COE website.

12 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

The cheapest COVID-19 only insurance we have found so far is this one. But please note that it will not cover hospitalization if you are hospitalized without any symptoms (asymptomatic).

The follow prices are for someone that is 39 or younger.

45 days - 2000THB (exempt entry)

90 days - 4000THB

1 year - 16500THB

The prices will vary on length of term, as well as the age of the traveler. But if you are looking for a very inexpensive COVID-19 travel insurance to just meet the entry requirements this is a good option.

I ended-up purchasing a policy from Dhipaya Insurance, with the link you kindly provided (cheapest one). For 90 days coverage, it was only 3,840, roughly $128. Very pleased with the premium. They're closed at the moment, as soon as they email a certificate, I will start the COE application. Thanks again for sharing that info! ???? 

1 hour ago, Travis179 said:

I ended-up purchasing a policy from Dhipaya Insurance, with the link you kindly provided (cheapest one). For 90 days coverage, it was only 3,840, roughly $128. Very pleased with the premium. They're closed at the moment, as soon as they email a certificate, I will start the COE application. Thanks again for sharing that info! ???? 

Can you post here or PM me the link to that Dhipaya covid-19 insurance policy.

Or are you referring to the SafetyWing travel-insurance package which indeed only costs 128,70 US $ for 3 months coverage (when under 40 years of age).

52 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Can you post here or PM me the link to that Dhipaya covid-19 insurance policy.

Or are you referring to the SafetyWing travel-insurance package which indeed only costs 128,70 US $ for 3 months coverage (when under 40 years of age).

I clicked the SafetyWing link. After entering all my info, it redirected me to Dhipaya. Date of birth was part of the requested data, and I'm well over 40. I received an email confirmation of the purchase, and a copy of the policy. This link was embedded in the email. Hope that helps.

https://www.tipinsure.com/

Edited by Travis179
typo
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Travis179 said:

I clicked the SafetyWing link. After entering all my info, it redirected me to Dhipaya. Date of birth was part of the requested data, and I'm well over 40. I received an email confirmation of the purchase, and a copy of the policy. This link was embedded in the email. Hope that helps.

https://www.tipinsure.com/

Is that Dhipaya policy a travel-insurance policy that meets the covid-19 coverage requirement? 

SafetyWing is, and thus provides coverage for ANY accident/illness you might encounter while in Thailand (which includes the 100.000 US $ covid-19 coverage). 

TIP insure provides covid-19 ONLY insurance.

It would be strange when wanting to subscribe to the SafetyWing travel-insurance policy that you are diverted to Dhipaya if that policy is not providing travel-insurance but only covers coivd-19.

> It would be helpful when you PM me a copy of the policy you received, as I looked on the Dhipaya website but it is in Thai only.   

41 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Is that Dhipaya policy a travel-insurance policy that meets the covid-19 coverage requirement? 

SafetyWing is, and thus provides coverage for ANY accident/illness you might encounter while in Thailand (which includes the 100.000 US $ covid-19 coverage). 

TIP insure provides covid-19 ONLY insurance.

It would be strange when wanting to subscribe to the SafetyWing travel-insurance policy that you are diverted to Dhipaya if that policy is not providing travel-insurance but only covers coivd-19.

> It would be helpful when you PM me a copy of the policy you received, as I looked on the Dhipaya website but it is in Thai only.   

@Travis179

Hi,

Thanks for PM-ing me a copy of the policy you subscribed to. 

As I suspected it is a 100.000 US $ covid-19 ONLY insurance policy, and you wrote

> I ended-up purchasing a policy from Dhipaya Insurance, with the link you kindly provided (cheapest one). For 90 days coverage, it was only 3,840, roughly $128

But when you are over 39 years of age (as you confirmed), this is for sure the cheapest CoE compliant covid-19 insurance you can find.

But I find it very, very strange that when filling in your data on the SafetyWing travel-insurance site, that you would be redirected to Dhipaya...

I actually think that you had several web-pages open and ended up subscribing to this one. 

