Honda Click 150 key less remote issues

Mavideol

did anybody owning a honda click 150I had any issues with their key less start remote. It has happen to me 2-3 times already at different places, the key less doesn't unlock the moto or activate the start button, this morning parked at Tesco, after shopping tried to start the moto to not avail, (The remote battery is good and working that was not a battery problem) I pushed all buttons on the remote but to no result, the first time it happen it may have been due to a car parked next to me and maybe having same remote less waves or bluetooth or whatever they use to control, pushed the top button on my remote for a little longer and it unlocked, today pushed the same buttons but no action, the alarm keeps beeping as it still on but can't deactivate it, after almost 10 minutes all of a sudden it worked.... I do miss the key system, wonder if I could install it on the 150I just replacing the damn shxx remote

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I always hold the 'key' button until the LED on the remote fob flickers green.

What was your LEd showing red or green?

Works every time.

it keeps showing red, couldn't unlock thus red blinking and at the same time the 2 green arrows came up but next to the right one there was a big RED one as well.... I usually do as you do and did the same this morning but for whatever reason it wouldn't work, took almost 10 minutes of clicking to finally unlock, went straight to honda dealer explained to the guy and luckily it did it again and this time  in front of him, he clicked as I did and after 2-3 tries it worked, he told me maybe I was too far from the moto, I explained to him that I was sitting on the moto, he couldn't understand and told me to keep going as it wouldn't happen again, I look at him and   555 what else could I do

I had a similar issue with my keyless Honda ADV150 (same system as Click). The key fob light activated and changed colour but bike would not unlock/start. I suspected that it needed more battery power than just to illuminate the key fob light. I changed the battery CR2032 (buy from 7-11) and it solved the problem and is still working fine 8 months later. For the 40 Baht? cost of a new key fob battery it's first port of call IMO.

• Like 1

I changed the battery of the motorbike itself and that fixed it for me. On top of this, I stopped using the start/stop function in traffic lights and let it idle. Apparently, it's not so good to use the start/stop or leave your ingnition on regularly without the engine running with bikes that have keyless ignition, as it needs a lot of power to operate. 

If the battery in the remote is low, the "key" LED on the dash will flash 5 times. You can check the voltage of the bike battery on the dash. The only time I had trouble was when I must have done an accidental push of the lock in my pocket. Idle Stop will not work if the battery is low.

Normally I never touch the remote, walk to the bike and touch the starter which energises the ignition switch on the bike.

I have heard of people having trouble if the remote is in your back pack on your back. The range is about 70cm so could get out of range.

Also just try cleaning the remote battery with a tissue and reinsert using a tissue, avoiding getting fingers on it.

15 hours ago, briofoz said:

If the battery in the remote is low, the "key" LED on the dash will flash 5 times. You can check the voltage of the bike battery on the dash. The only time I had trouble was when I must have done an accidental push of the lock in my pocket. Idle Stop will not work if the battery is low.

Normally I never touch the remote, walk to the bike and touch the starter which energises the ignition switch on the bike.

I have heard of people having trouble if the remote is in your back pack on your back. The range is about 70cm so could get out of range.

Also just try cleaning the remote battery with a tissue and reinsert using a tissue, avoiding getting fingers on it.

thanks for the detailed info, I like you do not take the remote out of my pocket and never start the moto until seated on it. The battery was new and working and no 5 times flash anywhere. The way it happen appears to be conflict from nearby car and/or moto with maybe similar wireless waves, it's the 3rd time it happen, the first 2 times it was fixed quite fast by pushing & holding the remote button for 20-30 seconds but the 3rd (last) time it took almost 10 minutes to unlock.... tested batteries (both moto and remote) all well

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, amexpat said:

My click is a 160.  If some fool locks the remote under the seat, will it still function. I'm afraid to fiddle around and find out. 

Thanks. 

Yes, except if something blocks the signal I've noticed when I'm next to another specific motorcycle the keyless doesn't work, i have to take it out of my bag and get it closer.

Not wise to keep your fob under the seat

Edited by scubascuba3

7 hours ago, amexpat said:

My click is a 160.  If some fool locks the remote under the seat, will it still function. I'm afraid to fiddle around and find out. 

Thanks. 

In general yes, but be careful that you don't lock it together with something that interferes with the key fob.

I do for example have a powerbank with wireless charging functionality, if this is close to the key fob the key doesn't work anymore, so if I would lock these two together under the seat I'd have a problem....

• Like 1