Replacing Lost Driver's License? (Chiang Mai)

om3n1rpak

So I always take my drivers license when I run, in case something happens, so I have ID on me. Well my running backpack broke and I had to return it to Decathlon, with the DL in it as well, obviously. Decathlon conveniently DESTROYS all returned items the same day u return them (WHY????)

So I need to get a new DL. I am in Chiang Mai, if that makes a difference.

most google results are many years old, and all have somewhat conflicting info. Things that I have read are needed.

Police report (within 7 days of application)

New Medical cert.

New cert. of residency (I really hope not. they take a 500 baht bribe at immigration for it here, otherwise it takes 6 weeks)

Anyone know exactly what I will need? Help appreciated.

Edited by om3n1rpak
formatting

1 hour ago, om3n1rpak said:

Decathlon conveniently DESTROYS all returned items the same day u return them (WHY????)

Right it is their stupid policy causing problems, not you failing to clean out the pack before returning it.  It is a pain in the <deleted> all these people around blowing it.

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

So it is Decathlons fault that the OP did not remove contents from the pack before returning it ?

Makes sense to me !!! 555

No it is Decathelon's fault that they sold him a pack that broke and had to be returned and for everyting bad connected to that.

Ignoring the completely irrelevant sidetracking arguments surrounding  blame, OP, you may not need a police report to replace a Driving license. 

My wife simply replaced her’s without a police report. 
Just rock up at DLT and ask for a new one, or call ahead and ask directly. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ignoring the completely irrelevant sidetracking arguments surrounding  blame, OP, you may not need a police report to replace a Driving license. 

Last time I needed a replacement (Bangkok), a couple of years ago, I went to the police station to get a report and they told me it was no longer required and indeed, the DLT didn't ask for one. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 9:56 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Yep, pick up the phone. If no English ask a Thai to speak to them.