COE website.

42 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

All the restrictions for Thailand were published on the 31/03/2021 by IATA

That may be an update of it that I posted. I think they put March 31st since it was done before today.

That is the only change of what they have posted on the site. It only mentions a quarantine and certificate of entry being needed and that has not changed,

Per the Thai Embassy in Los Angeles. This was posted today. No requirement for the Fit-to-Fly Certificate. However, as others have said. If it is convenient to obtain, better to have it than not. Can't hurt just in case someone at the airline or immigration didn't get the memo. If you don't need it, just toss it later. 

A related question, must the Medical Insurance be purchased from an authorized Thai carrier? Thanks.

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/related-procedures-in-requesting-for-a-certificate-of-entry-and-visa-to-enter-thailand/

checklist_EN-3-1024x731.jpg

24 minutes ago, Travis179 said:

A related question, must the Medical Insurance be purchased from an authorized Thai carrier? Thanks.

I was told by the Thai embassy that my  American BCBS insurance that covers me in Thailand is good. They just need a letter from your insurance curries saying so.

but if you don't have insurance that will cover you in Thailand, then IMO it would be better to buy from a Thai currier the covid insurance they sell , even though you will never use it. If I have a problem with the letter from my insurance that I send them, I will buy it also.

It is only about $200 for three months. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

I was told by the Thai embassy that my  American BCBS insurance that covers me in Thailand is good. They just need a letter from your insurance curries saying so.

but if you don't have insurance that will cover you in Thailand, then IMO it would be better to buy from a Thai currier the covid insurance they sell , even though you will never use it. If I have a problem with the letter from my insurance that I send them, I will buy it also.

Thanks! Good to know. That seems like a reasonable premium for 3 months coverage.  

1 hour ago, Travis179 said:

Thanks! Good to know. That seems like a reasonable premium for 3 months coverage.  

IMO I think  it is reasonable also. But only covers you for the covid 19 requirement, which is useless for most of us since we are vaccinated. 

But if a couple of hundred dollars will help me get back, so be it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

If your American BCBS insurance includes a minimum coverage of 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment when you need to be treated for covid in Thailand, you only need a statement from your insurer confirming the above.  The statement also has to mention your insurance expiry date (which should be beyond the 90-day permission to stay date you would receive on entering Thailand with your 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

If your American BCBS insurance includes a minimum coverage of 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment when you need to be treated for covid in Thailand, you only need a statement from your insurer confirming the above.  The statement also has to mention your insurance expiry date (which should be beyond the 90-day permission to stay date you would receive on entering Thailand with your 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage).

Thanks for the great intel! I am American, Blue Cross is my present insurance carrier. I just got a quick quote for 60 days for $225.68. That's with $100,000 coverage. $100 deductible. 90 days was $302.68. Says it includes COVID. I haven't shopped around, so I assume these rates are competitive.

https://www.geobluetravelinsurance.com/products/single-trip/voyager-quote-results.cfm

Edited by Travis179
typo

On 3/30/2021 at 3:20 PM, DrJack54 said:

Don't understand. Don't all countries have variants.

Even Australia currently has 3 day lockdown in Brisbane. Borders to other states have been closed. Only 4 local transmissions. It's the UK variant. 

Is there a country without variant

It's a virus.  Virus mutates.

Every country will have "variants" as the weeks and months pass.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 86Tiger said:

It's a virus.  Virus mutates.

Every country will have "variants" as the weeks and months pass.  

It was a rhetorical question. 

I don't understand/follow Thailand's approach to changes to quarantine at this stage. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It was a rhetorical question. 

I don't understand/follow Thailand's approach to changes to quarantine at this stage. 

It's simple Jack, they're desperate for Tourists and $$$$.

Blowing caution to the wind.

On 3/30/2021 at 1:55 PM, Tanoshi said:

Just viewed the COE website and viewed this Infographic notice.

Thank you for posting that. What is the URL of the web page from which you copied it? 

On 3/30/2021 at 7:10 AM, bolt said:

from my COE

Screenshot 2021-03-30 160958.png

I had to reroute my Thai GF from Ecuador around the US and through Spain as she could not get a US transit visa.  The BKK arrival is off exactly one day, same airline and flight number.  Do I have to get another COE? 

1 hour ago, griffon2011 said:

The BKK arrival is off exactly one day, same airline and flight number.  Do I have to get another COE?

Yes, try editing the details on the site and emailing the relevant embassy/consulate to update.

Edited by Salerno

6 hours ago, Salerno said:

Yes, try editing the details on the site and emailing the relevant embassy/consulate to update.

I have been at this for 3 days and tried to edit the details but was not successful. I also tried to start a new one but it would not allow it.  I sent 3 detailed emails to the embassy and no reply. No one answers the phone and actually never did any number of times I tried to call before this about legalizing my Thai police report. If they can't even help a Thai citizen to fix a simple problem I would seriously think about visiting there as a tourist.  

