Just viewed the COE website and viewed this Infographic notice.

Capture.JPG.b12f373a99494105621b4975be93b6e9.JPG

According to that, those arriving from Countries with no cases of Covid-19 variant strain will be the only ones subject to the new 10 day quarantine.

Everyone else will still have to do the 14 day quarantine, which will be most European Countries, if not all.

I have not as yet, seen a published list of Countries permitted to only do the 10 day quarantine.

Maybe I missed it.

• Confused 1

On another note and question for anyone who has recently entered Thailand.

Compliance with disease prevention measures prescribed by the Government

I acknowledge and accept that, upon my arrival and during my stay in Thailand:

1. I shall be subject to entry screening for respiratory symptoms and temperature measurement for fever, at the Point of Entry through which I am entering Thailand;

Other than a temperature check, what other screening process do they do for checking respiratory symptoms.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

All other countries 10 days

Thanks, I've seen that same list before but not officially published by the Thai government.

According to the Infographic if your entering from a Country with variants of Covid 19 then the full 14 day quarantine is still applicable, which will be most.

• Like 2

Many embassy website are just saying a 10 day quarantine is possible and only states a list will be done every 15 days.

The Poland embassy website says 14 days due many cases of variants there and in Ukraine that they are responsible for.

Don't understand. Don't all countries have variants.

Even Australia currently has 3 day lockdown in Brisbane. Borders to other states have been closed. Only 4 local transmissions. It's the UK variant. 

Is there a country without variant

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Many embassy website are just saying a 10 day quarantine is possible and only states a list will be done every 15 days.

COE website only states a minimum of 7 days.

I thought it was a minimum of 10 for the current foreseeable future.

It's all a little unorganised to say the least.

Anyone booking ASQ needs to know if he's required to book for 10 or 14 days beforehand.

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

That is proposed for those that have been vaccinated.

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Anyone booking ASQ needs to know if he's required to book for 10 or 14 days beforehand.

The only way to know for sure is to contact the embassy that will issue the COE.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I thought it was a minimum of 10 for the current foreseeable future.

It's all a little unorganised to say the least.

you need to book 14 days, and then get confirmaton of refund if less days stayed, thats what i got

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bolt said:

I got my COE yesterday, and it says no less than 10 days.

Was that from the UK Embassy.

I have a friend stalled in the middle of registering for his COE and booking his ASQ for 10/14 days.

Apologies, we cross posted, just read your other posts and noticed your COE was issued Abu Dhabi.

Edited by Tanoshi

He can hold off with registering and booking ASQ for a few days in the hope we get some confirmation from the Thai government.  I'm pretty sure it will be 10 days unless your from an African Country.

11 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

He can hold off with registering and booking ASQ for a few days in the hope we get some confirmation from the Thai government.  I'm pretty sure it will be 10 days unless your from an African Country.

Why single out African countries.

Variants everywhere. UK. Russia, France just to name a few. Thailand is kidding itself 

Screenshot_20210330-222010.png

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why single out African countries.

So far they are the only one's listed.

52 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Variants everywhere. UK. Russia, France just to name a few. Thailand is kidding itself 

Agree.

The information contradicts the reality of the situation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ozfarang said:

Here it is

2010140781_ScreenShot2021-03-30at11_29_49.png.4f2caa976b3b58761069207f12f426d9.png

All other countries 10 days

That list of 10 African countries is not the only group of countries requiring 14-day (15 night) quarantine. I saw a list of 11 additional countries (mostly from Latin America) on Monday, but cannot remember where I saw it, and cannot find it.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

That list of 10 African countries is not the only group of countries requiring 14-day (15 night) quarantine. I saw a list of 11 additional countries (mostly from Latin America) on Monday, but cannot remember where I saw it, and cannot find it.

There is a lot of mixed information.

Earlier this week an ASQ hotel was mentioning many other countries 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/asqthailand/permalink/1186192968487517/

2010140781_ScreenShot2021-03-30at11_29_4

Come on, surely they're taking the mickey with this, Brazil's not on the list yet it has the deadly P.1 variant in wide circulation and is clocking close on 4,000 deaths a day. Now they've discovered a P.2 variant in Rio, are these idiots on the CCSA even looking at what's happening around the world. Europe is being ravaged by the UK/Kent variant, which is much more infectious than the original flavour and probably more deadly as well, yet they're classing Europe as variant-free? Talk about ways to lose credibility, lol!

• Sad 1

On 3/31/2021 at 9:42 AM, ozfarang said:

Information for Australians travelling to Thailand 1 April and after,

10 days quarantine

No F2F certificate required

Confirmed by the Thai Consulate in Sydney this morning 31/03/2021

the COE website "update" states no less than 7 days if vaccinated. then it states only if from those countries(?) with no covid variant strains(?) and then the post from bolt confirms that thailand authority CDCC has final right (on entry?)to decide on quarantine period. as usual TIT is as clear as mud.   

2 minutes ago, Bvor said:

the COE website "update" states no less than 7 days if vaccinated. then it states only if from those countries(?) with no covid variant strains(?) and then the post from bolt confirms that thailand authority CDCC has final right (on entry?)to decide on quarantine period. as usual TIT is as clear as mud.   

That info was from the Thai Consulate Sydney

Just read on another thread the Fit to Fly certificate was required to travel into Thailand today by one poster.

Indeed clear as mud

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yep..  that was me.

Fit to Fly letter asked for at check in (.last night on 31st). 
Fit to Fly letter asked for again this afternoon at the first document check point (after disembarking).

I think the personnel at the airport are just ‘box ticking’ the documents off from their mental checklist.

As easy as it is to get the F2F document, it makes sense to get it just in case, no one wants a show-stopper over something so simple.

Totally agree

I'll be flying with CX from Perth and the CX web site still stipulates a F2F is still required when I checked today