UK ILR visa - document requirements

I've recently submitted an online application for my wife's IRL (M) visa and have booked an appointment for biometric data submission.  I am now at the point of uploading the supporting documents. Its mostly straightforward but I am unclear about a couple of things:

1. Mention us made of uploading a 'Proof of Application' - what is this?  Is it the completed application form that was auto-emailed back to us directly after we did the online application submission?

2. I have two UK passports (prior to recent retirement I was doing a lot of travelling for UK gov) - do I really have to scan and submit ALL pages of both passports?  Or do they just want to see the biometric data page from one of the passports?  It seems that they are looking for 'proof of sponsor's settled status in UK' rather than travel history.

3. I assume that at the biometric appointment my wife's passport and BRP will be retained by the Sopra Steria staff?

Any info gratefully received....

I did all this for my wife last year.

1. I just uploaded the acknowledgment of payment showing the reference number.

2. For you as the sponsor just upload the details page of your current passport.

3. Nothing is retained by UKVCAS staff at the biometric appointment. There is no physical submission of evidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, bigyin said:

I did all this for my wife last year.

1. I just uploaded the acknowledgment of payment showing the reference number.

2. For you as the sponsor just upload the details page of your current passport.

3. Nothing is retained by UKVCAS staff at the biometric appointment. There is no physical submission of evidence.

Many thanks for the reply - really appreciate it!

If my wife's passport is not retained by UKVCAS does that mean that there is no 'ILR' visa sticker placed in her passport?  She just gets a new BRP ?

Edited by HauptmannUK

HI, I just spoke to my wife re this as we will be applying for the ILR later in the year.

She has been following a couple of Filipino girls on youtube re their ILR applications.

She said that they didn't need to go to an office for a BRP as they did it on a new  app' - the app' is called IDV, it's apparently linked to UKVCAS. Was introduced by the government last year.

I just did a check on youtube and I see a few videos on the subject.

Seems to negate the need/cost to visit the office.

22 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

HI, I just spoke to my wife re this as we will be applying for the ILR later in the year.

She has been following a couple of Filipino girls on youtube re their ILR applications.

She said that they didn't need to go to an office for a BRP as they did it on a new  app' - the app' is called IDV, it's apparently linked to UKVCAS. Was introduced by the government last year.

I just did a check on youtube and I see a few videos on the subject.

Seems to negate the need/cost to visit the office.

I would check out the situation when you come to submit.  I read that use of the IDV app is 'by invitation'.  I contacted UKVCAS (support line, 4p/minute) to find out if we could be 'invited' and was told that 'the IDV app is not being used' - no further explanation.  Looks like they may have discontinued it.  So I made an appointment to visit a UKVCAS centre.

Thanks for that looks like we'll just have to wait and see at the time whether we get the invite or not for the app.

I did a search and found a useful link from UKCVAS dated 25 March 2021 and IDV:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message-detail?flashmessageId=74833

Don’t book an appointment after using the IDV app

IDV app

Don’t book an appointment after using the IDV app

The processing of all UKVI applications is based on the date of application and NOT the date you submitted supporting information via UKVCAS. UKVI have assured us that booking a UKVCAS appointment rather than using the IDV app does not mean that your application will be processed more quickly.

UKVI have asked us to cancel appointments for applicants that have submitted their UKVI application using the IDV app. This is because their application is already in progress by UKVI case workers. If this affects your application, you will receive an email which explains the next steps.

Cheers

They only used the app last year during the first lockdown. Only for student visa use now. I am afraid there is no substitute for attending a biometric appointment. A warning here, the appointments are released a month ahead at midnight each day and get snapped up. There are free ones but the average cost is around £130. ILR applications Set (M) are currently slow with current approvals for applications made in October.

Looks like it's of benefit to UKVCAS to ensure an appointment is necessary and chargeable(in most cases), whereas the online IDV application is free. Both sets of info' ultimately go to UKVI. One just means individuals have to organise/pay/travel/attend an appointment.

I would have thought even now, where the emphasis is to limit travel where possible & work from home if possible an app' would be the more sensible choice.

One further point is that the above link is actually from last year when the app was in use. It actually slowed the process and people started booking appointments even after using the app so they put out this message.  They should really take it down now.

1 minute ago, bigyin said:

One further point is that the above link is actually from last year when the app was in use. It actually slowed the process and people started booking appointments even after using the app so they put out this message.  They should really take it down now.

The link is dated:

UKVCAS Service Status

25 March 2021

This status update covers: