90 Day receipt over one month late

The instructions for mailed in reporting states you should check with them about your report if have been waiting for 30 days for the receipt.

There have been reports of people waiting 3 weeks or more before they got the receipt in the mail.

• Like 2

OP, thinking you will be ok. They must be inundated with mail 90 reports with the online option down for so long.

The very worse case is 2000baht fine.

@ThailandRyan I can understand why some folk are attending in person esp with appointment available at MTT.

Edited by DrJack54

42 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, thinking you will be ok. They must be inundated with mail 90 reports with the online option down for so long.

@ThailandRyan I can understand why some folk are attending in person esp with appointment available at MTT.

Yes the appointments are a godsend.  In and out in less than 10 minutes.  Takes more time to park outside and walk up to the second floor and check in at the desk in the garage area where they have the seats set up.  I always try and take the first appointment if possible and when 8:30 rolls around they call up the first 10 que numbers of which the online appointments have different Que letters (B) instead of A, and they have a specific desk B-1 for the online appointments inside.

20210329_082109.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan

57 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The instructions for mailed in reporting states you should check with them about your report if have been waiting for 30 days for the receipt.

There have been reports of people waiting 3 weeks or more before they got the receipt in the mail.

Thank you. As the next available appointment isn't until 7 April that would take it to about three weeks. Perhaps I shall wait and hope the report turns up soon.

Oh, and just to add a little humour to the topic.

I was so maddened after the phone call, I took a swig of water rather too aggressively and managed to dislodge and swallow my one-tooth denture.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

8:30 rolls around they call up the first 10 que numbers of which the online appointments have different Que letters (B) instead of A, and they have a specific desk B-1 for the online appointments inside

Just to add for others having appointment for the first time. 

So I went to the queue desk (shown in above post) it's also doc check.

Anyway stupid me was given the 'A' ticket. I soon realized that I was supposed to state that I had an appointment. Eventually realized my stupid mistake. Went back to desk. You tell them you have appointment, they ask your name look on their list and give you 'B' ticket. Then straight to B desk. Excellent.

• Like 1

For those who have filed in person, over the past 30 days, at MTT, can you tell us if the next report date form is the same as in the past? Computer generated with passport barcode and time of day? Or is it a manually generated receipt?

1 hour ago, vadid said:

I was so maddened after the phone call, I took a swig of water rather too aggressively and managed to dislodge and swallow my one-tooth denture.

As with the 90-day on-line reporting snafu, this too will pass.

14 minutes ago, vadid said:

Don't worry 24 to 48 hours your tooth will reappear just will need some whitening polish unlike the 90 day report as you can't polish a turd.

• Haha 1

I have never failed to receive a new report slip by mail after sending my report by registered mail.  Could you have forgotten to enclose a return envelope with a stamp on it?  I have sometimes waited for six weeks but always got the new slip returned.

Since you have the EMS delivery receipt and, hopefully, copies of all that you sent in, there should be no fine.  I suggest waiting for a couple. more weeks.

6 hours ago, vadid said:

Unfortunately I can relate to your frustration. Was at Jomtien immigratrion to do my 90 day report (the 90 day online repoting system, to the best of my knowledge, has been shut down for maintenance for at least one week). Long line up and the procedure for waiting outside to do 90 day report had changed without notice. Through my own doing I had cycled to the immigration (trying to stay healthy and lose weight). Left without incident but not a pariculary positive experience. Anways I made my way back to Pattaya and was about to lock up my bike outside the Thai Garden Burger King and a security guard charged out and said I couldn't lock  my bike there. I lost it and got in a screaming match. If I was Bangkok hi-so visiting Pattaya I doubt anything would have been said. 10 minutes later everything returned back to normal. I locked my bike to a lamp post on the opposite road and the security guard returned to his 15,000 baht / month job. Hopefully we will never see each other again. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I have a similar problem with O-A visa reporting.

My reporting date was March 5, and I sent in docs and sase by registered mail on February 22. I have heard nothing. I sent follow-up email on on March 22. Still nothing.

Small wrinkle is that I am returning to US on April 15. 

It is a bit confusing, on this site I have been told to just go to airport, no problem, but when I call 1111 (no answer at Immigration) I was told I should go to Immigration.

