STV Extension + 90 Day Requirements?

I've read threads about STV and the like, spent a long time researching it, but there's still a few things which are really confusing to me. 

• TM47 / TM30: None of the official pages about STV or its extension mentioned anything about needing something specific as far as TM47 or TM30 but everone on here seems to say you need it, is that true?
    • If so... what exactly do you need to do? Do you just ask your landlord / hotel to fill it out for you and give it to you, so you can bring it to immigration?
    • Does it matter when the TM30 gets filled out, relative to when you get your extension? And/or does it matter what your rental period was at the place that'd doing the TM30 for you was at the time?
  • Do you still need coverage for the health insurance and/or the special COVID insurance you had to get when you applied for STV originally? Or does this vary by immigration office?
  • Do you need to show them a booking of where you'll be staying for the entire 90 days after your extension? Or does this vary by immigration office?
  • Is there a limit to how early you can fill out your extension and "extra 90 day" paperwork?
    • Will you lose days by filling them out early?
  • Among BKK, Pattaya and Chiang Mai immigration offices, is there a particular immigration office that has a reputation for being "less BS" than the others, no random extra requirements that aren't nationally required etc?

A recent STV experience reported ...

"I was in Nonthaburi to extend my STV visa. Here's what the officer asked

1. Copy of passport

2. Copy of TM6

3. Copy of STV visa page on your passport

4. TM7, use the last updated one or get it from Immigration Office. With a photo affixed.

5. STM 2. Declaration that you're aware about overstay and the penalties.
6. ASQ certificate letter stating that you've completed 14 days quarantine.

7. Some kind of proof that you indeed stayed at the ASQ, i produced my ASQ hotel receipt ( room charges )
8. Health Insurance showing coverage amount, line by line items in details of IP, OP, Covid coverage amount.
9. Rental. To state clearly rental period when to when, at where, 4 signatures either passport or Thai ID at the end of agreement ( the usual standard contract ). If the rental's address is in Bangkok, you can only extend visa in Bangkok. Rental period should cover at least 3 months more.

And sign at every page."

Also...in Bangkok at CW...

immigration denied STV extension as the insurance was not covering the time in Thailand...the expat asked AXA to provide extension of the three month policy .. But immigration denied it. 

Do yourself a huge favor...buy 9 months of the insurance for the STV visa. 

• Haha 1

8. Health insurance - does it needs to be another 3-months Covid19 (USD100k) insurance, or is it "expat" 40/400k insurance (this one is minimum 6 months right?)

Are there any IO's which doesn't require insurance for STV extension? It's coming up as very costly 90-days extension, if insurance needs to be purchased... (unlike for extensions of other tourist visas)

Anybody did it in Phuket?

Edited by sallecc

Just got my 90 extension from Koh Samui immigration.  The office was very busy but the staff efficient and helpful, even correcting the forms I'd filled in slightly wrong.

I needed:

1. completed TM7 which I picked up and completed  there, including having the photo taken (100 baht). ( + a very brief declaration form which was attached)

2. Photo copy of passport/Visa

3. TM6

4. insurance certificate (i had an AXA extension courtesy of Robert Jackson who I recommend to anyone doing the same)

5. Deeds to my condo.

6. 1900 baht

After the application was accepted I had to wait an hour before collecting my passport due to volumes.

Edited by boneht

On 3/28/2021 at 1:48 PM, ascendant said:

TM47 / TM30: None of the official pages about STV or its extension mentioned anything about needing something specific as far as TM47 or TM30 but everone on here seems to say you need it, is that true?

• If so... what exactly do you need to do? Do you just ask your landlord / hotel to fill it out for you and give it to you, so you can bring it to immigration?
  • Does it matter when the TM30 gets filled out, relative to when you get your extension? And/or does it matter what your rental period was at the place that'd doing the TM30 for you was at the time?

A TM30 should have been filed within 24 hours of you reaching whatever residence you are staying at.

TM47 is for submitting 90 day reports which you will never do on an STV.

A completed TM7 is required to apply for the 90 day extension.

Do you still need coverage for the health insurance and/or the special COVID insurance you had to get when you applied for STV originally? Or does this vary by immigration office?

You'll need to provide proof of the 400/40K Health Insurance sufficient to cover the period of the 90 day extension period. (Covid Ins not required).

Do you need to show them a booking of where you'll be staying for the entire 90 days after your extension? Or does this vary by immigration office?

Yes. Proof of Condo ownership, or hotel/house rental with payment receipts.

Is there a limit to how early you can fill out your extension and "extra 90 day" paperwork?

• Will you lose days by filling them out early?

30 days prior to the date of expiry of your current permission of stay is standard.

No you will not lose days by applying early. Your 90 day extension should be dated from the expiry of your current permission of stay.

Among BKK, Pattaya and Chiang Mai immigration offices, is there a particular immigration office that has a reputation for being "less BS" than the others, no random extra requirements that aren't nationally required etc?

Pass.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 7:02 PM, boneht said:

Just got my 90 extension from Koh Samui immigration.  The office was very busy but the staff efficient and helpful, even correcting the forms I'd filled in slightly wrong.

I needed:

1. completed TM7 which I picked up and completed  there, including having the photo taken (100 baht). ( + a very brief declaration form which was attached)

2. Photo copy of passport/Visa

3. TM6

4. insurance certificate (i had an AXA extension courtesy of Robert Jackson who I recommend to anyone doing the same)

5. Deeds to my condo.

6. 1900 baht

After the application was accepted I had to wait an hour before collecting my passport due to volumes.

What will you do for your final three months extension? 

As the AXA Thailand policy cannot be extended again. It can be extended only one time for three months. Cannot extend it further than total of 6 months.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, trower said:

What is the earliest I can apply for an extension to my STV? Is it 30 days before the expiry date, or is it 45 days, does anyone know?

A visa cannot be extended. You can apply for a 90 day extension of your current permit to stay (it is not a visa).

I would say about 2 weeks early to apply for it at most offices.

Thank you for the clarification. My Thai friend and I went to the main Immigration Bureau in BKK last week and we remember the immigration officer saying I could apply as early at 45 days before the expiry date. I thought this might be useful information for others who want to get the process  started as early as possible. But he also said I would need a TM30 receipt from my quarantine hotel in order to get the extension

• 9 months later...

Just a sharing, I have just successfully extended my STV (Today). I came into Thailand on late Jan. Initially my valid stay is until late April. Now, my valid stay is until late July. I applied it about 40 days before the expiration. So, it is confirmed that for STV, you can renew 45 days before the expiration. And the new 90 days will be counting starting from the previous expiration date. 

Documents needed:-
 1. TM7 Form (with Photo 4x6 cm)
 2. Passport front page (Copy)
 3. Tm6 (Copy)
 4. Visa Page (Copy)
 5. Last stamp Page (Copy)
 6. Tm30 (Copy)
 7. Insurance (Copy)
 8. House leasing contract (Copy)
 9. STM2 Form
 10. Acknowledgement Form

*Sign ALL the documents copy