Phuket Governor pushes to vaccinate 50,000 in seven days

webfact

10 hours ago, Know not me said:

America has vacinnated 1 million people in one day. The goal since President Biden took over is 200 million in his 1st 1oo days in office. Thats 200 million by May 1st 

Their top figure is actually over 3 times more than that.

They also surpassed 3 million doses on four consecutive days last week.

Screenshot_2021_0331_205352.png

On 3/31/2021 at 3:35 PM, dallen52 said:

UK population 75 million

Thailand is 72 million.

UK can vaccinate almost 1 million in a day.

Maybe Thailand took its eye off the ball game too long?

Farangs will possibly be q3 or q4.

Unless you get done overseas.

Or perhaps over in the far-queue.

My wife and I will shortly have our second vaccine injections in the UK.

We will have a PCR test 72 hrs before going to the airport.

We will obey social distancing, masks, hand washing and generally be as careful as we can.

That means we have 96% immunity ourselves, and (depending on whose research you read), are sterile and not carriers and have proved we're not carriers. Our only risk to anyone in Phuket is if we are in contact with a carrier while travelling.

We're happy to take test on arrival and again in the first few days and will socially distance all the time.

After a few days we are no more a risk than anyone already staying in Phuket.

We want to arrive 6th July and stay 7 months - you do the maths and see if the risk outweighs the benefit of having us in Phuket.

We wish no harm to anyone and would say the risk to Phuket is minimal and the benefit great.

Thai people have controlled Covid exceptionally well but the only way to get out of this is for the majority of the population be immune or Thailand will forever be track and tracing the few cases you do have and will have to isolate from the world and other Thai with extreme social distancing - forever.

The only other alternative is Vaccination or allowing Covid to run and losing as many people as you have seen in other countries.

The mark of a good society is how well it treats it's most vulnerable. Thailand is far ahead of other countries in looking after the most vulnerable in society.

I'd encourage everyone to get vaccinated.

Good luck to the vaccination programme, it's a great start and I trust that the numbers vaccinated daily will increase, as they did in the UK, until the whole population is protected and you no longer fear Covid arriving from travellers or indeed from any other part of Thailand.

First jabs given in Karon today at the back of the Phuket Orchid. Haven't seen so many cars parked nearby in a very long time but I did get the impression from speaking to someone who sent staff that it was a bit of a free-for-all without designated time slots.

But it's started.

Glad to hear that the vaccination has started, sad to hear that the vaccine is chinese.

I'll wait for whichever european-approved vaccine would appear here first.

Edited by fdsa