Bangkok to Heathrow experience

superal

It’s the same all over Europe . Why complain, it’s the pandemic, what do you expect ? I go regularly to GB ( before Covid) and have never waited . I find the staff friendly, competent, and what’s wrong with Sikhs or others working there ? Really ? Most are not “ migrants” , but the foreigners living in Thailand are, and always will be.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, superal said:

. The Heathrow experience is an indication of what the UK has become , a country no longer inhabited by a majority of  indigenous UK folk

So you chose to become an immigrant where you are different from the indigenous people because you didn’t like all the funny colour foreigners in the UK. Revolting.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

The level of racism from western immigrants to Thailand where they are a different colour and ethnicity from Thai people defies belief. It’s as if they’re too thick to see that they’re the same people they dislike so much

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

So you chose to become an immigrant where you are different from the indigenous people because you didn’t like all the funny colour foreigners in the UK. Revolting.

I expect the majority of the inhabitants of the UK to be white native English speakers.

I expect the majority of the inhabitants of Thailand to be Asian Thai language speakers.

I expect the majority of the inhabitants of Japan to be Asian Japanese language speakers.

There are a few countries (like the USA and Australia) which are comprised of immigrants where I have no expectations.

When these expectations are not met, there is clearly something wrong with the world.

Racism is not to do with expecting home countries to have a certain majority of natives.

PS.

I'm not an immigrant in Thailand (it says Non-Immigrant on my passport).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

Posting Content & General Conduct

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed..

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonising other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I expect the majority of the inhabitants of the UK to be white native English speakers.

I expect the majority of the inhabitants of Thailand to be Asian Thai language speakers.

I expect the majority of the inhabitants of Japan to be Asian Japanese language speakers.

There are a few countries (like the USA and Australia) which are comprised of immigrants where I have no expectations.

When these expectations are not met, there is clearly something wrong with the world.

Racism is not to do with expecting home countries to have a certain majority of natives.

PS.

I'm not an immigrant in Thailand (it says Non-Immigrant on my passport).

Racism is stupid. Don't be stupid.

Ethnicity

According to the Office for National Statistics, there were approximately 64.6 million people living in the UK in mid-2014. Of these, 56.2 million (87.2 per cent) were White British.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Racism is stupid. Don't be stupid.

Ethnicity

According to the Office for National Statistics, there were approximately 64.6 million people living in the UK in mid-2014. Of these, 56.2 million (87.2 per cent) were White British.

The real problem here is the immigrants that look like white Brits.....almost cheating........if it were not for skin color we would be lost!!!!!....How would we be able to ID all those damned foreigners?

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

The real problem here is the immigrants that look like white Brits.....almost cheating........if it were not for skin color we would be lost!!!!!....How would we be able to ID all those damned foreigners?

Oh it’s easy, they can’t speak English correctly....oh wait, neither can most of the bigots

• Sad 1

I am deliberately not thanking posts, as I don't want it to feel as if I am attacking anyone. People have their perceptions and obviously believe that they are right. 

Take BritManToo...he has an opinion of women based on his experiences. How can I convince him that he is wrong? Those are his experiences. Mine are different.

Wasn't too long ago you would hear people refusing to be treated by a non white doctor in the U.K.. They would have a long wait if they refused now.

Wasn't too long ago that all shops in the UK closed at 6pm. Hungry after that and you would have to head to the fish & chips shop. Immigrants changed all of that. In fact the immigrants were running the fish & chip shop. Greek Cypriot ran mine.

Same old stupid racists.

• Sad 1

On 3/29/2021 at 10:58 PM, superal said:

I live on the south coast so what's the point about the underground and also coaches such as National Express are not running

But I believe the X26 bus is still running from LHR to East Croydon from where you could have taken a train to your south coast destination.

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2021 at 4:49 PM, superal said:

Only came here cos had to but as soon as I can get out I will , by hook or by crook . The Heathrow experience is an indication of what the UK has become , a country no longer inhabited by a majority of  indigenous UK folk or that's how it feels .  BTW there were quite a few UK Border Force staff hanging around doing nothing bar using their smartphones and I asked who is managing or supervising this immigration control to which the reply was with a shrug of the shoulders  " Them over there ,other side of the check- in  , UK Border Control  ".     Absolute joke .

Now the problem is how to leave the UK cos without a good reason you will be fined £5000 for attempting to leave the country even if you are not at the airport , ( could be on the way to the airport and if challenged by police ). Hopefully restrictions will be lifted soon and I will buy a one way ticket out of here .

Until you need the NHS and then its back to Heathrow and into the queue again!

23 hours ago, SheungWan said:

OK, so I read above that the electronic gates are now closed at Heathrow. How about Fast Track? Is that still operational?

The gates are open....they just need to check your 3 reqd bits of paper before you scan yourself in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, OJAS said:

But I believe the X26 bus is still running from LHR to East Croydon from where you could have taken a train to your south coast destination.

The UK government is discouraging travellers from using any form of mass public transport because of the covid 19 problem . The taxi company that I use disinfect their cabs after every fare/ journey . Then of course if you were to use the train you still have to make the journey to your residence at the end of your train journey . Train fare at 20 00 hrs is about £40 for standard class and 1st class around £64 . Sure is cheaper initially but add on the final taxi to your house and the difference in fares against the convenience factor and a taxi to my door is my preference . Normally I would be taken by a family member but because of covid 19 this means the driver has to self isolate for 10 days this is a no goer . 

On 3/31/2021 at 6:22 PM, gavlar said:

I was on the same flight and having read stories the previous weeks made great haste to the Border control area.

I have to say my experience was ok....the issue was the passengers in front of me who were not properly prepared before reaching their desk. Too many people had everything on their phone.....some times a few bits of paper is better in this digital world. 

People obviously had the different information on different emails and they had to access them then  hand to the officer...back and forth, back and forth etc etc.

I got to the desk in about 30 mins of landing and it took literally 30 seconds for the officer to check the 3 forms and I was gone.

Actually quicker than normal!

I never saw those stories unfortunately but would not have mattered too much as I was one of the last to leave the aircraft , cos me in wheelchair then electric car .  Having cleared the check in I looked back and the place was still pretty much full  of angry travellers  , went to the luggage carousel and a fellow passenger was doing a war dance cos he was missing a suitcase ( all the flights luggage had been taken from the carousel and place on the floor nearby )  . Normally you would clear immigration and be waiting at the carousel for your luggage to arrive and therefore mitigate any luggage mix up . 

So a 350 and not a 380 as someone told me , apologies .

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Who wants to go to the UK anyway ?

To get vaccinated....interestingly I was contacted by UK test and trace...someone on the plane tested positive!

On 3/31/2021 at 10:45 AM, 473geo said:

Yes they are, lots of my friends and family meeting up over the last few days, all be it outside now the weather is good, no alcohol bans, take aways open so life is steadily improving

"Weather is good"?