Seeking help with download.

Andy from Kent

Greetings all,

I bought a  small USB microscope  recently.     I thought I was careful and chose one that did not have any disc  i'd have to use.       I don't know what happened but I now have this microscope that seems pretty good but I can't find any thing  I can download for my MacBook Air to download to make it work.

Anyone have any suggestions based on the attached images?

The microscope was only 300 Baht  so if nothing is available to download for a mac,   I won't jump off the balcony.     I would however  in the event nothing is suggested for a download like suggestions and links to a USB microscope that works  with a Mac.

Thank you:

1326846472_microscope1.thumb.jpeg.a1d0a5a45d1cd1f3115f1e65e6bf1aee.jpeg

1803844764_microscope2.thumb.jpeg.e892eceb0909f0d5e48c636335f3f36f.jpeg

1036812026_microscope3.thumb.jpeg.12442ac891580f083438b19c2a7621dd.jpeg

1341512786_microscope4.thumb.jpeg.e241794e7c4d86c999930e534d8a8c61.jpeg

Edited by Andy from Kent

as with most Windows-only hardware I'd suggest installing windows into a virtual machine such as Virtualbox or Vmware Player and forwarding the USB port to the virtual machine.

Also you have some embedded virtual machine called Bootcamp but I'm not sure if it's free for use.

1 hour ago, fdsa said:

as with most Windows-only hardware I'd suggest installing windows into a virtual machine such as Virtualbox or Vmware Player and forwarding the USB port to the virtual machine.

Also you have some embedded virtual machine called Bootcamp but I'm not sure if it's free for use.

It is not windows only hardware. Look at the compatible OS line!!!

specifically this bit 

A703A05A-7374-4C01-9DA6-2854D51FBDA5.thumb.jpeg.ef26f2030595a59eab1ac6f2c6215b84.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy from Kent said:

Anyone have any suggestions based on the attached images?

Plug it in using the provided adapter then open image capture  that may be all you need to do.

But you could read the instructions, find the web page, go to the web page, select American, click the link, follow the instructions.

but even better send it to me as a gift. ???????? ???????? 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

On 3/29/2021 at 1:36 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

It is not windows only hardware. Look at the compatible OS line!!!

specifically this bit 

A703A05A-7374-4C01-9DA6-2854D51FBDA5.thumb.jpeg.ef26f2030595a59eab1ac6f2c6215b84.jpeg

Thank you for that observation.   Many  posters fail to observe posted facts.   I also believe the advert I bought it from didn't show a disc or  I wouldn't have bought it.

Bootcamp has been available for for a long time.     I've  never chosen to use it as I know the possible consequences of doing so.

No big deal but if anyone wants to take on the challenge of finding a compatible download  for this USB microscope  compatible with  Mac,  please give it a go.

I'll just give it  away if there's no solution.     Somebody, somewhere will surely be able to enjoy it.

2 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

No big deal but if anyone wants to take on the challenge of finding a compatible download  for this USB microscope  compatible with  Mac,  please give it a go.

I have already given you the routing for the Mac software, it on the company website.

All the information needed is in the pictures you posted.

My suggestion for you to send it to me was no at all serious, but if you don’t want to bother to download the software I can send you my address. ???? 

It is common to supply a windows disk but have the Mac SW available for download.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1