5 Years Teachers License-Thailand

Hi all,

I please need some assistance. If, I am on the wrong group then please advise nicely. I'm new to this.

I am currently looking for an online diploma course in education (Preferably the UK) with a recognised institution (By the Teachers Council of Thailand)  so that I can get my 5 Years teachers license.

I have an honours degree in hospitality management and a TEFL (120 hours) certificate and have been teaching English in 2 different schools since 2015 with a  years break.

I have searched the internet but to no avail.

Can anyone offer any assistance in this area?

Awaiting your kind response.

Wells International School in BKK offers such a program, in partnership with Framingham State University in the USA. That’s the one I usually see mentioned. Some other UK programs get mentioned, I forget what they are. Someone please chime in.

Then the last resort, if you just want to get an MA paper to apply for the license, is a Philippine “program” that you simply pay for.

You need to have been at one of your schools with a work permit, for a full 365 days before applying for the license, with no breaks between. Then you’ll need this school’s cooperation In submitting the application, which requires signatures from your head of dept and other officials.

Keep in mind that most teachers usually get their work permit working several months into their term. Those months you worked without a work permit don’t count toward getting the license. Thus, you will need to have been at your school longer than a year, before you can apply.