Shopee (co.th) Horrendous Experience

Jenkins9039

I have also spent a lot of money shopping on both platforms.

One main reason I prefer shopping on Lazada is that unlike shopee they take my foreign credit card. Otherwise I would use shopee more often for several reasons.

Lower prices

Cancellations. Shopee basically discourages cancelations due to the fact you can leave feedback to the seller even if they cancel the order for "price error". Lazada sellers can cancel for any reason and face no consequences. Basically shopee is a more serious shopping platform.

Their new tier system just like Hilton ???? You get benefits based on your spending level.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pravda said:

Shopee basically discourages cancelations due to the fact you can leave feedback to the seller even if they cancel the order for "price error".

When the seller cancels my order on Shopee they always select "out of stock", there is no option to leave Feedback. If they would select "price error" that would be possible?

On 3/30/2021 at 8:55 PM, Acharn said:

That's funny, when I log in to Shoppee I get a pop-up in red, forcing me to choose between English and Thai. I've never tried using their chat function. Don't you have a Thai friend who can help you? And if they're only in Thai, and you can't read and write Thai, how did you manage to place your order?

Probably the same way he orders food . Look picture, point, grunt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also had an unpleasant experience so in desperation after many attempts, asked where is your Head Office?  got the address as follows  - "We would like to inform you that the Shopee head office address is 1788 SINGHA COMPLEX,  New Phetchaburi Rd., Bang Kapi, Huai Khwang, Bangkok 10310
- You will be able to contact the customer service at 02-017-8399 or email [email protected]"

So mailed by registered all details addressed to MD,. This got successful result. Try this, and good luck.  

On 3/31/2021 at 12:39 AM, digbeth said:

It also used to be that on certain instance, they only refund via their Airpay/Shopee Pay account, which is not available to you unless you have a Thai ID card 

They refund by default to the wallet, if you don't have a wallet, you can send them an email and they will send you instructions how to add your bank account to your profile, and they send to your account.

Next time they will refund to your account if you don't activate your wallet within 3 days after the refund is approved

On 3/30/2021 at 5:12 PM, chilly07 said:

Am waiting for  Amazon  but Thailand seem to  be resisting them. 

Amazon does ship some items to Thailand.   There is a "customs" estimate included in the shipping price. They guarantee you will not pay anything extra.    They use some division of UPS to get your package to the Thai border.  Then a local carrier will do the last mile delivery.  4-6 day delivery.

---

I agree with others, use COD with unknown sellers.   My understanding is that COD now can be paid via QR scan with some carriers (PromptPay/Bank app transfer).   I will try this next time.

Edited by 4evermaat

Well I had a different experience last week with Shopee:

I ordered an item with a shop after checking stock by chat. I had to pay THB35.5k up front. The shop was then unable to get the item from the distributor [yeah,yeah...] so the order cancelled. 

For refund, I needed a Thai ID Card [Nope] to register my bank account. So I contacted Shopee via their Thai drop down menu [that took a bit of cut n paste translation], and sat back awaiting the brewing cluster#$%^....

Shopee replied to my email after a couple of hrs,  gave some advice on configuring my account  details and asked for a copy of my bank passbook.

Money credited back to me two working days later.

Yes, the contact menu could be in english, but hey, T.I.T. after all - and it was sorted professionally. No complaints.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, problemfarang said:

With full respect... you spent 10mil for shoping online but couldnt find someone can speak fully thai?

Difference between commercial and personal usage, and yeah my wife speaks thai and a quarter of a dozen other languages, but that isn't the point....

You should not need to, besides it wasn't a case of "Speaking" but reading and writing, see above for the post descriptive that outlines the issue.

7 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

Amazon does ship some items to Thailand.   There is a "customs" estimate included in the shipping price. They guarantee you will not pay anything extra.    They use some division of UPS to get your package to the Thai border.  Then a local carrier will do the last mile delivery.  4-6 day delivery.

---

I agree with others, use COD with unknown sellers.   My understanding is that COD now can be paid via QR scan with some carriers (PromptPay/Bank app transfer).   I will try this next time.

Just bought three items from amazon 180$, the items 40$, the rest postage and tax. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Susco said:

They refund by default to the wallet, if you don't have a wallet, you can send them an email and they will send you instructions how to add your bank account to your profile, and they send to your account.

Next time they will refund to your account if you don't activate your wallet within 3 days after the refund is approved

Wasn't so worried about the refund, was more peeved at the system itself, and the fact that young thai couple that could have been stiffed if the item wasn't found (was found and delivered 3 days later), still no updated tracking mind, had to close the order manually as complete otherwise they'd not have been paid.

3 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Wasn't so worried about the refund, was more peeved at the system itself, and the fact that young thai couple that could have been stiffed if the item wasn't found (was found and delivered 3 days later), still no updated tracking mind, had to close the order manually as complete otherwise they'd not have been paid.

So after some issues with tracking and a Thai speaking customer service for a Thai company with a Thai website you received your order. And that was a horrendous experience?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

had to close the order manually as complete otherwise they'd not have been paid.

That is for your own security. When you press complete you can not return the item anymore. You have 3 days to check if everything is OK.

Preferred shops is 7 days

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So after some issues with tracking and a Thai speaking customer service for a Thai company with a Thai website you received your order. And that was a horrendous experience?

I received it two weeks later and during that time, neither the seller, shopee, and UPS nor I knew where the package was...

15 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Difference between commercial and personal usage, and yeah my wife speaks thai and a quarter of a dozen other languages, but that isn't the point....

You should not need to, besides it wasn't a case of "Speaking" but reading and writing, see above for the post descriptive that outlines the issue.

well ok then. 

And yes thats 1 of the reasons im not using shopee. So far lazada works great. Although not often but sometimes delivery guys are throwing things to my garage if im not at home. 

