perhaps during a parliamentary session, some episodes of "Thunderbirds" and believed it to be true and hence this latest proclamation of "Thais in space are go".  But come to think of it do you not think that there is a resemblance between the PM and that villain "Hood" ?

3 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Hub of disgruntled bitter old foreigners who love to complain. 

Don't be ridiculous. I have been residing here 16 years and the amount of hubs, these people state that Thailand is going to be are beyound ridiculous.

Imagine a guy telling you over and over, that he is going to be the hub for everthing constantly, non-stop for years. Any normal person would tell him to shut the hell up as it is getting old.

Same applies here. It's not like they do eventually become the hub of anything!

On an aside ................... I am not old. ????

46 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Don't be ridiculous. I have been residing here 16 years and the amount of hubs, these people state that Thailand is going to be are beyound ridiculous.

Imagine a guy telling you over and over, that he is going to be the hub for everthing constantly, non-stop for years. Any normal person would tell him to shut the hell up as it is getting old.

Same applies here. It's not like they do eventually become the hub of anything!

On an aside ................... I am not old. ????

Well I have lived here more than twice as long as you and whilst I generally agree with your statement I must point out that you are incorrect in one major area and that is Thailand has become a hub of corruption. Having worked in Nigeria and othe banana states let me assure you that the Thais must have worked bloody hard to get above them in the corruption league. Unfortunately only a few thousand benefit, the other poor souls still have to survive with many hardships. However if those few thousand could all be taken by Elon Musk to Mars then that would be cause for celebration of a successful, one way space mission.

• Thanks 1

Thailand in space business they can't run a newspaper much less a space based business. Idon't think mulling, flocking or eyeing will get off the ground much less into space. There better off butting out unless the plan is strapping a rocket to PM <deleted>.and sending him up as test pilot is in the works.

On 3/28/2021 at 10:19 AM, rabas said:

On its 1025th hub announcement, Thailand officially became the world's first hub hub.

Alien:  "Where are your hubs?"

Earthling: "Thailand."

Hub all Hub all , toil and troublem have they solved how to use the bumgun in space , we need to know,In meantime elastic bands supplied to Thai a knot in it.