How much would it cost to have this computer built?

JeffersLos

It would mainly be used for playing normal games from the last 10 years. Need for speed, normal shooting games etc. 1920x1080p.

I5 processor. 

16 Gb RAM, can upgrade to 32Gb.

Video card that powers to a UHD 65 inch TV.

At least 2 TB of space, 4 would be great.

The current drives need to be transferred and connected as extra drives.

Normal sound is okay, no need for a sound card.

TIA

Just buy some fully configured Dell. Don't forget that any computer will have 40 to 60 drivers (program) interacting with Windows and this can (will inevitably) become a real headache. For my piece of mind, as I get older, I only buy fully configured, OS included machines.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Have a look at a NUC i5, or an ASUS mini with a Ryzen 5 CPU. RAM & disk is up to you. Each can have uo to 3 x 4k monitors, regardless of screen size. A clean W10 install will put only the drivers you need, regular updates are preferable, Intel have an update program.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Just buy some fully configured Dell. Don't forget that any computer will have 40 to 60 drivers (program) interacting with Windows and this can (will inevitably) become a real headache. For my piece of mind, as I get older, I only buy fully configured, OS included machines.

Configured by whom?

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

I have been builing computers for years and i never encounter this. Maybe its a skill level thing. But your skill is really low because with windows 10 everything always works on the new computers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Nothing.

Assuming you buy the parts at a shop, they'll assemble it for free.

I would do a bit more research, try to identify acceptable individual components, then ask for quotes at shops.

https://pcpartpicker.com

Agree with the recommendation on Advice, as that parent company is a leading VAR here. BananaIT and JIB will also give quotes within a few percent.

Do you need a new case, PSU, etc?

Think the graphics card will probably be the most expensive item. Make sure you research what things will look like on a 65" 4K TV. Just watch some Youtube videos.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Think the graphics card will probably be the most expensive item. Make sure you research what things will look like on a 65" 4K TV. Just watch some Youtube videos.

The graphics card on my old Ausus motherboard, and the one in my NUC is absolutely fine displaying 1080 or 4k videos on a 48'inch Samsung TV or monitor. (Dunno about 65 inches though)

Of course, if you are heavily into gaming, video editing and rendering, then an expensive one is recommended.

Edited by KannikaP

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

The graphics card on my old Ausus motherboard, and the one in my NUC is absolutely fine displaying 1080 or 4k videos on a 48'inch Samsung TV or monitor. (Dunno about 65 inches though)

Of course, if you are heavly into gaming, video editing and rendering, then an expensive one is recommended.

Yes its gaming or video editing that asks a lot from your graphical card. If you don't do much games or other stuff you dont need it. I do game so i got an expensive card in it. Luckily i bought it just before the shortage. Prices are crazy now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Dunno about 65 inches though

Hence my recommendation. All I said was make sure you know what your getting.

3 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I was really surprised how easy and interesting it is.

Agreed, but some people should probably leave to a builder. And buying all the components at one shop can be a blessing when dealing with a warranty issue. And they'll deliver a working PC, with clean cabling.

49 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Just my 2 pence worth - there are a mixed bag of valid posts here but I had never built a computer in my life until 9 months ago.

I was really surprised how easy and interesting it is. The parts, apart from GPU at the moment, are quite cheap (when you are a Mac user), you can find a nice case that suits your needs better than a prebuilt, you might already have the peripherals or you can buy a nicer mouse or mechanical keyboard than supplied. You can improve or reuse parts if it doesn’t perform as expected, it’s like Xmas, when all the little boxes arrive from JIB or advice.

You already have a great basic base, add a motherboard to the list, researh on YouTube and wade in, it’s not hard.

The problem is that on You Tube there are SO MANY videos telling how to build 'the best' (dog's blox) PC, many with conflicting ideas. Reading PC mags online could give you a better way of doing it.

But if you only interested in having a PC which works well, a NUC or ASUS mini will do all you want without having a big tower full of....fresh air, and spaces for many 3.5 inch hard drives! Save all your data up on One Drive or Google Drive.

Edited by KannikaP

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The problem is that on You Tube there are SO MANY videos telling how to build 'the best' (dog's blox) PC, many with conflicting ideas. Reading PC mags online could give you a better way of doing it.

But if he wants to do some gaming its best to spend a bit on the GPU. Processor has less influence then GPU

When i build i rather spend more like for a thicker more solid case, and a good PSU it does add to the price but makes the computer better more reliable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

But if you only interested in having a PC which works well, a NUC or ASUS mini will do all you want without having a big tower full of....fresh air, and spaces for many 3.5 inch hard drives! Save all your data up on One Drive or Google Drive.

Yeah, I was more thinking of “how to” (how to hookup the PSU) rather than the specs because yeah, agreed, YouTube is just too much. 

End of the day, the question is how much to build this PC? Wether you do it yourself or get a shop to do it, the answer is not a lot. IMHO, you can get a lot for your money especially as he wants a games focused machine.

32 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Yeah, I was more thinking of “how to” (how to hookup the PSU) rather than the specs because yeah, agreed, YouTube is just too much. 

End of the day, the question is how much to build this PC? Wether you do it yourself or get a shop to do it, the answer is not a lot. IMHO, you can get a lot for your money especially as he wants a games focused machine.

In the end its just about how much you want to spend. But if its mainly for games then the  GPU is most important. But then again you should have a minimum base and spend the rest on the GPU. If money is an issue it might be better to buy an AMD processor they give more bang for the buck.  (i prefer intel but if it was up to money id buy AMD and spend more on other parts)

• Like 2

I see no one has yet mentioned the issue of graphics card availability.  The OP has mentioned that the machine would be used for games.  The question is which games.  Would they be playable on integrated graphics — let's say no to that.  Right now, jib.co.th is showing very few graphic card options (Advice not much better); so, would a GT 1030 cut it?  Maybe, with low expectations.

