Phuket lockdown situation

Russel

8 hours ago, zzzzz said:

what you say Might be true, BUT one can not get around Rawai walking,  you need transport 

and as far as i recall
there are no beach side restaurants, ( yes there sea view seafood  restaurants that are very overpriced) clubs or various sea view accommodations, ( priced from 700 -10,000 baht/night).

BUT Please by all means stay in Rawai, those living in Kamala love it without tourists  ????

well said.

if someone feels a certain area is the best place to recommend they should say it....wether they live there or not. Their recommendation can be judged based on facts.

It is a fact that for most people on HOLIDAY in Phuket, there are few if any, reasons to stay outside the west coast beach towns, unless they like the hassle of taking taxis and renting cars to get everywhere.

Now with the covid, it is also a fact that Kamala is really the best choice for most because it is still mostly open and everything is walkable on/near the beach.

hope that helps to settle it. ???? 

On 4/6/2021 at 11:40 PM, KarenBravo said:

.........or, even the ten lane highway that bisects the town and is fondly known as "the race-track" ????.

You should get out more and try crossing highway 4024 autobahn that runs the length of Rawai.

Never-mind the multiple other dangerous busy roads down there. Rawai roads are risky enough locals, but downright hellish for tourists who unfortunately usually need rental cars/bikes to get around. ????

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ChasingTheSun said:

or visit Rawai and get infected with the Bitteroldman virus, which is apparently at pandemic levels down there?

????

So after having pointed out a covid-19 spreading event in Kamala you resort to insults.

Edited by stevenl

On 4/6/2021 at 7:56 PM, KarenBravo said:

Nah.........Rawai and Nai Harn much better than Kamala ????

No overbuilt, ugly head-lands, or noisy beach-clubs.

Uhm... when is the last time you actually went to Naiharn beach? If you went there within the last 30 years you would have noticed that there is also a giant older hotel on the northern headland which you would likely refer to as “ugly” as well.

That being said, the Op should know that Naiharn is still a beautiful  beach like Kamala Beach, but Naiharn beach is relatively small and lacks the amenities that most tourists desire.

In addition, you may want to mention to the OP that Rawai is a fairly large & sprawling suburbia as compared to compact Kamala, and access to the only good beach  in Rawai would normally and unfortunately/inconveniently require a car/taxi  ????

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

So I made it to both Rawai and Kamala. I have to say Rawai was much better. 

Unfortuately the bar closure did not help! But I found Rawai to have better food, better beach (Nai Harn) more choices, more people where as Kamala seemed quite dead apart from a couple of beach side restaurants.  I could imagine Kamala being much better pre covid. 

Thanks for the advice on both locations. 

Oh dear........now you've done it!

Hope it wasn't my comment on the 10 lane highway that runs through Kamala, that influenced your comments.

I was exaggerating..............it's only six lanes.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

So I made it to both Rawai and Kamala. I have to say Rawai was much better. 

Unfortuately the bar closure did not help! But I found Rawai to have better food, better beach (Nai Harn) more choices, more people where as Kamala seemed quite dead apart from a couple of beach side restaurants.  I could imagine Kamala being much better pre covid. 

Thanks for the advice on both locations. 

Yup, you are right. Kamala is indeed “much better” for most tourists most of the time.

Yes, Rawai would have more people, as it it is a much larger inland suburbia area with fewer tourists.

Why did you think the food was better in Rawai?

i have no dog in this fight but how would he know Rawaii had better food in such a short stay?
did he eat at every establishment in both places?

Anyway, thank god everyone does not like the same place

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Ok I will bite. The member clearly stated "Rawai" was much better.  And I would agree with that.

He was throwing the Kamala supporters a bone. "I could imagine Kamala being much better pre covid. "

You just could not let it go .... sad

Lol!! Nice try Lik. ????

Thats was rather sad of you to try to throw a lifeline and answer a question that was posed directly to another member. 

Indeed you have also now brought your own reading comprehension skills into question with your odd  summations. You may want to cool down and re-read the posts above and give it a rethink..

For the sake of all the members, please try to let members answer a direct question on their own before barging in like a bull in a china shop next time.

Besides, don't you think KB

is capable of a reasonable response?

Edited by ChasingTheSun
  • Sad 2

Some posts using trolling images have been removed.  

As another member has pointed out, this is a public forum and members are allowed to express their opinions, however, lets keep the insults out of the discussion.  If the insults continue, posts will be removed and warnings could be issued. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

This is a public forum and we can respond to any post we feel we would like to as having an opinion is our choice. If you want to only have the discussion with the person your responding to do it in a PM. Until then prepare to have all your posts commented on by any member who may wish to.  Enjoy.

I owe you a PBR TR ????

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Me too, i have my Hot Pockets.. can lock me down enjoy.... ????

Ham and cheese, Philly cheese steak, Three cheese, or Pepperoni Hot Pockets.?  I have some beer be over soon.....lol

21 minutes ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

I don't want to get involved in the local Phuket boundry wars. These were just my opinion from what I experienced. I ate in 3 places in Kamala and all were very poor. I ate in 2 very good places and one okay place in Rawai. The places in Kamala could have been down to my poor choice of establishment. 

I have no reason to be biased. I'm sure there are great places to eat there. I'll leave it at that for this debate. 

thanks for the feedback.

Sounds like you had a great time overall and thats all that matters.

for whatever reason, there are indeed a few folks on the forum who get very hot and bothered in regards to their place of residence, but they usually mean well.

Yes it can often be a roll of the dice in regards to restaurants anywhere. 

let us know the next time you are in Kamala/phuket and we can provide some local knowledge in regards to some of the better restaurants.

????

Edited by ChasingTheSun
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, zzzzz said:

i have no dog in this fight but how would he know Rawaii had better food in such a short stay?
did he eat at every establishment in both places?

Anyway, thank god everyone does not like the same place

Maybe, just maybe, because that was his experience?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Nobody has mentioned Yanui Beach a great little place, in Tambon Rawai

ya-nui-beach-phuket-e1561998743408-1200x630.jpg

Swimsuit optional beach is what it was back in 2010. There was also a little restaurant and bar at the driveway entrance.