Anyhow, I tried to make online reservation to file 90 day report (only Chamchuri location available?) but system would not allow booking a date so far past my official reporting date!

What is now confusing is the location - from the messaging above I see the location mentioned as MTT. Is that the same as Chamchuri? If not -

- what is the web address to book at MTT?

- Can you report without a booking in Chamchuri?

Thanks, George

immigration chamchuri.JPG

Edited by georgesch

19 minutes ago, georgesch said:

Anyhow, I tried to make online reservation to file 90 day report (only Chamchuri location available?) but system would not allow booking a date so far past my official reporting date!

Chamchuri Square (aka one stop center) is only for those working for BOI companies, state enterprises and etc.

You can only use Muang Thong Thani to do your report. 

Try putting a date after your you want to do the appointment instead of the actual date your report was due.

You can leave the country without a problem since departure immigration at airports do not check for 90 day reports. 

Has anyone experienced or know of someone who has experienced getting their receipt back in a timely manner since the online reporting went tits up for Bangkok?

I sent my TM47 in by EMS 27-Feb and still no receipt. In the past (4 years ago since I last did mail in) I got the replies inside 2 weeks.

10 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Has anyone experienced or know of someone who has experienced getting their receipt back in a timely manner since the online reporting went tits up for Bangkok?

Good poll question...

No

But have seen five or six posts here about not receiving the next report date slip.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 9:52 AM, DrJack54 said:

I fail to understand how a worse case of 2000THB fine can even be considered when the OP has done nothing wrong?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

But have seen five or six posts here about not receiving the next report date slip.

That might be due the address not being correct or Thai Post just didn't bother to deliver it if the address was in english.

I suspect they do not put much effort into delivering standard mail.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I fail to understand how a worse case of 2000THB fine can even be considered when the OP has done nothing wrong?

If you have the delivery proof it was delivered to immigration there would not be a 2000 baht fine.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So my report is due April 28. In guidelines it states that must be mailed "...at least 15 days prior to report date...."

Can I mail it 28 days prior (ie today).

I do not think I would try mailing it that early. At the most I would say 7 day early might be OK.

I think Bangkok put the mailing 15 days before it is due to registered mail taking 7 days to be delivered before. The official rules state it needs to be received 7 days before the report date.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have the delivery proof it was delivered to immigration there would not be a 2000 baht fine.

Exactly.

The Imm web site says "– Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt."

Do you think if my TM47 mailed in receipt is not returned to me from CW (I've been waiting 40 days now) I can simply count 90 days from the date the last TM47 EMS was received and mail in a next TM47 with the old EMS receipt? I would thus be contacting immigration as required (albiet by mail - website doesn't say you cannot) and doing the next 90 day report to save everyone time? Anyone tried this?

I plan to carry on doing so until my next annual extension.

Edited by Hamus Yaigh

8 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Do you think if my TM47 mailed in receipt is not returned to me from CW (I've been waiting 40 days now) I can simply count 90 days from the date the last TM47 EMS was received and mail in a next TM47 with the old EMS receipt?

I cannot suggest trying to do that. It think they would probably reject the 2nd mailed in report.

On 3/30/2021 at 10:31 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Takes more time to park outside and walk up to the second floor and check in at the desk in the garage area where they have the seats set up. 

Is it easy to find parking spots there?

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That might be due the address not being correct or Thai Post just didn't bother to deliver it if the address was in english.

I suspect they do not put much effort into delivering standard mail.

I'm still waiting for my 90 day return slip after EMS-ing it in on the 8th of March. Seems no one is getting their slips back by post at the moment, I would put the blame on immigration more than Thailand Post. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sussex said:

I would put the blame on immigration more than Thailand Post. 

Me too.  I did regular mail for a few years 2013-2017 before online became an option and never waited more than 10 days to get my SAE back. Postman perfectly understood my English language address.

Now still waiting.

Posted mine  EMS yesterday, Wed at 9am. Thai Post tracking shows it still hasn't been delivered to CW and it is now 3pm Thurs..

Usually is is signed for at 08.30am the next morning.

Are they refusing to even take delivery of 90 day reports now?

Screenshot_20210331-150229_Chrome.jpg