Ask if I did the right thing

Hello folks,

today at around 14:47 I hit a dog in my area(ban).

Now how did I drive you asked?

I drove slow at around 8-12 km.

The 2 dog came in front of my car or one of the dog even at the back of my car at bark at the car like mad.

This is every day.......

So what I did was I stop and made sure I didn’t hit them, and go slow.

Today I stop and move a bit and it seems my wheel got the leg of the dog. (Brown one).

The black small dog that I always watch out because it’s small always barks at my car from behind. She is a scared dog ????. The ground dog today the owner let it roam out was the one I hit(normal sized dog).

I raise pitbull(full , not mixed female- everyone loves her???? neighbors like to give her scratch or goodies)and a bandog(Bandogge, often people thing it’s a pitbull- people fear him ????, maybe reason it’s his big size) at home and I use this Isuzu truck to bring the dogs in the morning to exercise on weights(pulling now 2600-2800)and spring boards , running machine etc.... I do that every morning at 4 -6am when everyone sleeps to get my dog their daily exercise. 

I use this truck also to bring the dogs to vet and to dog shows etc....

So why you ask why does this part matters?

The reason is that I use this truck also for the daily drive, and it seems that the smell(I wash the car 2 -3 times daily) makes other dogs fear the truck that keeps barking at my car.

This is the reason why I think ???? why all the dogs in the ban euarthon barks at this truck.

I use sometimes also my Ford rap and no dog gives a damn.

so I am guessing is that it’s the smell of my dog that still with the Isuzu truck.

So enough with the trucks and why and so on, let’s come to the important part.

Today I paid 1550 baht for the vet bill because the dog broke the leg when it hit the car.(I am happy it wasn’t the little female.... if it would be a pancake)

Now I don’t know the law so good in Thailand.

You asked yourself properly why do I pay for the vet cost? 

As I also take care of dogs I do understand also a dig owner so I feel guilty about if even if I am not wrong.

I tried to tell the owner not to let their dog out and they said that the gate door is broken.

I said also, when I let my own dog roam around the street and a motorbike hit the dog and the dog get hurts, I don’t expect the bike or the car to pay for the vet cost right? I mean it’s my fault that I let the dog roam the street. I told her also imagine now what would happen if the dog bites or barks at a motorbike and he or she hits the ground and gets into accident and it leads to badly accident..... she would have to pay badly or even face prison time.

The thai women didn’t seem to get it, but her husband seems to understand where I am coming from.

What I want to know it’s how do they handle this in Thailand?

Did I do the right thing?

or do the thing they I am a push over etc?

your thoughts is welcome ????

8 minutes ago, Maha Sarakham said:

I'd say so.  But it sounds like they have no intention to fix the broken gate... poor dog is bound to get hit again eventually.

it’s like that for over 6 months mate, It’s like that since I changed the route to get out of the community.

The other route to get out of the community is where 6-7 dogs live in a household. They let them out all the time, so I don’t want to go there.

this route to get out of the community is the best as it is with not so many dogs. 

but this 2 dogs like to “ตัดหน้า” the car????

I always said it had to happen one day.....

My car that broke the dog leg bone

In 10 years I have killed two dogs, no way I could have prevented either case. Another one just ran into the car and was injured, I saw it limping around that crossing for years after, still living dangerously.

Anyway, in the knowledge that a Thai owner is unlikely to pay for veterinary fees if a Farang is involved, I probably would have paid as you did. (Up to a point). 

The drawback is that in the eyes of the locals, you have become an easy touch, reminds me of a guy that paid for chickens that his dog had allegedly killed until he realised that these people didn't keep chickens at all.

Now for the racist bit: Thai dogs don't learn from near death experiences.

Nor do Thai motorbike riders. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cooked said:

In 10 years I have killed two dogs, no way I could have prevented either case. Another one just ran into the car and was injured, I saw it limping around that crossing for years after, still living dangerously.

Anyway, in the knowledge that a Thai owner is unlikely to pay for veterinary fees if a Farang is involved, I probably would have paid as you did. (Up to a point). 

The drawback is that in the eyes of the locals, you have become an easy touch, reminds me of a guy that paid for chickens that his dog had allegedly killed until he realised that these people didn't keep chickens at all.

Now for the racist bit: Thai dogs don't learn from near death experiences.

Nor do Thai motorbike riders. 

i keep my 2 dogs on our land we exercised  them daily when they at home they have outside area where the gate is closed

Here is him???? he wouldn’t do anyone no harm, only if you try to come into the property and steal something.

it happens to someone that tried to cut a banana tree down for the leaves and fruit.

He bit him and didn’t let go ....... oh my was he lucky that I was there or he would be dead man. Don’t get it wrong, I was glad that I was at home to prevent the problem to be someone dying on our property.

The dogs were happy and thought to themself that they done a good job in nearly killing someone ????.

That was last year, I happens to watch Australien football and I didn’t hear it at first and when I went to get my beer I saw my dog pulling someone.....

I never let my dog out of my property.

✳️✳️✳️Talked to the owner again and here is what she said just now.

She said that it’s a Charakter of the owner if the dog bites someone or not.

She said she raised the dog outside that he can roam around the area.

I think she is saying that my character is bad indirectly because my 2 dogs bit someone for steeling (banana.... which I never eat and give away  friends).

i think I can forget about it about that her dog will be inside the house.

The Problem will be the same in a few months when her dog is okay and can walk again ????

929CCB76-A5F8-41E2-BDEB-6B02DAEE6F7C.jpeg

Edited by luckywooman
  • Like 1