Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

TOT Fiber 2U maxed out at 100mb


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Bubbha said:

Their best plans offer 1 GB/700MG for 900 Baht per month - or 1GB/500MG for 700 Baht per month.

 

You can keep the 590 plan.   Just make them give you a new modem.    I'm very surprised that they even allowed you to have that modem with the fiber plan.

 

11 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I think that GPON (fiber modem) is in Bridge mode (It can function as a router), as it is connected to another router - just my guess. You/tech could set it back to router mode, but you'd need the configuration details and PPPoE credentials.

 

No need for bridge mode.   Use the "new" ToT fiber modem/router that they give you to get your internet going.   Then use one of the LAN slots on the ToT modem to add another private router if you really want.  You can then turn off the WAN/WIFI on the ToT modem/router.   

Doing it this way makes it easy for ToT to troubleshot and/or swap out modem in the future.

 

How many times have the ToT technicians actually come to your complex?   With 3bb where I am, they come out to check any problem that cannot be reset at the office.   And they bring their own laptop and usually a new router.   I think I'm on my  3rd fiber modem (no charge);  all of them were good quality.   I didn't even ask for the swap....they just did it.  

 

I have the 590 plan, which is 1000/300 at the moment.   test speeds "only" give 700-800+ Down and 300 Up on the ethernet connection.   Wifi is more like 260-400 / 300.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on the ToT 1000/500 plan, getting 1026/466 to the ToT speedtest server at 4.30AM today, it varies of course.

 

4 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

Doing it this way makes it easy for ToT to troubleshot and/or swap out modem in the future.

 

I'm using a TP-Link ER6020 multi-WAN router in the DMZ of the ToT router (our ToT tech said he wouldn't support bridge-mode on their router) WiFi is turned off in the ToT router. Works fine to access home NAS and DVR from outside (an AiS 3G gateway is in another WAN port as backup).

 

It's theoretically not as fast as bridge-mode but we're certainly seeing no speed issues even when 1 million family visitors are on the WiFi.

 

Interestingly, the grandkids machine (Dell Optiplex 7010 i5) gets 580/604 to the ToT server, no idea why it's seeing faster upload.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of you seem to be Ok with TOT. That's more than I can say how I find them. I don't need a large download speed so went for their 300MB F/Optic set up. Cheap as chips at 321bht a month inc: Just one minor problem have just checked their speed and I'm only getting 19MB a sec: download. Rubbish. It's been like that for months all over the place, and they cant seem to sort out the problem. Off this morning to AIS as they at least seem to be giving good download speed. I'll give another update once I have installed AIS. For me TOT is goner.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 9:04 AM, fredob43 said:

Some of you seem to be Ok with TOT. That's more than I can say how I find them. I don't need a large download speed so went for their 300MB F/Optic set up. Cheap as chips at 321bht a month inc: Just one minor problem have just checked their speed and I'm only getting 19MB a sec: download. Rubbish. It's been like that for months all over the place, and they cant seem to sort out the problem. Off this morning to AIS as they at least seem to be giving good download speed. I'll give another update once I have installed AIS. For me TOT is goner.  

As promised update. Went into AIS yesterday filled forms 20min: They arrived this morning 9am, ran new F/Optic cable fitted new Modem. All sorted by 10.30am. All working fine now with 200+mb. They don't do 300mb only 200 or 500 went for the 200mb set up. If I want to I can change to 500mb later. Without changing anything. Cost at present 399bht a month. OK a tad more than TOT but better faster setup. Why I need a faster set up is to run my TV android box. That so far is working great.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

  

3 hours ago, fredob43 said:

As promised update. Went into AIS yesterday filled forms 20min: They arrived this morning 9am, ran new F/Optic cable fitted new Modem. All sorted by 10.30am. All working fine now with 200+mb. They don't do 300mb only 200 or 500 went for the 200mb set up. If I want to I can change to 500mb later. Without changing anything. Cost at present 399bht a month. OK a tad more than TOT but better faster setup. Why I need a faster set up is to run my TV android box. That so far is working great.    

 

152 Mbps( 19 MB/s) wasn't fast enough for an Android Box?? 

 

200 Mbps equals 25 MB/s. Did it make a difference to the streaming?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 5:43 PM, Bruno123 said:

  

 

152 Mbps( 19 MB/s) wasn't fast enough for an Android Box?? 

 

200 Mbps equals 25 MB/s. Did it make a difference to the streaming?

TOT was all over the place sometimes I would get 11 MBPS or none at all. The live streaming then was rubbish. With the new AIS 200 MBPS set up so far seems to be very good. I have a Beelink A/Box that seems to be very good. My old A/Box H96 Max was always slow to get any channels. That still works OK with AIS not that I use it much. Still have both connected one via HDMI 1 and the other HDMI 2. Now can use either. NB haven't tried TV today as have just obtained a new comp: and have been setting it up.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fredob43 said:

TOT was all over the place sometimes I would get 11 MBPS or none at all. The live streaming then was rubbish. With the new AIS 200 MBPS set up so far seems to be very good. I have a Beelink A/Box that seems to be very good. My old A/Box H96 Max was always slow to get any channels. That still works OK with AIS not that I use it much. Still have both connected one via HDMI 1 and the other HDMI 2. Now can use either. NB haven't tried TV today as have just obtained a new comp: and have been setting it up.  

