Are motorcycles getting uglier? (BKK Motor show 2021)

alx123

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Thats almost 6 milj baht , i can think of a few bikes that i can buy for that amount of money . Look at the new off road harley . And a kawasaki ninja Hr2 and then some . Just saying . And maybe a new honda goldwing then still have some money left for mongering . So that's 4 different riding experiences for the same amount of money ????????

On 3/29/2021 at 9:44 PM, Damrongsak said:

I find many bikes/cars/trucks downright ugly these days.  Many trucks have grilles that look like a largemouth Bass.

Amazon.com: Rogue River Tactical Large 8" Bass Fish Sticker Decal Fishing  Bumper Sticker Large Mouth Auto Decal Car Truck Boat RV Rod Tackle Box:  Automotive

Yes, quite. The new Honda City and Civic cars look ugly to me too. I prefer the Honda Civic design from 10-12 years ago with had smoother curves.

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah a good bike I had Versys 650 2011 went all over Thailand with it in straight lines but some of the time we still went a lot of out of the way places you can't go in a car. 

I say in Thailand when your on the road with a bike your dancing with the Devil so I got what I was use to something lighter and more powerful. 

Yes I would prefer a lighter yet more powerful bike. I did only 7K with it. Want to change but they don't go well on the second hand market. Had medical problems and when my kids went to university I stopped riding it for safety reasons, somebody had to pay the school ???? 

3 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Yes I would prefer a lighter yet more powerful bike. I did only 7K with it. Want to change but they don't go well on the second hand market. Had medical problems and when my kids went to university I stopped riding it for safety reasons, somebody had to pay the school ???? 

Well a lot of other bike makes came out at that time and bike prices seemed not to be so good at keeping there price as I remember. 

Sorry to hear of your problem.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what model this Honda. Is? I’ve not seen This type of frame... 

if if I had my choice I’d get another HD and/or BMW R series ...

a couple of my HD. Son has a few older 80s BMW R Series 50 and 75 I think I love riding them..  New BMW is sweet...

A257DEA7-F429-4801-BD01-5DE60853BB3F.jpeg

CF64E357-BB26-4755-8C64-D7BA7755B766.jpeg

DE680BB5-433C-4CA2-8C64-B78B04AD96E6.jpeg

31 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

a couple of my HD. Son has a few older 80s BMW R Series 50 and 75 I think I love riding them..  New BMW is sweet...

Its a Honda Rebel... (500cc I think) - slightly modified. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well a lot of other bike makes came out at that time and bike prices seemed not to be so good at keeping there price as I remember. 

Sorry to hear of your problem.

Doing quite well physically, thank you. I had many people wanting to buy at a good price but none of them had cash and finance companies don't give loans for second hand big bikes.

6 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Doing quite well physically, thank you. I had many people wanting to buy at a good price but none of them had cash and finance companies don't give loans for second hand big bikes.

Had some buyers like that friend of friend so to speak we kept green book until they paid up. 

The Mrs was the yes / no whether to do it with the people who wanted to buy. 

Keep doing the press ups. ????

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BumGun said:

On old Ariel-X3.jpg

Ariel Arrow. Wasn't that the genesis of ugly?

Even the SS was...well...

OK bike for the time but no looker.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, DJ54 said:

CF64E357-BB26-4755-8C64-D7BA7755B766.jpeg

DE680BB5-433C-4CA2-8C64-B78B04AD96E6.jpeg

I use to luv working on a boxer engine. ????

I don't think they are getting uglier, the choice is huge, well okay we can't get all of them here in LOS but still not bad.

Almost all of the bigger brands offer some kind of retro looking model(s) and they also make bikes looking as some kind of space insect too, so something for every taste.

Hmm Royal Endfield one of the biggest brands only makes retro looking models I think & Triumph have huge success with their Twin engine model range so many prefer a retro bike but not all. 

I would never buy a vintage bike, times have moved on and I like ABS, traction control & different ride modes by the flick of a switch.

My 2002 S4 Monster, told everyone I caught bird flu in Thailand in 2005. Came home with a bad case of Duc fever, cured it with this.

Prefer the old style trellis frame and early headlight design. The newer headlights just look odd to me.

Like the new Scramblers by Ducati, wouldn't turn down an Ariel Square Four if offered.

Ducati 1 small.JPG

• Haha 1