Someone please help me buy BITCOIN

Farang123

Ok Guys,

I am living in Thailand.  Have a Thai Bank Account.  I want to buy bitcoin a.s.a.p.  Some years ago I signed up for coins.ph which apparently is the same as coins.th but I never bought anything.  Doing some research I heard a lot of bad reviews about coins so I'm hesitant to give them any money.  Also tried coinbase but apparently it doesn't serve Thailand.  So can someone guide me step by step to buy some damn bitcoin?

I really appreciate it.

https://localbitcoins.com/buy-bitcoins-online/thb/

14 minutes ago, Farang123 said:

So can someone guide me step by step to buy some damn bitcoin?

register on localbitcoins.com, choose a seller to buy from (I recommend Goonerdan/mikesfbkk/Pattayaguy/rdaria/redonion/Rithnia), create a trade offer, send THB to the bank details the seller will provide, withdraw received coins from the website wallet to your computer or hardware wallet.

If you want to trage a large sum, e.g. above 10k USD, then I'd suggest creating a small trade offer to ask the seller for a personal meeting to trade coins for cash, because localbitcoins becomes bit&#hy with large amounts.

Edited by fdsa
  • Haha 2

Just now, Pilotman said:

Why so urgent? You missed the big boat and the little one is still around.  Sorry to be negative, but it appears by your post that you need to do some deeper research,  so that you know what you are getting into, in detail, how it works and what the 'considerable risks' are if you are not tech savvy.  Relying on a online broker to fill in the gaps in your knowledge is a sure way to get ripped off, big style. 

I just have a feeling that it is going to be going up in price soon.  Yeah, I'm doing some research just wondering what brokers  people recommend who are in TH.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Farang123 said:

I just have a feeling that it is going to be going up in price soon.  Yeah, I'm doing some research just wondering what brokers  people recommend who are in TH.

I use a US based Broker.  I wouldn't touch a Thai one. The market is unregulated, so its a huge  risk.  Why a Thai broker?  The trade is truly cross border, so you can have it brokered anywhere.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I use a US based Broker.  I wouldn't touch a Thai one. The market is unregulated, so its a huge  risk.  Why a Thai broker?  The trade is truly cross border, so you can have it brokered anywhere.  

Thanks for the advice.  That is an option for me too.  Will look into it.

28 minutes ago, Farang123 said:

Go look out your front door.  It's coming soon but will only arrive if you stand outside naked holding a large bottle of Chang.

Edited by ThailandRyan

blockfi rates

BlockFi Interest Account (BIA)

Annual Percentage Yield (APY)*

BlockFi Interest Account clients can deposit their crypto and earn interest.

Paid out at the beginning of every month, the interest earned by account holders compounds, increasing the annual yield for our clients.

Currency Amount ** APY
BTC (Tier 1) 0 - 2.5 6%
BTC (Tier 2) > 2.5 3.0%
LINK > 0 5.5%
ETH > 0 5.25%
LTC > 0 6.5%
USDC > 0 8.6%
GUSD > 0 8.6%
PAX > 0 8.6%
PAXG > 0 5%
USDT > 0 9.3%
BUSD > 0 8.6%

There is an ETF that tracks bitcoin if you have a Schwab account or work w/a brokerage firm in USA...  it is selling at a bit of a discount to bitcoin now but pretty much tracks the movement.. and a different one for etherium as well.. 

GBTC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farang123 said:

I asked for step by step guidance.  You just posted a link I have no clue what it is.  I'm thinking now to buy from a US broker not a Thai one.  Still unsure.

I have used used following websites for BTC

·         Etoro

·         Kraken

·         Coinbase

·         Blockfi

You should use Thai visa for recommendations, NOT step by step user guides.

Do your own independent due diligence for ANY financial company.

My personal recommendation is BlockFI, read up about them, research them and then decide.

Do NOT use ANY Broker, absolutely no need.

Remember to risk whatever you can afford to lose, that’s it nothing fancy or special

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fdsa said:

https://localbitcoins.com/buy-bitcoins-online/thb/

register on localbitcoins.com, choose a seller to buy from (I recommend Goonerdan/mikesfbkk/Pattayaguy/rdaria/redonion/Rithnia), create a trade offer, send THB to the bank details the seller will provide, withdraw received coins from the website wallet to your computer or hardware wallet.

If you want to trage a large sum, e.g. above 10k USD, then I'd suggest creating a small trade offer to ask the seller for a personal meeting to trade coins for cash, because localbitcoins becomes bit&#hy with large amounts.

See... this looks shady.  I'm not buying bitcoin from anyone with the name "Pattayaguy"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bolt said:

To be honest

If you’re using TV to find suitable ways to buy and sell BTC, then my advice is NOT to buy.

You must have a minimum knowledge of using online transactions, like sending – depositing money, and then a certain level of trust.

Looking at your comments on the above post shows you are very inexperienced.

So as other people have said, Stay away from crypto

I'm comfortable sending and depositing money online.  I think after I research for a while it will be o.k. to buy.  Provided I gather the right information.

• Like 1