Flight to Phuket in April

humdrumdays

I am planning a flight with the family from Bangkok to Phuket in April. My problem is that as age is creeping up on me I don't like flying much anymore. The weather forecast for the month of April looks pretty dire, thunder storms and rain, though obviously it's not 24/7. Any recommendations for flight times to avoid storms/turbulence; eg morning etc? Trains, buses or driving from Bangkok just looks too long. Thanks for any comments.

We made a return trip from Bangkok to Phuket last week, stayed in two resorts, I'd forgotten how lovely Phuket could be, especially without the crowds.

We flew Thai Smile, out at 14.00, returning at 16.25, whilst the flights were full in both direction I was very impressed with the way the flight crew managed to boarding and disembarking. Flights were boarded and disembarked a few rows at a time, there was no pushing and shoving with passengers actually remaining seated when the seatbelt signs were swithched off, I thought the process was actually quicker than the old way.

Before we left Bangkok we were aware that there was heavy rain forecast for every day of our trip,I suspect we had rain for no more than a couple of hours throughout our stay, that will no doubt increase as the rainy season gets fully underway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a flight to Phuket coming up soon. Off topic but can i ask for domestic flights are there any restrictions in place now such as needing apps on your phone, any documentation or heaven forbid quaratine. I guess you still need a mask on for the flight.

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

I have a flight to Phuket coming up soon. Off topic but can i ask for domestic flights are there any restrictions in place now such as needing apps on your phone, any documentation or heaven forbid quaratine. I guess you still need a mask on for the flight.

Required or not, but "Thai Chana" app is recommended (QR code scan).

Always good to have a smartphone being online.

Definitely no quarantine.

100% mask on during whole travel time (airport and plane).

• Like 1