Pattaya: Drugs sting leads to arrest of Nigerian and Thai girlfriend dealing in cocaine

webfact

58 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Been on this TV site probably for 3-4 years now - still waiting for that positive Nigerian story.

You don’t say?! Maybe you should read the one about the Nigerian boy who broke the Guinness World Record by doing 111 soccer ball touches on his head in one minute that was posted here back in January! 

Also, how come no one ever says anything about the Thais that are ALWAYS in league with them? 

Edited by pacovl46
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The girlfriend claimed she had only known the suspect for 2 to 3 months and that normally she was a call center employee in Bangkok

Gave up a safe job for the high life... didn't last long.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Been on this TV site probably for 3-4 years now - still waiting for that positive Nigerian story.

You might be waiting awhile.

Although I am a Nigerian Prince who would like to send you a gift, if only you can send me $10K to cover the expenses!

• Haha 1

On 3/28/2021 at 7:11 PM, webfact said:

He arrived in a Toyota Altis, black with Bangkok plates, with his Thai girlfriend Nanthana Chiawphanich, 25. 

Was there a reason the declare the color of the car, or was this an offhand comment about him African?

He arrived in a Toyota Altis, black with Bangkok plates, with his Thai girlfriend Nanthana Chiawphanich, 25. 

Good that Chinese have no specific colour. They are mentioned almost every day in some illegal activities.

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Since this story about a boy in Nigeria and not Thailand, it really does not count about positive stories of Nigerians in Thailand But hats off to the kid anyway

The OP said literally “Been on this TV site now literally for 3-4 years!”

TV site refers to the Thai visa forum website. The story about the Nigerian boy was published on thai visa forum, therefore it does very much count! 

These people always have some degree of protection but it seems to pass them by that those giving protection don't have 'blanket' protection to give. So you might give to local police but they aren't the only game in town, and it's not just the police. The army can step in too.

This ends up with people in this 'industry' having a level of confidence in not getting caught that is unwarranted on the basis that certain entities are being paid off. 

Interestingly, there's never any mention of those 'protectors' being nabbed along with these guys.

I know Marc personally, he's not a terrible person. He's from a poor country, I get why they do what they do - but it was an inevitability that it would end this way. 

I've seen it back home too - people go this route - even get to the point of building wealth - till it all gets taken away, along with their freedom.

Edited by pedro01
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, pedro01 said:
On 3/31/2021 at 4:13 PM, tifino said:

who's to know if it wasn't really a case of;

- 'a Thai and her Nigerian boyfriend!!

Errr... me....

well the newspaper report did the usual blame game thing,  focussing upon the Nigerian, and Not the Thai as the main perp in all this... 

13 hours ago, tifino said:

well the newspaper report did the usual blame game thing,  focussing upon the Nigerian, and Not the Thai as the main perp in all this... 

My guess is they were right.