It’s official: Thai govt approves plans to re-open to foreign tourists

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Cabinet on Tuesday formally approved plans to re-open the country to foreign tourists.

how about people from the Philippines? are they included? 

"The country has lost its fight against the pandemic, the president of the Philippine Hospital Association said today, as more hospitals refuse to take in COVID-19 patients. “What we fear has happened. Our hospitals are overrun and overwhelmed,”

https://coconuts.co/manila/news/manila-has-lost-its-battle-against-covid-says-hospital-association-president/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

All that you say is true , but I don't need count Thailand relaxing anything, already they have relaxed quarantine to 10 days , and now 7 days. 

We want to take advantage and return now, because as we both agree , with people being irresponsible, things could take a turn for the worst , and they might tighten up again.

But as of now , things are relaxed. We are shipping some of our stuff tomorrow, and making arrangement to be there late April , early May (pending  on expedition of paperwork, and taking care of some other business )

good luck to you and your lady, I sincerely hope it all works out for you..

• Thanks 1

This is going to be interesting!  My thoughts:  just because something is "official" in Thailand does not mean it's going to actually happen.  And the other thought is, if you let tourists in, and then there is a spike (which seems overwhelmingly likely), will the government close again?  Oh, and I don't immediately fully trust the integrity of the immigration procedure to believe that only vaccinated people are entering.  Is there a test for antibodies you can give to ensure they are vaccinated?  God bless the Kingdom!  ????

5 hours ago, webfact said:

On Tuesday, Phuket Governor said he hopes that as many as 50,000 people will receive the first dose of the vaccine within seven days of it arriving on the island in April. 

It can only be an April Fool's joke, in two days in Phuket they would have you believe they are able to vaccinate 50,000 people???

Hi 

I am a danish resident with all vacinations in place already. I have booked a vacation for my family from 2nd July to 1st of august. Done all the booking myself. Had planned first 25 days on Koh Samui. Looks like a weeks Quarantine first. Anyone have any idea where i have to do this? In Bangkok? Or could it perhaps be done locally so i dont loose the ticket i booked and paid with bangkok air?

Edited by ncmohr
forgot to mention we are a family of 3

35 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

What about all those foreigners who doesn't want to go to a whore and prostitution place like Pattaya or Phuket? Since 99 % of all foreigners who ho there only want to buy sex and also 99 % of all women working there only sell sex in one way or another. I rather stay in Bangkok, since it is the best place in Thailand.

yes. good thinking. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

How do you prove vaccination?

The UK is not currently issuing certificates of vaccination.

Other countries are still considering the possibility.

My medical records, including both Covid jabs, are on available on the NHS website. No idea if this counts as proof of vaccinations but it must help. You need your NHS number to register.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, madmen said:

It's simple ignore the math and whatever is lost in translation 

Arrive unvaccinated anytime its 10 days 

Arrive vaccinated its 7days 

Arrive vaccinated July 1st it's freedom in Phuket at this stage 

It'll be hard to travel without proof of vaccination as it seems most airlines will insist on it before allowing boarding , yet to be decided how you prove vaccination however as all countries differ in approach . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

From 1 July, vaccinated tourists will be able to visit Phuket without the need to quarantine.

so only able to visit Phuket ..... not allowed to visit the other provinces mentioned below  555

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The planned gradual re-opening will see quarantine reduced for fully vaccinated tourists to Chiang Mai, Krabi, Pattaya, Phang Na, Koh Samui and Phuket from as early as next month. 

as long the word "quarantine" is there nobody will come

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 2

Congratulations!

Please download our tracking app before proceeding.  

Proceed to your hotel to quarantine.

From there, proceed to your designated holiday site and do not leave there or else.

Have a great holiday - no thanks for me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Glad to see this report was done on the 31st. If it was tommorow, oh who to believe on April fools day.

they couldn't or they wouldn't be able to post tomorrow, their other post is clear   555

Posting an April Fool’s joke could be considered as deliberately sharing fake news,  

3 hours ago, jaiyen said:

They missed out one big problem, well, maybe not to them. There are NO PLANES !

The planes will start flying as soon as there's a demand.

Take a look at the various airline websites - they're all waiting for countries to open up and they will be there.

• Like 2