14 hours ago, griffon2011 said:

I had to reroute my Thai GF from Ecuador around the US and through Spain as she could not get a US transit visa.  The BKK arrival is off exactly one day, same airline and flight number.  Do I have to get another COE? 

YES... You do need another CoE, because the CoE is specific to an arrival date (I think the use the CoE registry provided to by the Embassies to the MFA to allocate State Quarantine for Thai’s and ensure ASQ for arriving foreigners). 

BUT... you do not need to reapply for the CoE as you have already gone through the process. Simply e-mail the Thai Embassy with the updated flight details and the Embassy will (should) reissue another CoE with the correct arrival date. 

I went through the exact same thing a week ago: I brought forwards my flight by 24 hrs (same flight / time etc) - I e-mailed the details to the Embassy which re-issued me with a new CoE. 

5 hours ago, griffon2011 said:

I have been at this for 3 days and tried to edit the details but was not successful. I also tried to start a new one but it would not allow it.  I sent 3 detailed emails to the embassy and no reply. No one answers the phone and actually never did any number of times I tried to call before this about legalizing my Thai police report. If they can't even help a Thai citizen to fix a simple problem I would seriously think about visiting there as a tourist.  

How long have you got before your GF travels ?

Some embassies are a lot more forthcoming with their communication than others.

Simply the e-mail - Just send the updated flight ticket along with the CoE and say arrival date has changed - thats all. 

ALSO, ensure you are sending to the correct e-mail. When I travelled last year I was getting no reply from the Thai Embassy London until I started trying a different e-mail address. 

Trying to be helpful here.....

another facet: IF the departure date is the same your GF ‘may’ be ok...  After all, if she is just taking an extra 24 hrs in transit she already has her CoE - Thailand is not going to reject a Thai Citizen from entering the country with a CoE which is 24 hrs out on arrival, so as long as she can get on a plane she should be ok (if no other options work). 

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

How long have you got before your GF travels ?

Some embassies are a lot more forthcoming with their communication than others.

Simply the e-mail - Just send the updated flight ticket along with the CoE and say arrival date has changed - thats all. 

ALSO, ensure you are sending to the correct e-mail. When I travelled last year I was getting no reply from the Thai Embassy London until I started trying a different e-mail address. 

As you suggested, I sent another more detailed email to the address indicated on the COE form for Lima, Peru in addition to the one for basic embassy business.  Hopefully they will reply.  

So far the only countries listed are

1. Republic of South Africa
  2. Republic of Zimbabwe
  3. Republic of Mozambique
  4. Republic of Botswana
  5. Republic of Zambia
  6. Republic of Kenya
  7. Republic of Rwanda
  8. Republic of Cameroon
  9. Democratic Republic of the Congo
  10. Republic of Ghana
  11. United Republic of Tanzania

But there is still confusion around this list as they were originally referring to this url (which lists many countries)

https://cov-lineages.org/global_report_B.1.351.html

We we are mainly waiting for the Ministry of Public Health to keep the actual entry rules up to date.
Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Trying to be helpful here.....

another facet: IF the departure date is the same your GF ‘may’ be ok...  After all, if she is just taking an extra 24 hrs in transit she already has her CoE - Thailand is not going to reject a Thai Citizen from entering the country with a CoE which is 24 hrs out on arrival, so as long as she can get on a plane she should be ok (if no other options work). 

The departure date is the same, however, the arrival is a day later than indicated on the COE but still on the same airline same flight and arrival time.  If I was fairly certain she would be allowed on the plane I would let them sort it out in Thailand.

I did call the Dept of Consular Affairs as indicated on the COE site and mildly abuse them after they said that the embassy had to fix the problem and not them.  I just told them again that the embassy was not responding and if they could not address a simple issue like this for one of their own citizens perhaps foreign visitors should think carefully before risking time and money to visit Thailand.  Thanks for your help Richard.

On 3/31/2021 at 8:42 AM, ozfarang said:

No F2F certificate required

Some caution here:

1. Thailand's new policy of not requiring a F2F cert as of 1 April 2021 has not percolated through the various airline systems. So still seeing some IDB issues after 1 April with airlines requiring this on behalf of Thailand.

2. Some airlines may have their own internal requirements, indepdendent of Thailand, for a F2Fcert.

Net is that you need to research this a bit. Some even recommend getting the cert just as a precaution.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

1. Thailand's new policy of not requiring a F2F cert as of 1 April 2021 has not percolated through the various airline systems. So still seeing some IDB issues after 1 April with airlines requiring this on behalf of Thailand.

I think you would find that the certificate of being tested for covid 19 would be accepted instead of the fit to fly certificate.

Thais do still need the fit to fly certificate since they don't need the tests.

The IATA site does not mention a fit to fly certificate. Click Thailand on this map. 

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you would find that the certificate of being tested for covid 19 would be accepted instead of the fit to fly certificate.

Thais do still need the fit to fly certificate since they don't need the tests.

The IATA site does not mention a fit to fly certificate. Click Thailand on this map. 

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

Certain airlines still require the F2F as their policy for boarding, nothing to do with entering Thailand.

Still need to check with your designated airline on their requirements.