It’s official: Thai govt approves plans to re-open to foreign tourists

webfact

20 minutes ago, 473geo said:

What you have to understand is flight, quarantine hotel and insurance is a step too far on the financial scale for many, hence the 'no way I am coming when quarantine is in place' statements. Note how many are suddenly open to quarantine if it is only 7 days.......still quarantine after all ????

The requirement for Covid insurance and the need to apply for a CofE from the Thai embassy would also put many off. luckily the need for a fit to fly certificate appears to be dropped. A far cry from buying a flight ticket and hopping on the next plane.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'd say there's a 100% chance you're wrong............

90% 80% 70% 60% 50% bla bla.......Numbers pulled from the air and mean nothing most of the time...

image.jpeg.f2bce05c8973a6334265983172fc3c27.jpeg

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, internationalism said:

without a full vaccination program, that is a death sentence for tens of thousands. This would shut down public health system in those regions, as well as domestic tourism.

There are now many new strains, more dangerous than this from wuhan, to which thai probably were immune.

The first wave caused the strain from Italy, in March.

The second wave in december from myanmar workers came from virus from bangladesh

Yeah, it's everyone else's fault but China and of course Thailand's policies had nothing to do with it. 

Given your reasoning ability, maybe you will like my theories. 

Probably the Thais are immune because they also eat bats. 

The virus probably started in USA and was planted in Myanmar. 

Myanmar people tried to give it to Thais but Thais are immune already. Cannot get it. 

That's why Myanmar is having a civil war. Because they are upset they could not give it Thais. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, polpott said:

The requirement for Covid insurance and the need to apply for a CofE from the Thai embassy would also put many off. luckily the need for a fit to fly certificate appears to be dropped. A far cry from buying a flight ticket and hopping on the next plane.

Maybe by 2023 you can buy that ticket, hop on the flight, land in Thailand, walk through immigration getting stamped in and off you go.  I don't see it happening over the next 18 months. 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, polpott said:

plenty.

So if I wanted to go to the UK now, which I don't, it is just a case of booking a plane ticket from BKK to Heathrow, taking into consideration any UK quarantine rules.

15 hours ago, Mavideol said:

so only able to visit Phuket ..... not allowed to visit the other provinces mentioned below  555

as long the word "quarantine" is there nobody will come

But the unelected Military Academy educated "PM" does not seem to grasp this, or he would stop all the different kind of nonsense we keep reading about every day.

• Like 1

Covid-19 health insurance...no mention if still needed. Also the October and January no ASQ arrivals...is this just for the  vaccinated or anyone (especially the Jan 1 2022 opening)?

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

15 hours ago, sirineou said:

You are in luck. one provinces mentioned in the 7 day quarantine for vaccinated  is Koh Samui. in addition some places will not have quarantine after July 1st.  I know Phuket was one mentioned, I am sure Kho Samui will also want to be one , if it already is not. 

The embassy that serves my area (Washington DC) said that the would also accept insurance from your own country that covers you in Thailand, 

We have Blue Cross Blue shied and someone else we know who also has BCBS  said, that the embays has already accepted their insurance. We have filed but have not heard yet.

But even if they dont. A three month insurance certificate from a Thai provider is very inexpensive, I think about $200.   

Is that the price no matter what age you are?

14 hours ago, Ricebarnandrooms said:

There is a problem there.  Countries aren’t allowing flights back. My mate  keeps trying to get back to the UK and his flight has been cancelled yet again. So travelers arriving here wont get back. 555

I have just been informed by a poster here that there are plenty of planes.

18 hours ago, sirineou said:

No because they are talking about vaccinated tourists, that have completed their vaccine regiment for at least 14 days but no more than three months, and present little danger to the general population. 

I think thats a huge assumption.  The vaccines have been shown to protect against severe covid but are not foolproof against infection.  The number of variants continues to grow and many have been shown to evade current vaccines.  This means that, unless the Thai population is vaccinated, they are opening themselves up to variants spreading amongst the population but with no protection against severe covid.   Anyway lets see.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes.  So can non-Thais.

Unless your in an Area bubble as a non domestic tourist. We are in Chiang Mai now as domestic tourists,, and we left BKK this morning from DMK.  Will return hext week.

32 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

I think thats a huge assumption.  The vaccines have been shown to protect against severe covid but are not foolproof against infection.  The number of variants continues to grow and many have been shown to evade current vaccines.  This means that, unless the Thai population is vaccinated, they are opening themselves up to variants spreading amongst the population but with no protection against severe covid.   Anyway lets see.

u think wrong .  they are finding out fully vaccinated with phizer and moderna are having great results in not transmitting..  i cant say anything about the china virus i mean china vaccine though

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In the final phase, starting January 1st, 2022, any foreign tourist who has been vaccinated against COVID-19 and holds a vaccine passport, can enter Thailand without having to enter quarantine at all.

So what is very unclear is the status of the unvaccinated.  No vaccine passport, no entry I'm assuming.

7 hours ago, taxin said:

Interesting to see Hua Hin is not mentioned as one of the locations alongside Pattaya & Chiangmai.

Tourists who visit Hua Hin tend to be older people, as we know most countries are vaccinating its elderly population first, making them first in line to board the plane.

Makes sense to say Hua Hin would be a more targeted destination for these older people.

It's because they are still working to find a vaccine against boredom

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

So if I wanted to go to the UK now, which I don't, it is just a case of booking a plane ticket from BKK to Heathrow, taking into consideration any UK quarantine rules.

Exactly. As I've said before, certain routes are not flying, mainly those via the Middle East. 

36 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

I think thats a huge assumption.  The vaccines have been shown to protect against severe covid but are not foolproof against infection. 

Thats an even huger assumption as its untrue.

On 3/31/2021 at 5:26 AM, aussiexpat said:

Sounds great. Pity Australia aren't vaccinating anyone under 70 until June, with 12 week wait for 2nd dose. 

Think I'll do the 10 days quarantine and get the vax in Thailand

How will you get vaccinated in Thailand?

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, polpott said:

Exactly. As I've said before, certain routes are not flying, mainly those via the Middle East. 

I do not know what you said before, when I asked about planes flying from BKK to Heathrow, you answered in one word "plenty", I'm sorry if I picked up something wrong.

16 hours ago, Been There said:

I think the word "probably" says it all ...... they don't know ..... 

How much did they "know" when they embarked on the mass vaccination programs of the 50's.

You should be grateful the general population of the time did not shy away from doing the right thing.

2 minutes ago, sezze said:

Can anybody inform me how about travelling to other parts of the country ? Is it , stay in "sandbox' for 7-10-14 days after test and you are free to go anywhere ?

This kind of thing is a movable feast........policy changes occur weekly........even if you get an answer it will only apply to that day/week.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Miami007 said:

the question was why Moderna is approved in USA/ EU but not Thailand.

If you are asking that question then obviously you have established that some entity has applied for approval of the Moderna vaccine.

That being the case your question should then be why the delay in processing said application.