Motorcycle riding clothes

Kiwithl

Any up to date knowledge of shops selling "proper" motorcycle riding gear in Nong Khai, preferably, or Udon Thani? Proper by western standards, not shorts and T shirts...

Have previously searched on Thaivisa and found some but now can't find them.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Couldn't find Tony, thanks for trying to help, none the less.

Lazada, yes, but I really wanted to try on for size etc before buying, hence the question.

Just in case it helps anyone else.

On the motorbike forum I found people mentioned Revit gear, lead me to Panda Rider and a list of retailers. Multiply in Udon Thani. Small shop, some good gear but not quite what I wanted. They said they could order in and deliver to me free. Sent measurements via chat on Line and got a few pictures of jackets back. Told them what style I wanted and they said wait for more pictures. Still waiting... Verdict; if you were nearby and/or wanted a good helmet or gloves they'd be worth a visit, for sure. They also sell and install driving lights etc.

Back to Panda Rider website. Wow, HEAPS of stuff! Order via Line as no cart to buy stuff. Ordered a couple of the "cheaper" items, no stock, not right size... So ordered a complete set of riding gear, stuff more expensive than I really wanted but you get what you pay for, right? Would've been 50,000 baht or so... Never heard back from them! I suspect their website far outweighs any actual stock for sale... There's a real shop in Bkk I believe but I'm not there so no idea if it's good or not.

Lazada to the rescue! After hours and days of scrolling through endless choices of good and bad finally contacted a shop called Paddock. (A Laz Mall shop if it matters. Pay through the nose but better service and quality gear?) They were definitely helpful, answered my questions about sizing and different brands and styles etc. Answered promptly even in the middle of Songkran holiday! So they got most of my business. And Lazada return policy is good insurance for wrong sizes etc.

Also Capy Racing shop on Lazada. Ordered a helmet and got a free balaclava thing to wear under the helmet.

On that note I'll ask here (and also on the motorbike forum); do you riders here in the tropics wear a base layer under your riding gear? Like coolmax moisture wicking type stuff I mean? Cotton T shirts soak up the sweat but don't dissipate it real well. In Aussie I wore wool even when hot. Good for keeping cool and wicking away the sweat and smell. But I don't have wool here and Lazada doesn't sell it...

16 minutes ago, Kiwithl said:

Lazada to the rescue! After hours and days of scrolling through endless choices of good and bad finally contacted a shop called Paddock. (A Laz Mall shop if it matters. Pay through the nose but better service and quality gear?) They were definitely helpful, answered my questions about sizing and different brands and styles etc. Answered promptly even in the middle of Songkran holiday! So they got most of my business. And Lazada return policy is good insurance for wrong sizes etc.

Paddock is actually a quite well known "real" shop in Bangkok, but they also sell through Lazada and Shopee.

19 minutes ago, Kiwithl said:

On that note I'll ask here (and also on the motorbike forum); do you riders here in the tropics wear a base layer under your riding gear? Like coolmax moisture wicking type stuff I mean? Cotton T shirts soak up the sweat but don't dissipate it real well. In Aussie I wore wool even when hot. Good for keeping cool and wicking away the sweat and smell. But I don't have wool here and Lazada doesn't sell it...

I usually wear a 100% polyester T-Shirt or Long sleeve (or stack both if it's colder) under my jacket, depending on the weather. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just stuff made for exercising.

For this type of clothing I recommend https://www.decathlon.co.th reasonable quality for the price. Their sizing is just not very consistent, some things are more European size, others more Asian size, making ordering online a bit difficult.

On 4/27/2021 at 11:19 AM, Kiwithl said:

Back to Panda Rider website. Wow, HEAPS of stuff! Order via Line as no cart to buy stuff. Ordered a couple of the "cheaper" items, no stock, not right size... So ordered a complete set of riding gear, stuff more expensive than I really wanted but you get what you pay for, right? Would've been 50,000 baht or so... Never heard back from them! I suspect their website far outweighs any actual stock for sale... There's a real shop in Bkk I believe but I'm not there so no idea if it's good or not.

Went there a couple of years ago and got good service. i believe they now have (had?) 2 shops in BKK.

2 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Went there a couple of years ago and got good service. i believe they now have (had?) 2 shops in BKK.

They have a catalogue available online..

www.decathlon.co.th/en/1001-all-sports?query=golf&p=3