Thai fraudster allegedly swindled $9.7million out of lonely rich men

webfact

4 hours ago, bimmerbob said:

Really?
Why $$'s then?

You may find NSW in Aus!!

Yes and you might find euro's and baht there as well as other currency's . So in thailand you can scam people only out of baht ?? And in europe only out of euro's ?? 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Susco said:

Not everyone knows that NSW is not in the UK, but actually where they sent the UK convicts, so it's actually an Australian state full of Brits.

Do you know where Hasselt or Diest are?

In context of this story . Do I care probably a more pertinent question.

Hint: the answer is in the negative

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

She might find the legal system in NSW to be somewhat different to Thailand.

Yeah total opposite larger fines smaller sentences much better.  Might find the prisons much nicer too 

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Must be a clever person to get a foreigner a credit card, judging from the stories I read on here of people unable to get a credit card from a Thai bank even with hundreds of thousands in the bank

She did all the fraud in Australia, so one would presume they were Aussie men and Aussie banks that allow online applications.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Susco said:

Did you try to read the story before you commented?

This happened in the UK

You obviously didn't ... Chimmalee is alleged to have offered Thais in Australia better foreign exchange rates than banks to remit money to Thailand in a series of social media posts.

2 hours ago, rtco said:

You obviously didn't ... Chimmalee is alleged to have offered Thais in Australia better foreign exchange rates than banks to remit money to Thailand in a series of social media posts.

Yes I admit, I didn't read the full article, as they demand I disable my ad blocker, so they can inundate me with ads and trackers.

I though could see New South Wales court, which I mistakenly thought was in the UK, as I know there is a South Wales in the UK.

I'm sure you are well-educated about every state and major city in every country in the world, and would never be confused.

On 3/31/2021 at 3:04 PM, webfact said:

using the personal information of men she met online to apply for loans and credit cards and to register businesses

How can a woman / man can use personal info from men / women to get themselves a loan or cc? 

I often wonder where people like her would be in life if they used their know-how to make money legitimately. 

On 4/1/2021 at 2:45 AM, Susco said:

Not everyone knows that NSW is not in the UK, but actually where they sent the UK convicts, so it's actually an Australian state full of Brits.

Nor do they know that NSW is not in Iceland or Greenland.

Google tells me Hasselt is in Belgium. Is that true?

Are you Belgian?

On 4/1/2021 at 5:04 AM, Nanaplaza666 said:

Yes and you might find euro's and baht there as well as other currency's . So in thailand you can scam people only out of baht ?? And in europe only out of euro's ?? 

What is wrong with you?

33 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

No fun in that

True, but there's even less fun in always looking over your shoulder and even less fun again sharing a cell with a gorilla. 

On 4/1/2021 at 8:45 AM, Susco said:

I think you will find that any of the convicts who were transported to NSW are long dead.

If any of their dependents are still alive they would be Australians by birth, just to make a point.

You guys are missing a very important point.

Yee gads, did you check out that Chanel handbag in the Mail story?  Awful.  Who would be caught dead carrying an item like that?  She can be arrested on the grounds of bad taste.  Coco must be turning over in her grave to know her name is associated with an item like that.  

Edit:  the Chanel shoes in the Mail story are very nice, however.

• Haha 2