How much would it cost to have this computer built?

JeffersLos

10 hours ago, JensenZ said:

You have to ask that? A package by Dell or other manufacturers. I get HP configured packages and generally, for anyone that doesn't want to mess around building their own computer, is a better option IMO. 

Another option for the OP is to go to IC City and get them to build a computer for you. You can have one made up and ready to go in less than an hour.

OP, make sure you get a SSD to drive the Operating system and use your HDs for backup storage.

I asked who would be configuring the 'OPs new computer' as, in my experience, W10 more or less sorts itself out, drivers etc. 

Yes, you can get a PC made up & ready to go  in a very short time, but who would specify the compnonents used?

Of course have an SSD for OS, but use the Cloud for your backup & storage. For example, I have well over 1TB of data (music, movies, work projects) which are stored on One Drive. Only the ones I regularly use are kept locally on a 250 GB SSD. Backup is to the Cloud.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

I asked who would be configuring the 'OPs new computer' as, in my experience, W10 more or less sorts itself out, drivers etc. 

Yes, you can get a PC made up & ready to go  in a very short time, but who would specify the compnonents used?

Of course have an SSD for OS, but use the Cloud for your backup & storage. For example, I have well over 1TB of data (music, movies, work projects) which are stored on One Drive. Only the ones I regularly use are kept locally on a 250 GB SSD. Backup is to the Cloud.

Indeed, who will select the components. Some SSD's are cheap and slower others are faster m2 SSD for instance if the motherboard can use it is a better option. Also a brand name PSU would be useful. 

Yes windows configures itself its almost impossible to go wrong. Not really hard to do. Its mainly all the extra programs that people install later that need to be installed again that can be a problem. Buying dell won't help that as its not as if dell knows what you use and have paid for in the past. 

• Thanks 1