Government Targets 30 Million Vaccinations by August

webfact

37 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

If they were all J&J vaccines that require only 1 jab that would make sense. Also a lot of Thai people that I have talked to don't want any vaccines. Just maybe there has been too much talk about what can go wrong after they get the vaccine.

I've also had that feedback from a couple of Thai's worrying about the side effects. The press here has made too much of it.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Multiply by 2 jabs ...... serum for approx. 160,400,000 jabs needed.

The AZ vaccine is currently not recommended for use in people under the age of 18, so that number can be reduced by about 20%, but your basic point remains valid - their plans seem to greatly underestimate the number of doses that will be needed.

The mathematics above simply do not gel and are not fully explained. That is 29,900,000 jabs in 4 months (by August). So far 100,000 have been given. That means 250k jabs every day from April 1st ...... until end July, excluding the booster jab ... so double the figure.... rough rough.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Know not me said:

In one single day the U.S

vaccinated 1 million people

In the U.S., more Americans have received at least one dose than have tested positive for the virus since the pandemic began. So far, 143 million doses have been given. In the last week, an average of 2.71 million doses per day were administered.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Know not me said:

In one single day the U.S

vaccinated 1 million people

US pop is 328 million. Approx 90 million  have had at least one dose, with 49 million fully dosed.

If pop was fully vaccinated   and they could manage 1 million doses a day, then 190 days to get to everyone for a 1st doe. And then there would be the  280 million who would need a 2nd dose. even if only 80% was dosed,  it would take 368 days to get 2 doses to 80% of the population.  And then there is the issue of a booster for the variants and the flu vaccines.    maybe next year, people will be fully protected in USA.

If I apply best case scenario to Thailand,  country cannot be 80% vaccinated for at least a year.  I think implication for tourism is no visitors until 2022

• Like 1

Thay mentioned 4000 providers, that is 62 a day to get 250,000 injections. Some of the newly released vaccines only need one shot, like the J&J and the SinoVac so that makes it easier. The newer ones also do not need cryogenic storage, which also makes it much easier for both transportation and waste.

I am looking forward to getting whatever becomes available. I am waiting to hear the rules and fees for the falangs as well.

Edited by cjinchiangrai

2 hours ago, newnative said:

Yesterday they said they had 'acquired' 73 million doses.  Now, today, the figure is changed to 30 million doses, only enough for 15 million people.  We seem to be moving backwards in slow motion.  Meanwhile, almost April and only a tiny number of people vaccinated.  

Good summation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am impressed by the constantly shifting numbers.  Is it possible that they are overlooking the possibility that many people don’t want or will not sign up to have a jab?  There was a survey on TVF a couple of days ago that said 40% will not avail themselves of a vaccine and another 20% were unsure.  If this is the flow of sentiment, the government will never get near their targets and will have a problem of a completely different nature.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Petey11 said:

30million,vtreble that and your getting somewhere close to what's needed.

correct i hope that 30 million is openly availible with no side effects i heard the western world  aka farang can buy the jab for 2000 bhart is this true if so where