Chiang Mai: Total ban on moat water splashing but rumors surrounding areas may flout regulations

webfact

8pm.jpg
Picture: Thai Rath

Chiang Mai's governor Charoenrit Sanguansat confirmed that absolutely no water splashing would be allowed in the Chiang Mai city's moat

Also the parade of Buddhist images through the streets is off. They will be stationary this year outside the temple of Wat Phra Singh Woramahawihan for people to pay respects from April 11th to 15th.

Thai Rath reported that some people were planning water splashing events outside the main area and this would be harder  to police.

A local businessman called for everyone to follow the rules fearing a possible resurgence of the virus.

Meanwhile the governor said that a social media drama following Friday's Holi Festival or Festival of Colors was unwarranted. 

An event at the Night Bazaar followed all the Covid-19 protocols including limiting numbers to 50 per time. 

Fears had been expressed online that the event, practiced by people in the Indian community, contravened regulations. 

The governor said that he had asked the public health department to look into it but that everything was above board. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-30

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Rath reported that some people were planning water splashing events outside the main area and this would be harder  to police.

There's a big police station by the traffic lights at the end of my road, every day when I ride my m/c past with no helmet, they fail to stop me. I'm guessing they'll have the same level of interest in enforcing COVID restrictions, or water fights. Although I may be wrong.

Edited by BritManToo

19 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Do these morons really think dumping buckets of water on passing cars causes covid.

Oh the stupidity!

Shhhhhh! If we can convince them of this then maybe for once I can ride my mbike around without getting a face full of freezing cold filthy moat water!  ????