So this is it?

ezzra

4 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Are you thumping your fists on the table whilst making these posts ?

No I just know how to run analytics. I work for a company called Crowdstrike. I could fix this sh!t in five minutes. So I am mildly amused.

We stop breaches.

Edited by Cryingdick

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

I was teasing making a bit light fun of the situation but everyone got that.

Yes, I knew you were joking, Rob. ✔️

Couldn't insert a laugh emoji though, blasted things hardly ever load.

*Laugh*

Oops, seems I can post an emoji, directly from my tablet keyboard. Didn't know that.  ????

????

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2021 at 5:34 AM, simple1 said:

Is it correct World News forum has been closed due to management decision to concentrate on Thai topics? For me Thai News forum is also not accessible, has this forum also been closed down?

There isn’t much Thai news anymore either. 
I thought I read that the site got taken down by a disgruntled ex member? But when it returned the Nation had ceased being a partner? 

A bit more to this story that has been let on? 

Where is the Thai news coming from now? 

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Very good point, problem is some people are all mouth and no action.

I would be happy to provide current Thai news. There isn’t much anymore and what is posted under “Thaivisa” with no links to the original source i have found to be factually inaccurate.

Some of it reads as if it is completely made up to be honest by someone taking the p.....

It could be improved. Thailand is a very interesting country with some amazing people, none of which is being reported here.
There seems to be a real focus from the news that is reported to encourage negativity, road deaths, government policies, petty crime etc. Stuff that the average Thai isn’t really concerned with.

The topic's column on the right remains frozen in time and place

At the moment I appear to have a choice of two topics..

"Will the Spanish Armada Ever Arrive?"

or..

"How much money will I gain by buying my Mongolian Ladyboy friend an ice cream franchise and Settling in Kazakhstan?" 

Either way-I hope the forum works thru this rough patch..

(I wonder if folks have gone over to the the Facebook edition?)

• Haha 2

All online communities have a life-cycle. There is no point worrying or complaining. The people involved already know.

If any site is down over several days, or simple functionality is not working, or key content such as user avatars goes missing, it simply means that they no longer have someone with technical skills actively involved. Maintaining and backing up an Invision forum is not difficult. There are even managed solutions if your forum is generating enough money to justify that expense. The problem is that, when a community is mismanaged in other ways, participation and, therefore, advertising revenue eventually drops. Less income narrows your options when technical problems crop up.

If you are interested in a particular subject, or gain useful information by being part of a particular type of community, the smart move when one of your sites enters a death spiral is to start finding others on the same subject. Ideally, you should be following several, and don't expect any of them to last forever.

On a positive note, the amount and quality of expat-related content available online is now significantly better than it was just a few years ago. If one particular site ceases to function, the same users will pop up elsewhere.

18 hours ago, farmerjo said:

If any changes are available.

An arrow to go to bottom of the page like the one that goes to top of the page.

Not sure how hard it would be to do.  

And an arrow to go to the far left of the page and another arrow to go to the far right? Does his lordship have any other wish?

Incidentally, with the device, operating system and browser I am using, pressing Ctrl+End on the keyboard brings me to the bottom of the page.

• Thanks 1