Someone please help me buy BITCOIN

Farang123

1 hour ago, Poet said:

I use Kraken, but have not researched whether other exchanges might be marginally better. I would not use any Asian exchange. Bitkub seems to have had some serious teething problems, and I interpret technical incompetence as an indication of possible deeper problems.

For starting out, I would not bother with a hardware wallet or any complicated software. Keep it simple.

Anything related to crypto draws forth a lot of bitterness on this forum. Many of the most active posters are guys who are tech-savvy enough to use a forum, and who would have been aware of Bitcoin years ago, but simply didn't get into it back then. Perhaps they meant to but, like so many, never got around to actually laying down money and, now, feel they have "missed the boat". What you are seeing is an emotional reaction, not a logical one. Think about how you would feel in the same position.

You always hear that phrase relating to Bitcoin, "missed the boat", and it has never been true.  Sure, the best time to get into it was a decade ago when it cost 8 cents, but the second-best time has always been "today", whenever that happened to be. The important thing is the decision to take action and actually invest some money.

I have a lot of friends who I would describe as "Bitcoin-curious" and I always tell them to open a free account at a reputable exchange, transfer in $100, and buy some Bitcoin. Ignore all the other coins, no matter what hot tips you hear on YouTube - the factors I describe further down in this post will only fuel the rise of Bitcoin and, to a lesser extent, Ethereum. They are Coca-Cola and Pepsi of crypto.

Then, completely ignore your investment until the end of the year. The value will swing around like crazy, no one really knows whether it will be worth more or less tomorrow, but the general medium-term trend has always been upwards.

You should have a very nice surprise at the end of the year - my guess is that $100 invested today should be around $350 - and then you can decide whether you want to explore crypto more deeply. Just don't invest your $100 today if you will need it back next week.

*** Important point: You do not need to buy an entire Bitcoin, you can invest as little as a dollar if you want, it will still go up by the same percentage ***

So many of the people posting negatively on this thread said exactly the same things in a thread around the New Year, when Bitcoin was under $20K. Same for another thread, around the time of the Covid crash last March, when I urged everyone to get in at $5K. It was very clear to me that the pandemic had created an anomolous opportunity, and that the same factors would soon push it far higher.

I have quite a bit invested in Bitcoin and a lesser amount in Ethereum. I could withdraw it all in minutes and invest it elsewhere, but I keep it in crypto because I understand why it has gone up 12x over the past year and that we are only at the beginning:

Unprecedented levels of stimulus spending debasing fiat currencies worldwise, money sloshing around the world pushing up all asset prices, the looming shadow of crushing taxation to pay for the Covid overreaction, political instability in almost all countries, massively increased use of the Internet and faster introduction of entirely new populations in poorer countries, increasing adoption of Bitcoin by corporations and financial organizations clearly heading towards a tipping point, increasing mainstream awareness as a number of major exchanges head towards IPOs, and far easier on-ramps for consumers all over the world to own Bitcoin via their familar banking apps.

All of those factors, which have pushed Bitcoin up 12x over the past year, and 3x over the past three months, are only just beginning. Financially, the next two years are going to be rougher than anything we have seen in our lifetimes. The damage caused by the overreaction to Covid has been far more expensive than any war, and has quite clearly deranged significant portions of the public. The relationship between governments and their citizens has changed, and the inevitable increases in taxation, combined with the plummeting value of savings, benefits, and pensions are going to drive unprecedented levels of unrest and harsh crackdowns.

Just to be clear, while good for those of us with Bitcoin, all of this will be absolutely terrible for the vast majority of people on this planet. The stress and strain of the lockdowns are nothing compared to what is coming down the pike. Life is about to get a lot more expensive.

Some of the members here are on set pensions denominated in their home currencies. Unless they find an effective way to hedge against the debasement of those currencies, many will end up having to sell their houses in Thailand and return to their home countries to live out their remaining years in a far more limited way.

Top post. 