As I wrote higher, absolutely cheapest deal I ever came across (3.840 THB for 90 days coverage), and absolutely worthwhile when you already have foreign/international insurance that would cover you in case of accident/illness but does not cover covid-19.

But if you do not have any foreign/international insurance, I would have recommended going for the SafetyWing or AXA Sawasdee travel-insurance package, as those insurance packages do not only cover covid-19 but provide coverage of ANY accident/illness you might encounter while in Thailand.

Also as mentioned before when under 40 years of age the 3-month SafetyWing travel-insurance only costs 128,70 US $ (same as what you paid now for covid-19 insurance ONLY), but when in the age bracket of 51-60 it would cost approx 325 US $, and in that case the 7.400 THB for 3-month coverage provided by AXA Sawasdee would be a better deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

@Travis179

Hi,

As I suspected it is a 100.000 US $ covid-19 ONLY insurance policy, and you wrote

> I ended-up purchasing a policy from Dhipaya Insurance, with the link you kindly provided (cheapest one). For 90 days coverage, it was only 3,840, roughly $128

But when you are over 39 years of age (as you confirmed), this is for sure the cheapest CoE compliant covid-19 insurance you can find.

But I find it very, very strange that when filling in your data on the SafetyWing travel-insurance site, that you would be redirected to Dhipaya...

I actually think that you had several web-pages open and ended up subscribing to this one. 

As I wrote higher, absolutely cheapest deal I ever came across (3.840 THB for 90 days coverage), and absolutely worthwhile when you already have foreign/international insurance that would cover you in case of accident/illness but does not cover covid-19.

But if you do not have any foreign/international insurance, I would have recommended going for the SafetyWing or AXA Sawasdee travel-insurance package, as those insurance packages do not only cover covid-19 but provide coverage of ANY accident/illness you might encounter while in Thailand.

Also as mentioned before when under 40 years of age the 3-month SafetyWing travel-insurance only costs 128,70 US $ (same as what you paid now for covid-19 insurance ONLY), but when in the age bracket of 51-60 it would cost approx 325 US $, and in that case the 7.400 THB for 3-month coverage provided by AXA Sawasdee would be a better deal.

I think you're right about the multiple open web pages. Also correct about the better deal with AXA & SafetyWing (more comprehensive coverage). I apparently lost sight of that, and inadvertently selected the more restrictive, COVID only policy. However, my primary objective was satisfying the COE criteria. Which that one does. Lesson learned. I travel to Thailand frequently...or at least did pre-COVID. I'll save the info on AXA & SafetyWing for future reference. Thanks again for the intel. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

@Travis179

Hi,

I think you are right, we are fairly certain that they would not redirect you to another insurance site.

It seems like a whole different package was purchased from a different insurance company.

Currently we still recommend Safetywing if you are looking for general coverage at a cheap price, another advantage is they are a pretty modern company so the whole process is fairly streamlined.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Travis179 said:

I think you're right about the multiple open web pages. Also correct about the better deal with AXA & SafetyWing (more comprehensive coverage). I apparently lost sight of that, and inadvertently selected the more restrictive, COVID only policy. However, my primary objective was satisfying the COE criteria. Which that one does. Lesson learned. I travel to Thailand frequently...or at least did pre-COVID. I'll save the info on AXA & SafetyWing for future reference. Thanks again for the intel. 

Yes most travelers are just wishing to meet the minimum requirements to enter the country ????

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 1

gday

1. when entering it is required to present a negative PCR Covid Test with a doctor's  english certificate confirming your test would be negative . Thus when I obtain a PCR covid test at the airport as a print out in english including my passport details is this not the same ????

wbr

roobaa01

9 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

1. when entering it is required to present a negative PCR Covid Test with a doctor's  english certificate confirming your test would be negative . Thus when I obtain a PCR covid test at the airport as a print out in english including my passport details is this not the same ????

This is what the COE website states in number 4 here https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en.

"Applicant shows Certificate of Entry (COE), Medical certificate attesting that the traveler is free from COVID-19 issued no more than 72 hours before travelling, and relevant documents."

It does not say that it has to be from a doctor.