Thai tourism industry to focus on safety, cleanliness, sustainability and not taking advantage of tourists

webfact

1 minute ago, Forza2002 said:

How about the mafia that wear tight brown uniforms will they be complying with the order not to rip off Tourists?

no chance of that but fewer other Thais doing might just leave a bigger slice of the cake eh..

Not taking advantage of tourists? 

I guess Bangkok Airways will be bringing their prices down so tourist will not have to pay 6000 for one way ticket from Bangkok to Koh samui.

The Taxis will will also stop ripping people off.

And then we have the double pricing.

Ohh well, I could go on. The list is long. This would become a Novel.

Edited by Sean60
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sean60 said:

I guess Bangkok Airways will be bringing their prices down so tourist will not have to pay 6000 for one way ticket from Bangkok to Koh samui.

The Taxis will will also stop ripping people off.

And then we have the double pricing.

Ohh well, I could go on. The list is long. This would become a Novel.

Yeah, they'll bring the price down from 6000 baht to a more reasonable 1200 baht, but nail the unsuspecting tourist for an extra 5,000 per piece of luggage.  Oh wait!  they have already been doing that!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Going forward, and in its bid to recover post COVID-19, Thailand’s tourism industry will focus  on four key points: Safety, cleanliness, sustainability and not taking advantage of tourists.

First they have to get those tourists there.  I note that its 1 April on Thursday and we still don't know which tourists will be eligible for 10 day quarantine for example.

Proposals about making things fairer, safer etc. for visitors, whilst being welcome in sentiment, are nothing more than talk.  It seems that there is only one person in the Thai government that can make decisions and he doesn't seem interested in tourism at all - even the decimation of the tourist industry doesn't phase him.  I don't know why the Thai government has ministers etc. - they don't seem to be capable of doing anything other than lots of talking.

According to my Thai friends and famliy, Prayut is fast becoming known as Mr. Talk a lot, do nothing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sean60 said:

Bangkok Aiways is a private company and they own Samui airport - as they do Trat.  Whilst I agree that their prices are expensive, I doubt there is anything the government can do about it.  Bangkok Airways would no doubt state that they made fast travel to Koh Samui & Koh Chang possible by building those airports and people wishing to visit those locations have choices.

The only way to rectify that situation is for the government to build rival airports - that ain't going to happen.

3 hours ago, Aarin said:

Better start by looking at the prices the hotels in Bangkok are charging fur quarantine. The room is a double room but they charging per person. So instead of me and my wife paying  30.000 for the room you must pay 60.000.Its a disgrace and they will continue to Rip off the farangs until irs too late and Vietnam and Philippines are going to reap the rewards

But...

You have to pay for the high quality food..lol

• Sad 1

1. Safety - WRONG

2. Cleanliness - WRONG

3. Sustainability - RIGHT

4. Not taking advantage of tourists - WRONG

One out of four is not bad for Thailand.

The local people in the Tourism sector will be able to "sustain" a business, when the tourists come back - in 2024.....

3 hours ago, Aarin said:

Better start by looking at the prices the hotels in Bangkok are charging fur quarantine. The room is a double room but they charging per person. So instead of me and my wife paying  30.000 for the room you must pay 60.000.Its a disgrace and they will continue to Rip off the farangs until irs too late and Vietnam and Philippines are going to reap the rewards

But...

You have to pay for the high quality food..lol

5 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

"The need to scrap dual pricing was again mulled publicly last year . . . "

As it was the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, etc..

So we have one arm of the government saying no dual pricing while at the same time another arm of the government practises it. Sounds about normal for Thailand, where we get conflicting statements almost daily from those in charge, or people who just want their name in the news.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

“What we did wrong [in the past] we must make it right this time, he added.

it's about time... let's not get too excited with the idea as it will be swiped under the rug   555

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gunderhill said:

What's  the matter with just using the PINK  one we can already get,they sure  like to dream up dumb ideas.

What's the matter with no card at all. Like in the real world where everyone pays the same. Of doesn't need to pay at all, as in museums in the UK - free for everyone, even Thais.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, DirtyFarang said:

Hospitals, zoos, national parks, the list goes on and on.  The government is the WORST offender.

Buriram immigration the other day.

300 for a resident certificate, 500 for house owner not reported me staying.

But we had already done it with the local police as per usual.

Doesn't matter.

800 baht please.

No receipt.

A so-called ‘Expat Card’ was also touted as a possible solution to ending dual pricing. 

and I though the current PINK card was already called Expat Card.... why more unnecessary cards, instruct the people to accept the existing pink card and many dual pricing problems immediately solved

• Thanks 1

Thailand's Minister for Tourism and Sports Pipat Ratchakitprakan has outlined a four point plan to improve tourism in the kingdom. 

Going forward, and in its bid to recover post COVID-19, Thailand’s tourism industry will focus  on four key points: Safety, cleanliness, sustainability and not taking advantage of tourists.

Whatever Trevor ????

Thailand’s tourism industry will focus  on four key points: Safety, cleanliness, sustainability and not taking advantage of tourists.

4 things that will be forgotten in a nano second..... never achieved in the past and will not be attained in the future.

When international tourists return they will be treated as cash cows again,

sustainability will go out of the window in favour of making any profit.

Safety is non-existent as proven hundreds of times before.

Cleanliness is un-heard of.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gunderhill said:

What's  the matter with just using the PINK  one we can already get,they sure  like to dream up dumb ideas.

Umm, because that, or the 'expat card', would still mean dual pricing is on - just not for people with a card.

Safety, cleanliness, sustainability and not taking advantage of tourists.

How are they going to to that? 

Those are the 4 things the Thais know nothing about . 

It's Even shame to mention those.  

will focus  on four key points: Safety, cleanliness, sustainability and not taking advantage of tourists.

The need to scrap dual pricing was again mulled publicly last year, as officials highlighted aspects of Thailand’s tourism industry that should be overhauled as part of its post-COVID-19 recovery.

words and more words, talking is cheap..... ACTIONS speak louder then words

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Bangkok Aiways is a private company and they own Samui airport - as they do Trat.  Whilst I agree that their prices are expensive, I doubt there is anything the government can do about it.  Bangkok Airways would no doubt state that they made fast travel to Koh Samui & Koh Chang possible by building those airports and people wishing to visit those locations have choices.

The only way to rectify that situation is for the government to build rival airports - that ain't going to happen.

The airports will be built as soon as all the high speed railway projects are completed.

• Haha 1

An easy way to get rid of dual pricing. Take a tip from abroad, everyone pays the same price. If you are a local resident of Thailand (just show ID-drivers license) and receive a discount. Yes, it is basically the same thing, but everyone loves a discount. Disney World has been giving Florida residents a discount for years to encourage locals to enjoy the fun more often, it works.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Noah K said:

An easy way to get rid of dual pricing. Take a tip from abroad, everyone pays the same price. If you are a local resident of Thailand (just show ID-drivers license) and receive a discount. Yes, it is basically the same thing, but everyone loves a discount. Disney World has been giving Florida residents a discount for years to encourage locals to enjoy the fun more often, it works.

they already have a discount.... we foreigners pay 400 baht Thais pay 40 or in some instances we pay 200 and Thais pay 20 or in some parks they offer free entrance for the real local/same province/city/village people

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1