Questionable CBD pushed at Sawasdee Clinic

FYI: Sawasdee Clinic is not selling the government-made CBD oil at this time. And since the gov't is the only authorized maker, it's anyone's guess as to what Sawasdee is selling.

The counter staff were all very professional and super friendly and helpful, but the interaction with the doctor herself really felt like a con job.  

Some of the labels of the products I was shown were clearly printed out of a desktop printer and simply taped onto the bottles—complete with misspellings. They didn't even have boxes for the products they were pushing—but the doctor showed me a made-up version of the government box—taped together like a C-plus high school project.

They gave me an initial sample mixed with menthol—menthol!—and had me put it up into my nose with my fingers. CBD oil in the nose! Obviously this was an attempt to convince me of the immediate effects I'll feel with their amazing, magical potion. Like I'm an idiot.

But fine, if I have to play along with the charade to get some CBD oil, I'll keep a straight face. At this point some older Thai man in regular casual office attire came in and sat down next to the doctor without any introduction. Just to watch?

So then I discover their two CBD options are both mixed with THC. I don't want THC. When asked, the doctor said the two CBD options are graded as "...like an 18% of CBD and 1% of THC vs. ...like a 20% and 3% mix". 

But even better, the doctor recommended taking them BOTH, because "they work better when you mix them together." So wait, they're the same exact ingredients with only slightly different concentrations, yet they work better when take together?

They're the same price so common sense was telling me I should just buy the one with higher concentration (besides, the label looked more "real".) But she kept pushing her cheap home brew on me, insisting it is "more calming."

With the medical certificate I received, I could just send a Line message to them to have more product delivered to me, for what that's worth. But the certificate is only good for two months.

So this is what you get when you trek out to Sawasdee Clinic. Super nice, helpful folks. Little mini oasis of a clinic. But questionable sales job and even more questionable products. (Two days of usage and I haven't noticed anything with about 8 or 10 drops at a time.)

CBD_Sawasdee_Front.jpg

CBD_Sawasdee_Side1.jpg

CBD_Sawasdee_Side2.jpg

Edited by allencraig
  • Haha 1

How much I understand That when they think that foreigners think too much and are always looking for problems !

we are lucky enough to get CBD + THC which is clearly the best treatment for anybody who knows what he is doing, but you still find reasons to complain ?!!

I really dream that no more foreigners would be allowed in this country !!! I can't stand them anymore !!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, allencraig said:

it's anyone's guess as to what Sawasdee is selling.

Believe there is a reason they call it "snake oil".

Hopefully it is something food-grade, like cooking oil or olive oil.

Clark_Stanley's_Snake_Oil_Liniment.png

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, thaicookingchef said:

How much I understand That when they think that foreigners think too much and are always looking for problems !

we are lucky enough to get CBD + THC which is clearly the best treatment for anybody who knows what he is doing, but you still find reasons to complain ?!!

I really dream that no more foreigners would be allowed in this country !!! I can't stand them anymore !!!!

Yes, you are right. We are lucky to have a controlled market open to us that's completely untrust-worthy but that maybe—maybe—allows us the possiblity of getting a product that's redily available the world over. So therefore we should all be happy with every single interaction, no matter what! What a complainer I am!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 3/31/2021 at 12:02 PM, allencraig said:

They're the same price so common sense was telling me I should just buy the one with higher concentration (besides, the label looked more "real".) But she kept pushing her cheap home brew on me, insisting it is "more calming."

So what prices were you given?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 10:41 AM, revgreen said:

I've used Sawasdee before. Their THC oil is absolutely the real deal. I accidentally used a few too many drops and was on the moon.

Yes and I accidentally went to soi siped

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a bad experience there last year as well. The doctor just tries to give you as many products as possible without proper information, I ended up leaving there with a load of random rubbish in a bag and quite a hefty bill for it. None of it helped my symptoms. 

I don't think I would bother the lengthy trip there again even if they were giving it away for free.