So this is it?

ezzra

So is this how beloved TVF website going to be from now on? the right hand pane featuring days old posts showing they have just now posted while

new posts are nowhere to be found? is no one there who can see that this site become unusable any longer and the 'fixing and updating' caused more damage to what it used to be?...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

So is this how beloved TVF website going to be from now on?

Obviously still up dating I'm no computer expert but as least I see that it's taking time.

Could you do any better I wouldn't know where to start never mind finish. ????

• Like 1

I can't say that I see that much difference.  The right hand panel doesn't bother me, the graphics are fine and the website seems to work as it always has. I'm not sure that others are not just being hyper critical?   

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Is it correct World News forum has been closed due to management decision to concentrate on Thai topics? For me Thai News forum is also not accessible, has this forum also been closed down?

Edited by simple1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Long ago when I joined TVF there were many interesting topics started about such Thaicentric things as night life and ladyboys etc. In recent years they appear to no longer be a subject suitable to post on TVF, though when one does get posted it generates a lot of replies, which indicates to me that such things are still of interest.

I have my theories as to why they no longer appear, but better not post them.

The old hands here have had enough of the ladyboy threads and there are not enough new users to keep those threads alive. Hence the need for new users, see also the other topic about this.

Either TVF needs to attract new users, or it needs to scale down and go back to a Thai Visa information site. At the moment it seems to be heading the way of the latter, although I think unintentionally.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2021 at 4:47 AM, Crossy said:

I started a thread a little while back https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1209130-lost-your-avatar-dont-have-the-original-file-try-this/

Unfortunately you are probably now limited to the WayBackMachine method unless you have your original file ????

You fixed my avatar for me Crossy, and I'm very grateful for that.

Thank you.

have you @Crossy determined whether the MAP on your vehicle is a Digital or Analog model?  Just reconfirmed for myself that you can access online advice re each type...   

a simple DVM applied test might just shed more light for you?

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Plenty more where that came from!!

Have between 20 and 30 bottles waiting in my wine fridge.

Well you can't sell them on line now but if you want  to gift me a case that's still legal. ????

On 3/29/2021 at 5:25 PM, Crossy said:

We feel your pain but have zero control over the "look and feel" of the site (hence all the mushrooms).

Do try clearing your cache and cookies, my Test User is seeing the right hand panel with (reasonably) up to date entries.

Clearing the spam that makes it through to the forum (you really don't want to see how much is automagically removed) is a manual job, we do it as fast as we can. Honest.

If you are the people running the site it boggles my mind why you don’t have control. If your involvement in the site is not in the capacity of the higher ups I am not sure why a mod would answer these questions. Somebody is in control of this site it just doesn’t happen to be you. 

Will the real owners and admin of the site ever make a public statement that’s the question.  I have liked you Crossy in the capacity of what you do but you are not shedding any light on this.. 

Can we get the owner(s) to at least acknowledge that us users a exist for just one time?

• Haha 2

On 4/9/2021 at 8:23 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Long ago when I joined TVF there were many interesting topics started about such Thaicentric things as night life and ladyboys etc. In recent years they appear to no longer be a subject suitable to post on TVF, though when one does get posted it generates a lot of replies, which indicates to me that such things are still of interest.

I have my theories as to why they no longer appear, but better not post them.

The death of this site will simply be the birth of another.

20 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

If you are the people running the site it boggles my mind why you don’t have control. If your involvement in the site is not in the capacity of the higher ups I am not sure why a mod would answer these questions. Somebody is in control of this site it just doesn’t happen to be you. 

Will the real owners and admin of the site ever make a public statement that’s the question.  I have liked you Crossy in the capacity of what you do but you are not shedding any light on this.. 

Can we get the owner(s) to at least acknowledge that us users a exist for just one time?

OK I won't try answer any more questions.

Sorry about that.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

OK I won't answer any more questions.

Sorry about that.

Will the actual owners ever show the common courtesy to give us the tiniest amount of transparency or just hide behind their spokespeople? 

Of which none seem to be able to answer the simplest questions.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Will the actual owners ever show the common courtesy to give us the tiniest amount of transparency or just hide behind their spokespeople? 

Of which none seem to be able to answer the simplest questions.

Loving the outrage !!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

The death of this site will simply be the birth of another.

Not necessarily. I used to be on a site called Oldfriends where one could look for friends lost over time. That site was bought by another company and the site closed permanently, presumably for economic reasons. The new owners didn't care that it was popular and useful- IMO they are <deleted>.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Loving the outrage !!

Here is a fun fact I used an appraisal site godaddy This site was appraised for more than $2 million dollars. Now it is worth the price of a used car. 

Edited by Cryingdick

20 hours ago, stevenl said:

The old hands here have had enough of the ladyboy threads and there are not enough new users to keep those threads alive. Hence the need for new users, see also the other topic about this.

Either TVF needs to attract new users, or it needs to scale down and go back to a Thai Visa information site. At the moment it seems to be heading the way of the latter, although I think unintentionally.

Speak for yourself. The few times such threads have been posted in the past few years they have generated a great many replies.

"Old hands" 5555555555555

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

Here is fun fact I used an appraisal site godaddy This site was appraised for more than $2 million dollars. Now it is worth the price of a used car. 

Are you thumping your fists on the table whilst making these posts ?

• Haha 1