Someone please help me buy BITCOIN

Farang123

4 minutes ago, Farang123 said:

I'm comfortable sending and depositing money online.  I think after I research for a while it will be o.k. to buy.  Provided I gather the right information.

You should compile a list of say 3-5 websites (exchanges) and then do your own independent research.

You can rate each site pros and cons etc.

I have used several and I have found Blockfi to be the best for me, pro’s one free withdrawal per month, con’s limited crypto for sale.

but to be honest I’d stay away from almost every coin and stick with BTC only.

Its your money and your call, so do your own research.

1 minute ago, bolt said:

You should compile a list of say 3-5 websites (exchanges) and then do your own independent research.

You can rate each site pros and cons etc.

I have used several and I have found Blockfi to be the best for me, pro’s one free withdrawal per month, con’s limited crypto for sale.

but to be honest I’d stay away from almost every coin and stick with BTC only.

Its your money and your call, so do your own research.

Thanks, this is more helpful than  just posting a link to a site I know nothing about.  Have a good evening!

13 hours ago, bolt said:

To be honest

If you’re using TV to find suitable ways to buy and sell BTC, then my advice is NOT to buy.

But wait, doesn't TV have globally reknowned experts in healthcare, finance and barstool philosophy ?

I'm with coins.TH and so far haven't been scammed. Apart from the verification process being a bit of a pain, I have no complaints. I'm also using Bitstamp and Binance for their large choice of alts. The reason that I'm also with a local exchange, is that it's easy to transfer baht from my local bank. I should imagine that the others who use local exchanges also do it for the same reason.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Check Coinbase Pro out if you want or check any of the others.  Look up CoinTracker as well, and do some research.

I would also suggest ADA Cardano instead of BTC. It will be a winner for you and you can accumulate coin/units and stake and depending on your strategy you can use earned rewards=coins to live on and by all means get a Crypto card to access your funds. Crypto.com??? This market is expanding globally and be ahead of the game. ADA is affordable right now just like BTC was ( my personal experience @ $.17 cents ) i didn't get into it. ETH Ethere which I did ( late ) but made a chunk. Do some research how where and why these blockchain systems work. YOU TUBE a source ( be careful ) but know your risk and don't risk more than you can loose.    Just saying. Have a nice journey.

• Like 1

Could this be the greatest Ponzi scheme ever.....?

You want to enrich yourself by hoping other people's greed to become richer ...will buy out into that greed escalator.

Yes we all hate the Big banks ...and crazy overblown economics, where  governments  tax the poor/and middle class while letting Apple, Amazon, Starbucks pay little tax and making the wealthy... indecently mega wealthy ...yes its a rotten corrupt and greedy world .....but possibly  so is joining Bitcoin ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Farang123 said:

See, I had a feeling which some people mocked and now bitcoin is surging to 58,000+

If your going to buy Crypto or shares or make investments based on "feelings" then your in for a real shock of a ride.

Investing is not a sure thing, once you remove the "feeling" you have a chance of surviving and making some money, although don't expect to be making a lot of money, if it were that easy we would all be rich.

I have invested 50% of what I have and I have survived here in Thailand for 5 years without any baht coming out of my pocket, my 50% investment is still there, but it hasn't grown, so if you play safe, do your research and earn anything above 4% you should be grateful.

Bitcoin is not for me because I don't want to see the high's and low's, I prefer to see the little dips and the little rises, call me conservative, but I feel that if I go with "feelings" it will be a disaster.

The 50% reserves I have are there as a back up in case everything goes to $hit, which it can, I could also say that if I purchased Bitcoin when it was say $8,000 a coin, I would be a rich man, but I didn't and I am comfortable with my decision, it's just part of my risk make up.

Each to their own and good luck to those who take on the risk and make some good money, it's just not for me, even having done my research on it, suffice to say, I am not prepared to lose money, if it can be avoided, otherwise might as well back the horses, as a long shot is bound to come in, sooner or later, and if Bitcoin is here to stay and make people money, then those who took on the risk, deserve to win, also knowing knowing there is the risk of losing it, or watching it go to places I could bare to watch, but who knows, if it dips to those places, I might buy a coin and hold it for a rainy day ? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Farang123 said:

I just have a feeling that it is going to be going up in price soon.  Yeah, I'm doing some research just wondering what brokers  people recommend who are in TH.

