Pattaya Immigration - Move from Bangkok & Reporting Change of Address

Harry2

Moving back to Pattaya after 14 years in Bangkok. It will be my first change of address in that period & I would welcome any insight into how easy/difficult local Immigration is in this regard. I believe I need to present a TM28 completed by me but that a TM30 needs to have been filed by the landlord/apartment block. If they haven't filed online I will need to give them a physical form completed by the 'landlord' with signed copy of ID & maybe ownership document. Initially I will be in an Airbnb whilst I find my feet & understand my unit has an overseas owner, so I can see problems getting a TM30 from him. When they had the TM30 clamp down some 2 years ago I self certified my own TM30 as a 'renter' in Bangkok', I wonder if that is possible in Pattaya?

Once the immigration website is up and running again, you can register yourself as the Responsible Person for whatever address you are staying at on the TM-30 website. It takes only a few minutes. After that you can self report.

• Like 1

At Jomtien today for 90 day and Residence Cert. Not too busy but had to wait 1 hr for Cert. (Booking DL extension on 27 April so doctor's letter just in time but they did have a power cut at Transport Office and were crochety). Generally find Jomtien accomodating so worth visiting and asking them the question. Don't hold your breath on website-looks like a major upgrade problem which unless they revert to the last version ain't gonna work anytime soon!

Edited by chilly07
Further opinion
  • Like 2

Moved to Pattaya and my new landlord went in with about eight copies of my passport to tell them I am here. Very responsible I thought. She told me that as she had done it I didn’t have to go in at all. I don’t believe that is correct, I think I still have to go in. I also have a 90 day due on the 19th April.....surely I have to go in and do a change of address before then? Thanks guys.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mansell said:

Moved to Pattaya and my new landlord went in with about eight copies of my passport to tell them I am here. Very responsible I thought. She told me that as she had done it I didn’t have to go in at all. I don’t believe that is correct, I think I still have to go in. I also have a 90 day due on the 19th April.....surely I have to go in and do a change of address before then? Thanks guys.

Did she give you a TM30 receipt? If yes, that may suffice. Yes you will have to do your 90 day reporting. 

My Airbnb 'landlady' not only did my TM30 at Immigration but also took in a completed & signed TM28 returning next day with TM28 receipt. I believe we do have to do a TM28 but that the Immigration need a TM30 before accepting your TM28.