I'm glad I've got my BitCoin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cnx355 said:

I read that at the moment the Thai Regulator ordered this for a while . 

I opened my accont a few months ago.  No problem yet except the few days in the past when their sytem overloded and they had to shut down.

That is why the Regulators imposed no new customers for a while.

Did you try with the apps ?

No, someone said they were shutdown by the regulators.  Will look elsewhere.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, bolt said:

Thats incorrect, both parties receive a bonus, for signing up and for sharing

or every person that signs up using your referral code and deposits $100 or more into their BlockFi Interest Account (BIA), you and that friend will each earn $10 in BTC.

Referral codes help many people, so get a life

I dare anyone that can beat BlockFI, it beats them ALL hands down

use my referral code https://blockfi.com/?ref=09cfcfdb

Celsius Network is better look it up and compare 

1 hour ago, Poet said:

I use Kraken, but have not researched whether other exchanges might be marginally better. I would not use any Asian exchange. Bitkub seems to have had some serious teething problems, and I interpret technical incompetence as an indication of possible deeper problems.

For starting out, I would not bother with a hardware wallet or any complicated software. Keep it simple.

Anything related to crypto draws forth a lot of bitterness on this forum. Many of the most active posters are guys who are tech-savvy enough to use a forum, and who would have been aware of Bitcoin years ago, but simply didn't get into it back then. Perhaps they meant to but, like so many, never got around to actually laying down money and, now, feel they have "missed the boat". What you are seeing is an emotional reaction, not a logical one. Think about how you would feel in the same position.

You always hear that phrase relating to Bitcoin, "missed the boat", and it has never been true.  Sure, the best time to get into it was a decade ago when it cost 8 cents, but the second-best time has always been "today", whenever that happened to be. The important thing is the decision to take action and actually invest some money.

I have a lot of friends who I would describe as "Bitcoin-curious" and I always tell them to open a free account at a reputable exchange, transfer in $100, and buy some Bitcoin. Ignore all the other coins, no matter what hot tips you hear on YouTube - the factors I describe further down in this post will only fuel the rise of Bitcoin and, to a lesser extent, Ethereum. They are Coca-Cola and Pepsi of crypto.

Then, completely ignore your investment until the end of the year. The value will swing around like crazy, no one really knows whether it will be worth more or less tomorrow, but the general medium-term trend has always been upwards.

You should have a very nice surprise at the end of the year - my guess is that $100 invested today should be around $350 - and then you can decide whether you want to explore crypto more deeply. Just don't invest your $100 today if you will need it back next week.

*** Important point: You do not need to buy an entire Bitcoin, you can invest as little as a dollar if you want, it will still go up by the same percentage ***

So many of the people posting negatively on this thread said exactly the same things in a thread around the New Year, when Bitcoin was under $20K. Same for another thread, around the time of the Covid crash last March, when I urged everyone to get in at $5K. It was very clear to me that the pandemic had created an anomolous opportunity, and that the same factors would soon push it far higher.

I have quite a bit invested in Bitcoin and a lesser amount in Ethereum. I could withdraw it all in minutes and invest it elsewhere, but I keep it in crypto because I understand why it has gone up 12x over the past year and that we are only at the beginning:

Unprecedented levels of stimulus spending debasing fiat currencies worldwise, money sloshing around the world pushing up all asset prices, the looming shadow of crushing taxation to pay for the Covid overreaction, political instability in almost all countries, massively increased use of the Internet and faster introduction of entirely new populations in poorer countries, increasing adoption of Bitcoin by corporations and financial organizations clearly heading towards a tipping point, increasing mainstream awareness as a number of major exchanges head towards IPOs, and far easier on-ramps for consumers all over the world to own Bitcoin via their familar banking apps.

All of those factors, which have pushed Bitcoin up 12x over the past year, and 3x over the past three months, are only just beginning. Financially, the next two years are going to be rougher than anything we have seen in our lifetimes. The damage caused by the overreaction to Covid has been far more expensive than any war, and has quite clearly deranged significant portions of the public. The relationship between governments and their citizens has changed, and the inevitable increases in taxation, combined with the plummeting value of savings, benefits, and pensions are going to drive unprecedented levels of unrest and harsh crackdowns.