I get great speeds with TOT and they always upgrade us to new packages without us having to do anything (something some other providers don't do).

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

I get great speeds with TOT and they always upgrade us to new packages without us having to do anything (something some other providers don't do).

Well your lucky. I was paying for 300mb and was lucky to get the low teens. I looked on Monday and it was fluctuating between 11 & 17MB. Down load. Zero MB upload & on F/Optic. I would have suffered 100 but the low teens just isn't good enough. That was it so I changed.

 

N/B I took their box back yesterday and told them I didn't want their set up. And they wanted to charge me 1.758bht to stop it. Bearing in mind that I have been with them for the last 8 years, & I had paid for 3 months in advance also had 2.5 months left to run I thought that a bit of a rum deal. They settled for a paper hat = 0 bht as that was all I was prepared to pay. And you tell me they are good??? Thank your lucky stars that they treat you OK.

 

Have just done a speed test and I'm getting 239 MB download 231 MB upload A tad better than the 10 to 17MB that TOT gave me. 

Edited by fredob43
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

I get great speeds with TOT and they always upgrade us to new packages without us having to do anything (something some other providers don't do).

TOT always upgraded my package as well - but never the equipment. So I found myself with a 500/500 package and a router with a capacity of 100/100.

You may want to check your speed at the TOT speed test site to make sure you are getting the speed that you're paying for...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Well your lucky. I was paying for 300mb and was lucky to get the low teens. I looked on Monday and it was fluctuating between 11 & 17MB. Down load. Zero MB upload & on F/Optic. I would have suffered 100 but the low teens just isn't good enough. That was it so I changed.

 

N/B I took their box back yesterday and told them I didn't want their set up. And they wanted to charge me 1.758bht to stop it. Bearing in mind that I have been with them for the last 8 years, & I had paid for 3 months in advance also had 2.5 months left to run I thought that a bit of a rum deal. They settled for a paper hat = 0 bht as that was all I was prepared to pay. And you tell me they are good??? Thank your lucky stars that they treat you OK.

 

Have just done a speed test and I'm getting 239 MB download 231 MB upload A tad better than the 10 to 17MB that TOT gave me. 


I think most providers have been upgrading their connections and upgrading packages, but you need to keep an eye on what they offer. I have been well happy with 3BB over the 10 years.

One thing I found out that if you have problems with your connection, like you have, then you need to have the opportunity to get a callback from the ISP team, the back room boffins and a visit from “real” technicians, not the guys with a bamboo ladder and a smile. 
I just changed to AIS mobile, I was really impressed with their phone help desk, every question was ‘yes, that’s not a problem’ I hope you experience the same for their internet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, recom273 said:


I think most providers have been upgrading their connections and upgrading packages, but you need to keep an eye on what they offer. I have been well happy with 3BB over the 10 years.

One thing I found out that if you have problems with your connection, like you have, then you need to have the opportunity to get a callback from the ISP team, the back room boffins and a visit from “real” technicians, not the guys with a bamboo ladder and a smile. 
I just changed to AIS mobile, I was really impressed with their phone help desk, every question was ‘yes, that’s not a problem’ I hope you experience the same for their internet. 

So far so good. I normally pay for 3 months at a time. But as you say they keep updating their product by paying 3 months you sometime loose out on a new set up. Will be paying AIS 1 month at a time and see how they function in the next few months. As said very happy so far. I'll give it a month and maybe upgrade to their 500mb set up. Every little helps with the Android TV BOX. At present that's running in the background. In the past I could never get both running at the same time due to lack of internet M/B. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I came yesterday to TOT , to change package ; technician came this morning, not long, just change modem, and now, I have 1014 /236 , ( TOT speed test ) 631 bahts/months with tax

I live upcountry, I am sure my home country has not a such connexion ; five years with TOT now, and very satisfied, the technician ( always the same guy ), comes very fast  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 4:12 PM, fredob43 said:

So far so good. I normally pay for 3 months at a time. But as you say they keep updating their product by paying 3 months you sometime loose out on a new set up. Will be paying AIS 1 month at a time and see how they function in the next few months. As said very happy so far. I'll give it a month and maybe upgrade to their 500mb set up. Every little helps with the Android TV BOX. At present that's running in the background. In the past I could never get both running at the same time due to lack of internet M/B. 

Have just done a speed test with my new AIS 200MB set up and I'm getting 346mbps down load and a bit more up load. No buffering on my android box, and comp: is fast. I'll see how it goes for the next month or so before I update to their 500MB set up. But if it carries on like it is I won't bother. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...