I have used Shopee and Lazada extensively.  Of the two, I prefer Shopee.  Its prices are lower and often you get free shipping which is very rare on Lazada.  From what you describe, you could have had the identical experience on Lazada or any other online site.  The shipping company lost the package.  That is not the fault of the seller or Shopee.  If you report that the item was not received, you will get your money refunded.  The seller shipping with DHL, Kerry, or any other service will get reimbursed for the lost shipment.  I am not sure why you are blaming Shopee nor what your issue is.  You could have ordered from Homepro, Tesco Lotus, Big C etc and had whatever you ordered not show up in which case you get a refund.  

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 9:39 PM, Jenkins9039 said:

Shopee site is FULLY in THAI, their Communications are FULLY in THAI, their CHAT is FULLY in THAI., their website states it should have been delivered today, the DHL site states it was returned to HUB, DHL have no clue where it is.

As it stands the seller is out of pocket the AIRCONs, we are out of pocket 85,000 THB (the seller has not received the money) and Shopee are unreachable,

Shopee has English-speaking agents, 02 017 8399.   "9" for English, "5" to get the agent.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 1:19 PM, 1Gringo said:

they actually do have English speaking Customer Service personnel but you need to get a Thai person to speak to the first set of bots in order to reach them. 

That's not correct, the automated system, 02 017 8399, has an English option, press "9".  No Thais needed.

On 3/30/2021 at 5:12 PM, chilly07 said:

I think  DHL are in cahoots with  Customs. 

DHL, FedEx and UPS are all agents for Thai Customs and the official import duty rate is automatically applied to the package and listed on the delivery slip, plus a small admin charge that the courier charges.   

The courier companies have no say in the duties levied and their service is the alternative to every customer with a duty-payable delivery having to visit the Customs office personally to pay the (same) duty to collect the items.   That's hardly "in cahoots".

Edited by Liverpool Lou

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

DHL, FedEx and UPS are all agents for Thai Customs and the official import duty rate is automatically applied to the package and listed on the delivery slip, plus a small admin charge that the courier charges.   

The courier companies have no say in the duties levied and their service is the alternative to every customer with a duty-payable delivery having to visit the Customs office personally to pay the (same) duty to collect the items.   That's hardly "in cahoots".

Was a local sale, the company used by Shopee was UPS Bulk (Domestic), and its ran like a <deleted>show, hence all this hassle, in fact 4 days after the goods were delivered Shopee and the seller were still trying to find them... 

36 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Was a local sale, the company used by Shopee was UPS Bulk (Domestic)...

My comment there, as you could see, was to a poster who referred to Thai Customs being involved in a situation.

On 3/30/2021 at 8:32 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Always doing Cash on Delivery avoids the money risk of it not turning up, just time wasted

that presents other problems.  Give one up for another.  Credit cards protect you pretty well.

So you had a bad experience with a specific SHOP within Shopee and the specific shipping of your specific order with DHL, the report is otherwise irrelevant. Could happen on any platform, nobody would take or be able to take action within a timeframe of the parcel being on the way. Waste of time to report this, not helping anyone, barely makes people assume negatively that things go wrong upfront, without knowing so. Spend a few million baht on there with various shops first, before you complain again ;).

On 3/30/2021 at 5:34 PM, flinc2020 said:

Chances are the person sorting the parcels coouldn't understand the delivery address and just stamped it "Return to Sender" rather than go to the trouble of getting advice.

that is an actual thing, i order a bunch of things from Lazada and Shopee and it's almost always the same drivers, they know me by now but when it's some obscure company or new drivers they always call which prompts me to run downstairs from the 4th floor and pass the phone to the landlady.. and almost every single time she tells me that they cannot read the address as it was written in English

also the address system here at least in some region is quite idiotic (it was the same in Cebu in the Philippines mind you) I used to live at a place which the addressa was say "513 Moo 8" and the address itself meant literally nothing (no house numbers on houses, no street names) and I was in the middle of nowhere, about 3km from the town via at least 3-4 different little sois.. meanwhile, the office where my partner was working was "130 Moo 8" in the middle of town.

in Canada if you were to Google ONLY the postal code where i used to live, it would show you exactly where I lived as its only one side of the street and even has my dad's name and phone number from the directory instantly showing

On 4/12/2021 at 6:23 PM, kekalot said:

hat is an actual thing, i order a bunch of things from Lazada and Shopee and it's almost always the same drivers, they know me by now but when it's some obscure company or new drivers they always call which prompts me to run downstairs from the 4th floor and pass the phone to the landlady.. and almost every single time she tells me that they cannot read the address as it was written in English

Can't fault the general drivers, they ring and are like 'friends' i guess as they're here so often, they know all the nooks and crannies to store when we're not there also.

On 4/12/2021 at 2:54 PM, Kristine_M said:

So you had a bad experience with a specific SHOP within Shopee and the specific shipping of your specific order with DHL, the report is otherwise irrelevant. Could happen on any platform, nobody would take or be able to take action within a timeframe of the parcel being on the way. Waste of time to report this, not helping anyone, barely makes people assume negatively that things go wrong upfront, without knowing so. Spend a few million baht on there with various shops first, before you complain again ;).

Actually, shop wasn't at fault, it was a 'bulk size purchase' (size and cost of the purchase) and was routed through Shopee who coordinated the delivery, seller dropped off to shopee, shopee took responsibility, it all went pair shaped from there.

Not really following the post as its since resolved but just thought i'd correct that statement, again to reiterate, neither I, the seller, the delivery company nor shopee knew where it was, turned out it was in a warehouse and had got lost/miss-placed, they then delivered it, but even to this day the tracking has it still awaiting delivery (on the DHL site).