Just to be clear, while good for those of us with Bitcoin, all of this will be absolutely terrible for the vast majority of people on this planet. The stress and strain of the lockdowns are nothing compared to what is coming down the pike. Life is about to get a lot more expensive.

Some of the members here are on set pensions denominated in their home currencies. Unless they find an effective way to hedge against the debasement of those currencies, many will end up having to sell their houses in Thailand and return to their home countries to live out their remaining years in a far more limited way.

Thanks for this post.  I am planning to invest about $1000 USD in something.  About the coming problems for humanity, I agree in my lifetime (I'm 37) there will be many other obstacles that are worse than what we've suffered in this pandemic.  Bill Gates was right about the pandemic (He says there will be more) and is also predicting that the coming climate disaster (mass migrations, places being uninhabitable especially near the equator) will be much worse than anything we've seen to date.  Time to prepare for the inevitable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Farang123 said:

Thanks for this post.  I am planning to invest about $1000 USD in something.  About the coming problems for humanity, I agree in my lifetime (I'm 37) there will be many other obstacles that are worse than what we've suffered in this pandemic.  Bill Gates was right about the pandemic (He says there will be more) and is also predicting that the coming climate disaster (mass migrations, places being uninhabitable especially near the equator) will be much worse than anything we've seen to date.  Time to prepare for the inevitable.

Actually, I am very optimistic about the rest of this decade, after we get past the lockdowns, and the future in general. An awful lot of the doom narratives being aimed at your generation are designed to disempower you. None of that stuff is true, at least not in the way that it has been presented.

Focus on what guys like Bill Gates focused on at your age: build up your stake in life, grow your assets, ignore anything that does not directly add to your bottom line. If you have not already found a high-quality, intelligent partner, make that a priority now and don't make the mistake of putting off having kids.

You and Greta Thunberg will still be alive in fifty years time, the only question is what sort of life and legacy you will have built for yourself.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 2:48 PM, Farang123 said:

is bitkub.com any good?  I just tried signing up for their account but there was a message "not accepting new accounts at this time"

Zipmex (zipmex.co.th) are still accepting accounts. Once the I had registered, it was easy to link my Thai bank account to my my Zipmex account/app. 

Edited by GarryP

3 hours ago, bolt said:

Thats incorrect, both parties receive a bonus, for signing up and for sharing

or every person that signs up using your referral code and deposits $100 or more into their BlockFi Interest Account (BIA), you and that friend will each earn $10 in BTC.

Referral codes help many people, so get a life

I dare anyone that can beat BlockFI, it beats them ALL hands down

use my referral code https://blockfi.com/?ref=09cfcfdb

that may well be the case, but why should anyone with half a brain, help you to earn free money. Please note that I didn't rubbish BlockFi, I ONLY aadvocated not to use anybody's referral code. So it's you that needs to get a life and stop trying to sponge of others.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

Zipmex (zipmex.co.th) are still accepting accounts. Once the I had registered, it was easy to link my Thai bank account to my my Zipmex account/app. 

Yes, but most of the experienced posters are warning about using Asian brokerages. 

2 minutes ago, Farang123 said:

Yes, but most of the experienced posters are warning about using Asian brokerages. 

One of my friends who is very much into crypto recommended it. Not for trading though, just to channel money to my Binance account and vice versa. I can also cash out directly to my Thai bank account that way too. You cannot link Binance directly to Thai bank accounts, and the interest on credit card transactions is too high.  