He heard it’s going to go up from the president of Bitcoin.  ???? 

If you have a computer download Atomic Wallet.  You can make purchases using a debit/credit card from the wallet.  No need to open an account anywhere.  Purchases are done through simplex, which is UK based.  5% commission and your card company could hit you with a foriegn transaction fee.  Can't sell from Atomic Wallet though.  Also your purchases will be limited by your card limits.

You can also try this crypto broker based in Australia.  I use them.  They can buy and sell for you and hold it for you too I believe.  $2,000 minimum order.

Caleb and Brown - Your Cryptocurrency Brokerage Firm

I would also say there are altcoins that will outperform bitcoin percentage wise.  So you might want to check them out too.

Edited by rwill

17 hours ago, bolt said:

I have used used following websites for BTC

·         Etoro

·         Kraken

·         Coinbase

·         Blockfi

You should use Thai visa for recommendations, NOT step by step user guides.

Do your own independent due diligence for ANY financial company.

My personal recommendation is BlockFI, read up about them, research them and then decide.

Do NOT use ANY Broker, absolutely no need.

Remember to risk whatever you can afford to lose, that’s it nothing fancy or special

Etoro. They also do Forex.

20 hours ago, Farang123 said:

is bitkub.com any good?  I just tried signing up for their account but there was a message "not accepting new accounts at this time"

As I have posted in other threads, Bitkub was shut down by the SEC in January when their servers crashed and couldn't handle the volume of new registrations and traders. Fortunately for those that had already registered prior to the shutdown, they are still able to trade on Bitkub. However, Bitkub still CANNOT accept new registrations until they resolve the issues they had and the SEC gives them the all clear. In the meantime you CAN register with Satang and successfully buy & sell cryptocurrency on that platform.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dominion said:

You can get freewallet app and use exodus app for exchange. Most importantly if your buying large amounts get a trezor hardware wallet. That way you have the keys to your crypto.

That's an important advice. Always store larger amounts in an offline wallet instead online. It might be more comfortable for beginners, but it's relatively unsafe.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

don't use his referral code, or anyone else's for that matter as they get a commission on your trades.

Thats incorrect, both parties receive a bonus, for signing up and for sharing

or every person that signs up using your referral code and deposits $100 or more into their BlockFi Interest Account (BIA), you and that friend will each earn $10 in BTC.

Referral codes help many people, so get a life

I dare anyone that can beat BlockFI, it beats them ALL hands down

use my referral code https://blockfi.com/?ref=09cfcfdb

Edited by bolt
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

There is an ETF that tracks bitcoin if you have a Schwab account or work w/a brokerage firm in USA...  it is selling at a bit of a discount to bitcoin now but pretty much tracks the movement.. and a different one for etherium as well.. 

GBTC

The Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) is a fund, not an ETF. Therefore it trades at a premium/discount to the NAV. However, currently it trades at a 7.28% discount to NAV so not a bad choice right now IMO.

Currently there are no US Bitcoin ETFs, although there are several ETF applications in the works to the SEC. There are Bitcoin ETFs in Canada and Germany.

I use Bitkub in Thailand but as far as I know new applications have been suspended. You could use one of the overseas brokers (I have Kraken and Bitstamp) or use the Crypto.com app to buy BTC using a local credit card (if you don't mind paying the VISA fees). Or, as someone else said, use Localbitcoins.

Edited by Raphael Hythlodaeus
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Farang123 said:

is bitkub.com any good?  I just tried signing up for their account but there was a message "not accepting new accounts at this time"

I read that at the moment the Thai Regulator ordered this for a while . 

I opened my accont a few months ago.  No problem yet except the few days in the past when their sytem overloded and they had to shut down.

That is why the Regulators imposed no new customers for a while.

Did you try with the apps ?

23 hours ago, Farang123 said:

I know my post is opening up a can of worms for all the smart asses who post here.  Will be filtering out the helpful posts thanks!

Bitkub is good, but as you've discovered they are not opening new accounts at the moment. 

You need to find a friend who can buy for you.