To get something "decent" he's going to paying a premium, even for a used card.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JaiMaai said:

I see no one has yet mentioned the issue of graphics card availability.  The OP has mentioned that the machine would be used for games.  The question is which games.  Would they be playable on integrated graphics — let's say no to that.  Right now, jib.co.th is showing very few graphic card options (Advice not much better); so, would a GT 1030 cut it?  Maybe, with low expectations.

To get something "decent" he's going to paying a premium, even for a used card.

Yes i was lucky enough to get a 3080 before the prices exploded. But even my 2080S in other computer is now expensive. Crazy how the prices went up.

About 2 weeks ago I went to Banana IT in Fortune, Ratchada and wanted to build a PC with pretty much the same specs as you.

I was only interested in the actual PC and not monitor and hard disks (I have 4 or 5 already), but asked for an SSD drive.

I ended up paying 15,000 Baht. I was surprised at how cheap it was.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, petedk said:

About 2 weeks ago I went to Banana IT in Fortune, Ratchada and wanted to build a PC with pretty much the same specs as you.

I was only interested in the actual PC and not monitor and hard disks (I have 4 or 5 already), but asked for an SSD drive.

I ended up paying 15,000 Baht. I was surprised at how cheap it was.

Just out of interest .. when you enquired about the machine, what mother board did they suggest? and what reasons did they give to sell the motherboard? 

I started off with one build on a B450 following a suggestion and because it was the cheapest to suit the processor and then the following build I used an X570 after I did a bit more research, but was mainly lead by manufacturers blurb. (I’m not suggesting these as gaming mobo, just suited my needs)

Edited by recom273

I'm definitely spoilt for choice given the amount of facebook ads I'm getting since starting this topic.

Something like this is interesting. And very very cheap. 

YYkVtRe.png

If can up the RAM to 8, 12 or 16 GB, slot in an extra 1TB hardrive and upgrade the graphics card if needed, later. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, recom273 said:

Just out of interest .. when you enquired about the machine, what mother board did they suggest? and what reasons did they give to sell the motherboard? 

I started off with one build on a B450 following a suggestion and because it was the cheapest to suit the processor and then the following build I used an X570 after I did a bit more research, but was mainly lead by manufacturers blurb. (I’m not suggesting these as gaming mobo, just suited my needs)

They suggested a Gigabyte B365M (gaming board). 

My problem was that I went in to buy a new power supply. I had previously thought about buying a new PC as the one with the faulty power supply was 7 years old, but still fast enough to suit my needs.

Anyway, with a new power supply costing 2,000 Baht and the fact that I needed a PC for my work, I decided to "look at" the prospects of building a new one. I had already some idea of what type of processor and how much ram I needed, but hadn't considered the motherboard. I never play games. I basically use the internet and MS Office and video editing. 

I think if I had spent more time researching the market, I may have "upped" the specifications a little. Anyway, I am pleased with what I have and I was certainly pleased with the price. I was expecting to pay 20K or something like that.

The only negative thing I can say is that there is no Bluetooth. I really didn't think about that and assumed that was standard, but to tell the truth I never use Bluetooth on the desk top.

haha while writing this, I decided to check for Wi-Fi. It seems there is no Wi-Fi, but I use LAN anyway and get a speed of around 890 Mbps.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, petedk said:

My problem was that I went in to buy a new power supply. I had previously thought about buying a new PC as the one with the faulty power supply was 7 years old, but still fast enough to suit my needs.

Anyway, with a new power supply costing 2,000 Baht and the fact that I needed a PC for my work, I decided to "look at" the prospects of building a new one. I had already some idea of what type of processor and how much ram I needed, but hadn't considered the motherboard. I never play games. I basically use the internet and MS Office and video editing. 

I think if I had spent more time researching the market, I may have "upped" the specifications a little. Anyway, I am pleased with what I have and I was certainly pleased with the price. I was expecting to pay 20K or something like that.

The only negative thing I can say is that there is no Bluetooth. I really didn't think about that and assumed that was standard, but to tell the truth I never use Bluetooth on the desk top.

haha while writing this, I decided to check for Wi-Fi. It seems there is no Wi-Fi, but I use LAN anyway and get a speed of around 890 Mbps.

I personally go for the more expensive motherboards. But i use it a lot for work and games. So i like stable motherbaords. However cheaper motherboards will do. Its often advisabele to spend a lil bit more on more quality but its all about budget. I never go for the real top of the line (but close) it usually keeps me going for years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petedk said:

Easily solved: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ezcast-1200-mbps-wireless-wifi-adapter-usb-30-dongle-5g-24g-dual-frequency-bluetooth-50-built-in-dual-antenna-i2129426823-s7143092862.html

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 9:27 AM, petedk said:

I do have blue tooth on my mainboard but i almost never use it. The only reason could be for me the mx master 3 mouse has bluetooth but it also has a normal connection. So I don't see the point of bluetooth on a pc. Perhaps for connecting speakers or headsets.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 8:11 AM, KannikaP said:

Configured by whom?

You have to ask that? A package by Dell or other manufacturers. I get HP configured packages and generally, for anyone that doesn't want to mess around building their own computer, is a better option IMO. 

Another option for the OP is to go to IC City and get them to build a computer for you. You can have one made up and ready to go in less than an hour.

OP, make sure you get a SSD to drive the Operating system and use your HDs for backup storage.