Simply put, I will transfer money to my Zipmex account, then transfer on to Binance. Assuming I gain anything on my trades, I will then transfer back to Zipmex and then back to my Thai bank account. I really don't have much choice if I want to avoid credit card charges as I don't have any overseas accounts.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mvdf said:

I thought PayPal allows one to buy bitcoin easily and without hassles. No middleman, no risky meet up with dodgy/shady characters somewhere in Sukhumvit.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/crypto

No, no, and absolutely no. Do not use Paypal to buy bitcoin because you are not actually really buying real bitcoin and you can't transfer it out of your Paypal account to another exchange or wallet. 

• Like 2

On 3/29/2021 at 2:43 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Here is a stack, that will be $448,148 USD.  You can send it to me by grab driver.

Image result for bitcoin

Sent the Grab Driver with an IOU and my signature! Please let me know if you'll be including a Free Gift ????

22 hours ago, fdsa said:

...where is @GrandPapillon when we need him so much? ????

I am here, but you will report all my posts as soon as I make too much sense and you get offended ????

anyway, the real issue with BTC is trust and cost of energy, 2 things that it fundamentally lacks

you can't conduct business without trust, and trust can't be bought or computed, it's mostly based on human emotion and would involved a leap of faith at one point or another

people buying bitcoins at the moment are making that leap of faith since they have no way to know for sure if the calculations are secure or not. They have to believe they are.

• Confused 1

On 3/29/2021 at 7:17 AM, Farang123 said:

I'm planning to invest 3/4 my recent stimulus check in something...

Buy gold stocks like symbol KL... Kirkland Lake...very cheap and out of favor right now. But likely to be popular in the not-to-distant future.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 1:42 PM, Poet said:

An interesting post and I agree with you.

I joined registered with Kraken a few months ago, but my problem is funding my account. They suggested Etana as a means of transferring funds, so I registered with Etana, but after a couple of months my account still hasn't been approved.

Today, I tried registering with Binance and succeeded, but my bank(s) refused the credit card transfer.

• Like 1

I have to ask myself the question, why, if Bitcoin is a scam or a ponzi scheme as many of the dilettantes on TVF and elsewhere claim, are major institutions, listed corporates, large banks and financial organisations, and high-profile investors taking positions in this crypto and others? Let me make a small list:

Massachusetts General (added $100m BTC to their treasury) 

Microstrategy (BTC holdings now somewhere in the region of $2bn)

Tesla (Elon Musk famously bought $1.5bn for the Tesla treasury)

Morgan Stanley

Citi Bank

Wells Fargo

Square

Grayscale

Pay Pal

Visa

Goldman Sacks

Mark Cuban (owner of the Dallas Mavericks)

Kevin O'Leary ("Mr Wonderful")

George Soros (recently, Bitcoin to be included in some of his funds)

There are also at least seven etf filings with the SEC waiting for approval.

There are a host of other actors in this space. And for people who claim Bitcoin is unregulated, they lack the understanding that Wall Street players, and others, are constrained about what they can do with shareholders' funds, and have to file with the SEC to obtain the necessary approvals to include Bitcoin in their operations.

I am a simple guy, but the endorsement of Bitcoin by such luminaries leaves me in no doubt that it is a part of the future of finance, in one form or another. I have no wish to die wondering, "what if" . . .

• Like 2

On 3/30/2021 at 4:06 PM, GarryP said:

Can anyone verify if this site is any good?

What are the cons of using the Asian markets?

2 hours ago, fdsa said:

perhaps you shouldn't take all posts so seriously? :biggrin:

We take ill-informed posts seriously because you are giving financial advice that may harm other members of this forum. You owe it to them to at least understand what you are saying. It is not a joke for some, they may have to leave Thailand if the value of their pensions collapse.

I am very familiar with Warren Buffett's career. Although, during the last century, he pioneered new ways of thinking about investing, no one would expect a 90 year old man to have a strong grasp of today's technology. In fact, for many years, he himself stated that he would not invest in Apple because he felt he did not understand enough about technology. Interesting to note that, when he finally did start investing in Apple, it became Berkshire Hathaway's highest-returning investment. It would not at all surprise me if, like many other establishment figures over the past year, Buffett ended up reversing his position on Bitcoin.

• Thanks 1