Phuket among top-choice destinations of tourists already vaccinated, says TAT Governor

webfact

1617171733_1-org.jpg

Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Governor Yuthasak Supasorn in Phuket yesterday (Mar 30. Photo: PR Phuket)

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Governor Yuthasak Supasorn in Phuket yesterday revealed that Thailand was among the top-choice destinations of people who are already vaccinated and looking to travel ‒ on one condition: that they are not required to observe a mandatory quarantine.

The news came via a survey of 17,000 people conducted through the TAT’s 29 branches worldwide, Mr Yuthasak told a meeting at the Anantara Mai Khao Phuket resort yesterday (Mar 30).

The meeting was held to discuss the plan and preparations to reopen Phuket to vaccinated international tourists on July 1, in the hope of reopening the whole country to vaccinated tourists from Oct 1.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-among-top-choice-destinations-of-tourists-already-vaccinated-says-tat-governor-79518.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-03-31

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

on one condition: that they are not required to observe a mandatory quarantine.

That's right nobody wants to pay for your BS QUARATINE  .

Edited by keith101
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Governor Yuthasak Supasorn in Phuket yesterday revealed that Thailand was among the top-choice destinations of people who are already vaccinated and looking to travel ‒ on one condition: that they are not required to observe a mandatory quarantine.

That's some optimism he has... as quarantine is still required even after vaccination.

• Like 1

Wow !

Only 2 days to send out, and receive back, all those questionairs on Phuket,s viability as a Tourist Destination. And then to correlate all the Data, so that this TAT Governor  could make this statement.

Good work 

On 4/1/2021 at 6:16 AM, Christie Paul said:

Despite a highly successful vaccine roll out, Britons are not be allowed to travel overseas. The new excuse is "variants". 

Where is the actual link saying Britons are not allowed to Travel overseas ? There are already britons overseas including myself that have no travel restrictions from the country im in.

Also Britons can travel if they have a valid reason certainly not for specific holidays but the statement above is incorrcet in the fact that Britons can travel overseas and continue to do so as long as they have the required paperork or necessity to travel.

6 hours ago, stretch5163 said:

Where is the actual link saying Britons are not allowed to Travel overseas ? There are already Britons overseas including myself that have no travel restrictions from the country I'm in.

Also Britons can travel if they have a valid reason certainly not for specific holidays but the statement above is incorrect in the fact that Britons can travel overseas and continue to do so as long as they have the required paperwork or necessity to travel.

You answered your own question.

Casual tourist holidays from the UK are not allowed but business and return to the family are.

quote "There are already Britons overseas including myself that have no travel restrictions from the country I'm in."

Of course there are and if the paperwork and vaccinations are OK, and if the country you are in permits travel to and from it for any citizens then there should be no problem.

I am am a Brit living in Thailand and if I choose to go on holiday elsewhere, it will be up to the country I wish to go to, plus vaccinations etc from Thailand.

I will not be transiting the UK.

However returning to Thailand after my holiday will rely on Thailand letting me back in and I suspect that I will still have to spend time in quarantine.